NM - Richy Brown, 15 mos, found dead in Encino field, 26 Sept 2007

I second the "fishy" smiley...!!!

Anyone heard any updates yet?
Remember it can get very cold on a September night in NM... in the mountains or in the desert,, there isn't much to keep you warm... especially when you're just a toddler. Also the distress of being lost may have hastened his death.

ALBUQUERQUE - Medical investigators performed an autopsy Thursday on 15-month-old Richy Willis-Brown who was found dead yesterday in the rugged open country near Encino.

However, there's still no word on how he died and the results of drug and alcohol tests run on the toddler's mother have not been released.

She remains under psychiatric care in Albuquerque.

The Torrance county sheriff says an autopsy was done on the little boy's body on Thursday. While no official cause of death has been released news 13 is told charges will be filed against his mother.

Pictures of the little boy are at the link:

http://www.krqe.com/Global/story.asp?S=7140463&nav=menu588_2_3

Mother was arrested in Oregon last November, KRQE News 13 reports.

and
Meanwhile, KRQE News 13 reported Monday that Willis was arrested last November in Grants Pass, Ore., in connection with a violent incident involving her, her baby, her father and another man.

According to a police report cited by KRQE, Willis' father set fire to a home with Diana Willis and her baby inside, and when the woman refused to leave the house she had to be Tasered.

When paramedics tried to give the baby medical attention, Diana Willis refused to allow it, and she was arrested for reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and other charges, News 13 reported.

The baby, Richie Willis Brown, was taken into state custody, but News 13 was unable to learn when he was returned to his mother.

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4955&

What a beautiful looking little boy.. He will be cherished in heaven as he should have been on earth.

October 1, 2007

Mother May Be Charged in Baby's Death

Law enforcement officials began the search Sept. 25 after getting a 2:30 a.m. report of a woman, holding a baby, walking nude along U.S. 60 near Encino in far eastern Torrance County.
The woman, Diana Willis, was found at 8:30 a.m. in a highway department yard near Encino. The child was not with her.
"She was delusional and not making logical statements," Undersheriff Heath White said last week.
An autopsy report may not be finished for another week, Gibson said.

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/state/598872nm10-01-07.htm

Mother was arrested in Oregon last November, KRQE News 13 reports.

and
Meanwhile, KRQE News 13 reported Monday that Willis was arrested last November in Grants Pass, Ore., in connection with a violent incident involving her, her baby, her father and another man.

According to a police report cited by KRQE, Willis' father set fire to a home with Diana Willis and her baby inside, and when the woman refused to leave the house she had to be Tasered.

When paramedics tried to give the baby medical attention, Diana Willis refused to allow it, and she was arrested for reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and other charges, News 13 reported.

The baby, Richie Willis Brown, was taken into state custody, but News 13 was unable to learn when he was returned to his mother.

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4955&

After all of that and all of those charges they gave the baby back to her! Not hard to believe I guess but they had a hand in the death of this little guy. He never should have been given back. Sounds like she was on something at the time of her other arrest!

when the woman refused to leave the house she had to be Tasered.

When paramedics tried to give the baby medical attention, Diana Willis refused to allow it, and she was arrested for reckless endangerment

:slap: Oh, she sounds like the poster child for proper parenting.

I would like to hear more about this other "incident" in Ore in which was it the baby's father or her father? set their house on fire, and she refused to get out of the burning house with herself and the baby; the police had to taser her. She is obviously unfit as a parent, why and how would she have been allowed to get custody back?

I would like to hear more about this other "incident" in Ore in which was it the baby's father or her father? set their house on fire, and she refused to get out of the burning house with herself and the baby; the police had to taser her. She is obviously unfit as a parent, why and how would she have been allowed to get custody back?

It sounds like it was her father and another unnamed man.

Whoever gave the child back to her should be facing intense scrutiny right now. JMO.

I'm glad that this is seriously being checked into and Mom is being charged.

Now she's saying she was afraid of spiders and that's why she took her clothes off? WTH??? She admits putting the baby down and walking away because she need a "break" from him. Crazy b!tch left him out there!!

Charges against mother dropped

Updated: Wednesday, 10 Mar 2010, 11:17 AM MST
Published : Wednesday, 10 Mar 2010, 11:04 AM MST

ALBUQUERUQE (KRQE) - Charges against a mother whose baby was found dead and naked in a field in September 2007 have been dismissed.

Diana Willis, the mother of 15 month old Richy Willis Brown, left the boy alone in a field near a highway in Torrance County. The boy died from being left in the cold, naked.

Willis was charged with child abuse resulting in death. A relative came up with $200,000 to get her out of jail.

More on this story at Noon on KRQE News 13

from here http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/charges-against-willis-dropped-in-childs-death

===================================
Earlier news:

Charges may be dropped in child death

Updated: Wednesday, 10 Mar 2010, 11:18 AM MST
Published : Tuesday, 09 Mar 2010, 10:39 PM MST

* Alex Tomlin

Albuquerque, N.M. (KRQE) - Diana Willis, the mother of 15 month old Richy Willis Brown, may not be tried for the toddler’s death.

The boy died from being left in the cold, naked, and alone in a field near a highway in Torrance County in September of 2007.
Willis was charged with child abuse resulting in death. A relative came up with $200,000 to get her out of jail.

She's undergone mental evaluations and been deemed competent to stand trial, but that trial may never happen.

A news conference is set for Wednesday to discuss the charges against the 27-year-old where charges could be dropped.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/Charges-may-be-dropped-in-child-death

I haven't yet found the reason why the charges were dropped...WTH?? :confused:

this is ridiculous......i could see if she was found incompetent to stand trial, but she wasnt.

stupid freaking prosecutors always more worried about whether they can win then getting justice

OMG! This is insane! She should be put to death! I can't stand these freaks hurting children. Left him alone in a field? naked? Unreal.

WHAT?!?! I think there may be flames shooting out of my head at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back