GUILTY NM - Omaree Varela, 9, called 911 before dying of abuse, Albuquerque, 27 Dec 2013

News just broke that Omaree Varella's mother was just sentenced to 40 years. I'm on my ipad and dont't know how to paste link. I heard her say, "This isn't the way it was supposed to be." Yeah, she probably meant that she wasn't supposed to get caught. You can check KOAT News in Albuquerque.

News just broke that Omaree Varella's mother was just sentenced to 40 years. I'm on my ipad and dont't know how to paste link. I heard her say, "This isn't the way it was supposed to be." Yeah, she probably meant that she wasn't supposed to get caught. You can check KOAT News in Albuquerque.

Thanks Cracka*Jaxx. I just saw it on KRQE myself. You're right, she "kicked him the wrong way," after all. :(

http://krqe.com/2016/05/06/woman-accused-of-kicking-son-to-death-sentenced-to-40-years-behind-bars/

I just read this thread as I watched my 7 yr old daughter play outside with the neighborhood kids. Breaks my heart what this child suffered through. I don't understand how having 9 reports to CPS doesn't trigger a massive inspection. I can see having a false report maybe even 2 because some ppl abuse the system but after 9 times with 2 proven abuse claims something should have been done. We need to start treating every case like it's proven until it's proven it's in fact abuse or not. Better to have false positives and standards in place than to let one claim fall through the cracks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Court voids 1 conviction in death of Omaree

The state Court of Appeals has voided the most serious conviction against Stephen Casaus after finding that prosecutors were not able to prove his failure to seek medical help for 9-year-old Omaree Varela resulted in the boy’s death.

Last week’s opinion could mean that Casaus will see 18 years cut from the 30-year sentence he received in the case surrounding the death of Varela, his stepson, in December 2013.

Court voids 1 conviction in death of Omaree

The state Court of Appeals has voided the most serious conviction against Stephen Casaus after finding that prosecutors were not able to prove his failure to seek medical help for 9-year-old Omaree Varela resulted in the boy’s death.

Last week’s opinion could mean that Casaus will see 18 years cut from the 30-year sentence he received in the case surrounding the death of Varela, his stepson, in December 2013.
BBM

That's terrible !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda