NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After watching Keener's final hour of the prosecution's closing, all I can say is that I wish she had been 1st chair all the way through this trial. Thank you CJ for putting it on here in it's completion--even though we didn't miss but a couple of minutes yesterday I was dying to hear how she wrapped it up. She was terrific.

I can not agree more. I mean we saw it all through the trial whenever Ms. Keener had a witness she was so effective and good with them. I was so glad to see the closing in completion because IMO that last couple of minutes with the note was incredibly effective in getting the states case across that note was not a suicide note and the way Ms. Keener explained it was amazing and really sealed it for me.

:tyou: All for the detailed updates and comments. Just read through about 600 posts to catch up.

I got sucked into Zimmerman but thankfully that is over.
Nice to be back where everyone is pretty much in agreement.
Looks like I am just in time too, hopefully this jury has their *stuff* together and we get to see loverboy make his way into a nice new home with lots of potential new "friends"! *SIGH* except being an Ex-LE he will probably be in protective custody, oh well, still no more skirt chasing for HIM! :please:

ETA- I will sorely miss "white shoe days" though :floorlaugh:

:tyou: All for the detailed updates and comments. Just read through about 600 posts to catch up.

I got sucked into Zimmerman but thankfully that is over.
Nice to be back where everyone is pretty much in agreement.
Looks like I am just in time too, hopefully this jury has their *stuff* together and we get to see loverboy make his way into a nice new home with lots of potential new "friends"! *SIGH* except being an Ex-LE he will probably be in protective custody, oh well, still no more skirt chasing for HIM! :please:

ETA- I will sorely miss "white shoe days" though :floorlaugh:

I, too, am so very glad the Zimmerman case is over.
I am amazed that you read 600 posts to catch up--I'm impressed! It's been a wacky trial, with wacky people, and when it's over I'll be happy to get back into a normal trial setting. We should have known the first day we saw Serna's white shoes that *he* was going to be anything but normal :)

I am amazed that you read 600 posts to catch up--I'm impressed! It's been a wacky trial, with wacky people, and when it's over I'll be happy to get back into a normal trial setting. We should have known the first day we saw Serna's white shoes that *he* was going to be anything but normal :)

I was thinking the same thing I am glad that Zimmeman case is over too and amazed that Nymeria read 600 posts to catch up. Serena and the white shoes did set the tone for the defense.

I was thinking the same thing I am glad that Zimmeman case is over too and amazed that Nymeria read 600 posts to catch up. Serena and the white shoes did set the tone for the defense.

CJ, thanks for posting the YT with the end of Ms. Keener's close that we missed, I watched the whole thing through and now feel very ready for deliberations to begin tomorrow.

The one thing I'll say about the other case (aside from also being glad it's finished) is I was impressed that the judge let the jurors go on as long as they wanted to reach their decision, with as long as trials are taking these days it was good to see a jury working hard until they were done.

I sooooooo hope the jury members don't find out about this. This could cause a mistrial IMO

O.M.G!!!! Chavez crime family indeed! Seems obvious where LC got the idea how to murder his wife, straight from his uncle Robert Chavez who got away with murder twice, it seems.
I do not believe the Chavez men have all just "coincidentally" been accused, fired, and now standing trial, for any other reason than they really are thieves and murderers.

I am having a very hard time finding complete recordings of each day of trial...youtube brings me a ton of news reports scattered with complete days here and there. It is driving me nuts.

I am having a very hard time finding complete recordings of each day of trial...youtube brings me a ton of news reports scattered with complete days here and there. It is driving me nuts.

I have looked everywhere. KOAT 7 that streamed the trial each day did not post any uninterrupted video from each day. What I found was from the ABQJournal but they do not have each day and then there is a bit of recorded testimony from a YouTube channel called TheTawniDilly. If you do find more please let us know.

I have looked everywhere. KOAT 7 that streamed the trial each day did not post any uninterrupted video from each day. What I found was from the ABQJournal but they do not have each day and then there is a bit of recorded testimony from a YouTube channel called TheTawniDilly. If you do find more please let us know.

You found all I found. Looking for uncut of the girlfriends, uncut everything. Sigh grrrr

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm betting that the defense is going to want a jury pole to find out if any jurors read the article posted in the news about the Chavez family and their reputed crimes and the suicides associated.
I'm pretty pizzed off that this newspaper decided to print this Now.

This is all old news. Why couldn't they have printed this at the beginning of this trial?
I would not be surprised if the defense team is somehow involved here.

Could the prosecutors have known about this and dismissed this info as irrelevant? Yes, and the judge agreed-but there it is out for the public and quite possibly the jurors to read.

As this judge is bending over so FAR for the defense
I see him agreeing on a mistrial.

Then, for the next who knows how many more years-Levi can continue his life with his new wife and continue to keep his children away from their Grandparents.

I sincerely hope that I am 100% wrong!

With all due respect with today's social media and the way and when we get news is so different then even a few years ago this is an ongoing issue for every jury these days that is not sequestered. The jury is instructed not too search the web and all anyone it the court system and citizens can count on is that they take there civic duty very seriously and are honest. I mean the www can't shut down while a trial is happening somewhere. This case has been an ongoing tragedy for so many years and a big news story for the Albuquerque/ Los Lunas area since the day it happened because of all the elements it has gotten a lot of attention. None of the articles that I have seen are newly published except for the daily coverage or the trial which of course is expected. There has been links at the news papers, tv stations, local blogs, etc for all there coverage. The article that I posted was new to me but not newly posted, I went back through archives of the ABQJournal and found it.

With all due respect with today's social media and the way and when we get news is so different then even a few years ago this is an ongoing issue for every jury these days that is not sequestered. The jury is instructed not too search the web and all anyone it the court system and citizens can count on is that they take there civic duty very seriously and are honest. I mean the www can't shut down while a trial is happening somewhere. This case has been an ongoing tragedy for so many years and a big news story for the Albuquerque/ Los Lunas area since the day it happened because of all the elements it has gotten a lot of attention. None of the articles that I have seen are newly published except for the daily coverage or the trial which of course is expected. There has been links at the news papers, tv stations, local blogs, etc for all there coverage. The article that I posted was new to me but not newly posted, I went back through archives of the ABQJournal and found it.

Bravo. As much as being sequestered might not be fun fun fun, I think it should be necessary.

:wave:

Hi everyone!

I see from the length of this thread, this case hasn't been followed too closely by a moderator. That would include me! :facepalm: Sorry 'bout that folks, we've had a couple of intense cases that have taken up an unusually large amount of moderator time.

Give me a few minutes and I'll set up a new thread and come back here with a link for you all to move over to. I will also take at least the posts from today during *verdict watch* so it will flow better.

Be back in a few minutes!

fran

Hi everyone!

I see from the length of this thread, this case hasn't been followed too closely by a moderator. That would include me! :facepalm: Sorry 'bout that folks, we've had a couple of intense cases that have taken up an unusually large amount of moderator time.

Give me a few minutes and I'll set up a new thread and come back here with a link for you all to move over to. I will also take at least the posts from today during *verdict watch* so it will flow better.

fran

I can't imagine how busy you mods have been lately. Was hoping you'd be able to drop in on this trial--you are my fav!! We have all behaved nicely and have actually bonded like sisters. A verdict watch thread will be nice, thank you Fran!

Hi everyone!

fran

Here's a link to the new thread. Please join the conversation there. I'll be transferring today's posts in a minute. I'll be locking this thread shortly.

Prayers for justice for Tera!

NM - Levi Chavez on trial for murder of his wife, Tera Chavez *VERDICT WATCH* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt.late
Back