NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting "developments". However, I will reserve judgement re: whether this is anything substantive until the official detail(s) are released, etc.

I still don't believe that the Polaroid found in FL in '89 has anything to do with this TC case. It's either a hoax, or possibly something else. This is just MHO, obviously.
I agree. Melinda Esquibel insists that it does but won't say what.

Anyone think the photo found of a Woman duck tapped tied up and gagged shouldn't be show anymore? It hasn't been proven to be her and its extremely distressing to keep having it shown constantly when researching this case. Its almost like a assault on the senses seeing such a horrible thing.I dont think its right to do that to people its very disturbing.

Anyone think the photo found of a Woman duck tapped tied up and gagged shouldn't be show anymore? It hasn't been proven to be her and its extremely distressing to keep having it shown constantly when researching this case. Its almost like a assault on the senses seeing such a horrible thing.I dont think its right to do that to people its very disturbing.
I see your point, Charles, but that van photo is IMO so bogus that it was never even slightly credible. Look at the supposed bonds on the young woman--clearly faked IMO. I'd call it a non-issue; the photo was a joke or a hoax IMO and it doesn't matter--again, my opinion. Bad taste, sure, but meaningless. --ken

If it's going to be a repetition of the document that has been out in the open for years, then the charges will probably be related to concealment of crime, obstruction, destruction of evidence, abetting the killers, etc., rather than murder, as the four mentioned are dead...

It would certainly be very interesting, though, if there was someone still alive who had been directly involved in the crime.

And maybe they will finally address that silly photo openly. A wacky prank photograph, staged by a sister and brother, is still idiotically pushed as "the haunting photo of kidnapped Tara Calico". They won't mention it, but they should - it might shut up 1% of those who still keep bringing it up.

(Well, to be accurate, the photo is often pushed idiotically, but, even more often, it's done knowingly and maliciously, for monetary gain of collecting "clicks" on trash filth like: "THE 10 MOST CHILLING PHOTOGRAPHS OF KIDNAPPING VICTIMS! (NUMBER 7 WILL SHOCK YOU!) EVERY PHOTO AVAILABLE AS T-SHIRT AND MUG, SUBSCRIBE TO OUR 'HUGE GRIFTER SAYS HE INVESTIGATES' PATREON AND BUY OUR MERCHANDISE!")

Last edited:
Anyone know a source for Melinda Esquibel's film, "Vanished: The Tara Calico Story"? I found reference to it on IMDb:

I checked Amazon Prime and Netflix and there is no record. I know there is also a podcast, also by Esquibel, that is no longer available without a subscription but I was trying to find the two hour documentary.

That photo was disproven as a hoax decades ago. There is nothing in any news release in regards to Tara Calico (or her case file) about that pic. Please do not believe anything you watch on Unsolved Mysteries.
I am just so confused because the photo of the woman and young boy are still on the Doe Network and other places. As far as I know the woman and the young boy have not been identified. I can't let go of this until I know these people are actually safe. Does anyone have sources showing this was proven as a hoax?

Also, I really don't think the young woman looks like Tara Calico to me. She resembles her, but to me it is clearly not her in that photo with the young boy.

I see your point, Charles, but that van photo is IMO so bogus that it was never even slightly credible. Look at the supposed bonds on the young woman--clearly faked IMO. I'd call it a non-issue; the photo was a joke or a hoax IMO and it doesn't matter--again, my opinion. Bad taste, sure, but meaningless. --ken
This theory does make sense to me, but why hasn't anyone come forward to claim the photos after all this time? I apperciate that they may be embarrassed, but I would think either of the people in the photos could contact the Doe Network and ask for the post to be taken down, for example.

Edit: WHOOPS! On Doe Network it says this is "solved" so I am guessing the people in the photos came forward privately. This picture has disturbed me for years, and I finally feel a sense of relief, as I am now convinced that the people in the photo did come forward privately. The V.C Andrews book makes me feel like this was a joke. Obviously a horrible joke.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

I am just so confused because the photo of the woman and young boy are still on the Doe Network and other places. As far as I know the woman and the young boy have not been identified. I can't let go of this until I know these people are actually safe. Does anyone have sources showing this was proven as a hoax?

Also, I really don't think the young woman looks like Tara Calico to me. She resembles her, but to me it is clearly not her in that photo with the young boy.
Unsure about the boy, but I have heard that the women in the photo was identified in the 90s at a Flea Market in Florida, and was briefly questioned by Police about it.

Anyone else see this? Sorry if this has been posted.

"Law enforcement believes there is enough evidence to submit the investigation to the district attorney's office for review of potential charges."

Re: this TC case - I never thought the so-called "announcement" really meant that anything substantive would be revealed....so am not at all surprised that nothing has come of this. Obviously, it would have been better to have said nothing in this case. Pointless & ridiculous.

Re: this TC case - I never thought the so-called "announcement" really meant that anything substantive would be revealed....so am not at all surprised that nothing has come of this. Obviously, it would have been better to have said nothing in this case. Pointless & ridiculous.
Felt more like an effort to shake the tree, so to speak. Get some tongues wagging, see how potential suspects react to the "news". Time will tell if it worked.

Exactly thank you. Thats what i'm saying also. It feels like a teaser to a movie that will never be released while we get no explanation as to why. Its insulting to our intelligence.

Frankly it pisses me off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back