NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

The type of film used in the 1989 photo wasn’t available until 1989. It’s definitely not Tara in that photo. But thanks to the internet, it has a strong association with her case. I just wish the people could come forward so we could put this to rest. Maybe someone secretly came forward and doesn’t want to be identified.
My guess is the girl came forward and didn't wish to be identified so they just quietly closed her case without the press knowing. Word will come out eventually though. It always does.

Doenetwork is under maintenance right now. I wonder if that Polaroids was a parental joke because the two kids were fighting on a roadtrip. And parents we've all thought about it. 1980's maybe parents did this.

Doenetwork is under maintenance right now. I wonder if that Polaroids was a parental joke because the two kids were fighting on a roadtrip. And parents we've all thought about it. 1980's maybe parents did this.

Carl K noted that only a small strip of tape was used on their mouths. If you were going to tape someone's mouth shut to silence them, you would use much more and probably wrap it around the entire head.

There is this article I found while doing an internet search for any information.
I am convinced that investigators know everything except the precise location of Tara's body. I am also convinced that the chief perpetrators are dead. I do think that there is at least one accomplice after the fact who is still alive. I know that there is no statute of limitations on murder, but I don't know whether the statute of limitations applies to accomplices after the fact.

News conference tomorrow.

The Valencia County Sheriff’s Office has announced it will be making an announcement next week in regards to an infamous Valencia County missing person’s case.

Tara Calico
A press conference will be held on the morning of Tuesday, June 13, where Sheriff Denise Vigil, along with representatives of the Federal Bureau of Investigations, will be providing new information abut the 1988 disappearance of Tara Calico.

“Substantial progress has been made in this investigation and it is time for the public to be made aware of this new information and its impact on the community,” is what was stated in a press release from VCSO on Tuesday, June 6.

Calico, who was 19 when she disappeared on Sept. 20, 1988, had gone for a bicycle ride.

She was last seen riding a neon pink Huffy mountain bike with yellow control cables and sidewalls.

Calico left her home on Brugg Street in Rio Communities to go on a bike ride at 9:30 a.m., that September day.

She rode her mother’s bicycle as her own was damaged.

She was last seen riding along N.M. 47 in Valencia County at about 11:45 a.m. Calico biked this route daily during her routine 36-mile ride.

She was wearing a white T-shirt with “1st National Bank of Belen” on it (size medium), white shorts with green stripes, white ankle socks, and white and turquoise Avia tennis shoes. Calico was also wearing a gold butterfly ring with a diamond insert, a gold amethyst ring and half-inch gold hoop earrings.

In 1998, a judge deemed Calico “deceased,” ruling her death a homicide, according to reporting by Albuquerque television station KOAT, and a sealed search warrant “relevant to the case” was executed at a home in Valencia County in the fall of 2021.

I apologize if this has been linked already:
New Mexico State Police - Tara Calico
Content Note: At the link above there is a PDF that contains investigative reports from various LE working on the Tara Calico cold case over the years. What witnesses describe is a premeditated murder of Tara Calico, and not an accident as rumored. PDF is 22 pages long and includes description of what happened.

Trigger Warning: abduction, alcohol, assault, drugs, homicide, police corruption, rape, sexual assault, sexual assault - group, suicide

Content Note: At the link above there is a PDF that contains investigative reports from various LE working on the Tara Calico cold case over the years. What witnesses describe is a premeditated murder of Tara Calico, and not an accident as rumored. PDF is 22 pages long and includes description of what happened.

Trigger Warning: abduction, alcohol, assault, drugs, homicide, police corruption, rape, sexual assault, sexual assault - group, suicide
Here are screenshots of pages 11 and 12:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613-132956~2.png
    Screenshot_20230613-132956~2.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20230613-133204~2.png
    Screenshot_20230613-133204~2.png
    576 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Here is the PDF. Admins and Mods, please delete if not allowed.

Attachments

• NM State Police -Tara Calico.pdf
    946.1 KB · Views: 116
<modsnip>

Anyway, an actual deathbed confession. Even if he was just admitting that he knew, it's still unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
(RBBM) This is concerning considering all the names mentioned in those documents. JMO.

“At this time, law enforcement believes there is sufficient evidence to submit this investigation to the district attorney’s office for review of potential charges,” Vigil said. “Currently, the identities and specifics of the persons of interest are sealed by the court and will remain so until a court orders otherwise. Regardless, community members remain a vital resource and we always welcome additional information.”

Tara-Calico-presser-3-COL.jpg

For those who can’t access the files on Scribd (it’s free for me to view without subscribing but that may be limited to so many views) you can find them here too.

The fact they said "Those who did this will have to answer and pay for what they did very soon" indicates the killer or killers are still alive. They must know they did this with extremely strong evidence like her body or DNA as they wouldn't make a press conference out of it and file charges. We very likely will get names within a week. Frankly is pisses me off whoever did this lived 35 years of freedom. Thankfully they are caught and time is up in 2023. I'm looking forward to the court proceedings and what they have to say for themselves if they choose to do so.

I am convinced that investigators know everything except the precise location of Tara's body. I am also convinced that the chief perpetrators are dead. I do think that there is at least one accomplice after the fact who is still alive. I know that there is no statute of limitations on murder, but I don't know whether the statute of limitations applies to accomplices after the fact.
I agree. To have a big press conference they must have very sold evidence and are all but certain they know who did this and they are still alive.

(RBBM) This is concerning considering all the names mentioned in those documents. JMO.

“At this time, law enforcement believes there is sufficient evidence to submit this investigation to the district attorney’s office for review of potential charges,” Vigil said. “Currently, the identities and specifics of the persons of interest are sealed by the court and will remain so until a court orders otherwise. Regardless, community members remain a vital resource and we always welcome additional information.”

Tara-Calico-presser-3-COL.jpg

For those who can’t access the files on Scribd (it’s free for me to view without subscribing but that may be limited to so many views) you can find them here too.
Oh they got them. This is all signs of basically a solved cold case and letting us know but cant officially say it. hopefully we will get the name or names of who did this terrible act within a week or so.

They are submitting their findings to the DA for charges.

This is all signs of basically a solved cold case and letting us know but cant officially say it. Think about it...they wouldnt go 35 years without much of anything at all then suddenly announce this publicly. There must be extremely strong evidence.My guess is forensics like a fingerprint or DNA.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back