NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol your lucky to be allowed to say anything like this especially on here. Usually members on here are shot down for not agreeing that GBC did this. At this stage i'm undecided with what happened and who did it or whoelse could have been involved. One reason is i wasn't there to see what happened, next reason is i'm not into judging people and next reason is because i'm not the judge (who would have all evidence) of what happened

Meh, no luck involved. Mainly just bare faced cheek. ;) I joined this conversation originally saying something along the lines of 'so everyone thinks he's guilty' or some such similar thing.
AFAIC, he's only guilty when he's convicted.

But it's sure suspicious.

WONDERWOMAN: IMO can't assume that. We just don't know about those people's part in all of this. The Police investigation is still going on I believe.

Thank you for your Post, Fuskier and for giving me an opportunity to clarify my previous Post 458 of this thread re. possible role of GBC's family members.

I am not saying that I assume any particular fact, I am just saying what I consider likely based on what we know. I am just saying that I think it is likely NBC and or EBC would have been motivated to assist GBC, based on what we know and parent/child relationship. As to how they might have assisted GBC, if at all, is something we do not have the facts on.

Agreed, he needs to be seen as the loving attentive husband. He knows damn well she won't pick up the phone (is there a record of him having rung it, repeatedly?) and sends these concerned messages to bolster his defence.

So why was he so stupid as to have 'allegedly Googled "self-incrimination" at 7.09am on April 20'? I can understand that the face-time call to NBC was done in the heat of the moment, when he may not have been thinking straight, but the self-incrimination/taking the fifth searches show him to be a douche of the first order, and a very dumb one at that.

Ms Adler.. there is no point in asking me why he is so stupid.. its been a conclusion that has never let me and has only been reinforced in quantum leaps as time goes by.. even I , committed cynic and proud snorter at the Gerards of this world have been sadly disappointed myself at my severe underestimation of the depth, length and width of stupidity this Gerard fellow can attain and still manage to draw oxygen.

Trooper, please consider my question as rhetorical. I had thought of mentioning the stupidity of the many who draw breath around us - it astounds me also.

Love your work!

Allison Sandy posting some new comments on the Courier Mail website shortly.

my son once fell and his nose bled -it went on for more than 20 minutes an unflappable teacher suggested I take him to hospital but one of the mums stopped it with a pressure point on his hand but oh my there was a lot of blood

Less if the person were dead or almost dead.

Gawd - I hope I didn't come across as martyr-ish! (oo, poor us, we're little bit hurt out here..) Nah, we were just doing what needed to be done, what most of u guys would have done in the situation. Once u have known these three gorgeous girls (and know that the access being provided to savory relatives was getting more and more restricted by the day) it was not a hard brain switch to flip. Simply 'right, what do we do til they're safe?'. But, yes it is huge relief now. No more mustard-colored Albatrosses around our necks now (to wreck Colleridge). Just feel so much for the Dickies plus H, S & E - a long, long road ahead.

Having acted all tough above, I will admit that I have had to get (shrink) help to make some sense of it all... Brain stuck on the horror, injustice, finality. Have become a bit hyper-vigilant etc. Anyhoo..

And u know what? This place has been a bit like (slightly wacky) therapy! Thanks for everyone - ur all pretty wonderful

Not at all! I just wanted to sincerely say thank you :) And people soldier on through tough stuff, I just wanted to encourage you all to take special care. I am so glad you reached out for "official" help, and aren't underestimating the impact of it. It sounds like the community is very caring and you will support each other emotionally. So glad the girls have good people around them. As adults when they look back at this horror they will remember what people did for them.

:Makara

Hello Dr. Watson and welcome. I've read quite a few of your posts on Robbo's site.

Appreciate the welcome, but there must be another Dr Watson - I'm not on any other site. I must admit I was somewhat surprised that the famous Sherlock Holmes' sidekick's name was available on a forum of sleuths.... so I grabbed it :)

OK - I'm not ignoring youse lot, but I have to go and do other "stuff" for a while now.

Thanks for the welcome (and the PMs) and I guess a couple of you at least may have an idea who I may be - but I'm no phantom living under a bridge ;) LOL :)

PS: I wonder why the QPS released those photos of the alleged blood in the car? Wouldn't that be seen to be prejudicial to a potential jury? If they're playing cards close to their chest on so many other things - why have those pictures appeared, and why now?......

lol your lucky to be allowed to say anything like this especially on here. Usually members on here are shot down for not agreeing that GBC did this. At this stage i'm undecided with what happened and who did it or whoelse could have been involved. One reason is i wasn't there to see what happened, next reason is i'm not into judging people and next reason is because i'm not the judge (who would have all evidence) of what happened

I understood that post to be facetious, like joking.

First post on here, but have been reading most of the threads since the event itself.

Several points to make, if you will indulge me:

1. There are an awful lot of "What if..." scenarios that get suggested, and which then almost take on a life of their own. But most of them are pure supposition. Yes, we all love to speculate, but some of the more outlandish ones are just that - outlandish. I mean - blowing up a random photo, taken from a video, and trying to read things into a skin line as to whether or not it is a scratch or a welt or just a skin crease.... We have to assume that the QPS would have seen anything like that right from day 1.

2. All the rumours about missing hands, and various other body parts - I've heard all sorts of explanations, suppositions, and theories. I've also heard them locally - I live only a short distance from the house in Brookfield - and the rumours and scuttlebutt are just as active here in the community of real life as they are in the online communities.

3. While several people have pointed out that GBC is innocent until proven guilty, it would seem that many in here have him marked as guilty with NO presumption of innocence at all. A lot of comments have been made that are quite derogatory, and that could be construed as prejudgement. It would make a juror's task all the more difficult if he or she had read any of these threads. This includes all the comments about his presumed psychological profile and character type - most of those being from people who have never met him.

4. An amazing amount of innuendo (that's not an Italian suppository, by the way) has been written based on perceptions of how certain people spoke, behaved, walked, stood, what clothes they wore, or whatever. Hardly scientific evidence...

5. Many holes in arguments and contradictions have been overlooked.

- just because GBC's iPhone shows calls, Google searches, etc - it still has to be proved that it was HIM that did them. And that would not be easy to prove. What's to say that it wasn't somebody else, such as one of the kids, Allison herself, or somebody completely different? Unlikely? Sure. But impossible? Nope.

- the alleged blood in the car as opposed to the defence claim that there were no injuries apart from a chipped tooth. That has yet to be explained, and there will be details from the autopsy that we do not yet know.

- tossing somebody off a bridge, especially one that high, would almost certainly result in a broken bone or three. We don't know if any were detected at autopsy. On the other hand, if she were either buried, or otherwise hidden in the bush up near the scout camp, then washed down the creek during the very heavy rainfall we had over that weekend, there may be NO broken bones. And the body would have "hung up" on the outer radius bank, where it was found, possibly by roots, or other snags. A few more metres and she would have been out in the main stream of the Brisbane River. I know the area well.

- the person who allegedly gave details of seeing the car in the driveway at night, with "four doors open" or "something being loaded in the back" I find hard to credit. I drive past there several times a day, and it is so well hidden, set back off the road, and just before the crest of a hill if heading outbound that one's eyes need to be on the road. Yes, I can cast a VERY quick glance up the driveway, but the view lasts all of about half a second if that.

There are several other theories that have been aired on here, which certainly make for interesting reading. But I wonder if anyone has actually stopped to wonder if there just MAY be other possibilities? I agree that things do not look good for GBC. I agree that the phone records may be quite damning - but it still has to be proved that it was him.

Just to state my own credentials here, so you can take my comments in perspective - I have certain professional qualifications that the mods are aware of, particularly in the areas of medical, scientific, forensic, and anatomical knowledge. I have also been involved in several murder cases (and attempted murder) in two completely separate capacities: (a) a material witness - i.e. a witness to facts only, where I have been involved in the case in my professional capacity, and (b) as an expert witness. This latter category is the only witness category where you testify an opinion in addition to facts.

While I enjoy speculating as much as everyone else in here, I do think that some of the flights of fancy get a bit carried away, and particularly now that the case is before the courts, we need to be very careful about what is suggested, even if it is "covered" by "my opinion only" etc.

I also think that given the expertise in here, particularly in regard to the ability to suggest scenarios, then shouldn't we also be wondering if somehow there could be other answers?

I am not a friend or supporter of GBC, although we have had family dealings with him and his business regarding a couple of house rentals. But I am not suggesting that he IS innocent - all I'm saying is that too many in here have already got the solution all cut and dried. Minds should be kept open, and inquiring. Let's see what the evidence is as it comes to light, but in the meantime, is it just possible that the entire thing may not be quite what it seems?

Apologies for the long-winded first post. It's the accumulation of a lot of lurking and reading, but only just having got my credentials verified with the mods.

Welcome! ... and thank you! I agree with some of your points, however it is very difficult to keep an open mind when all we know and what has been revealed at the Bail Application Hearing, points to one person and one person only (as the main perpetrator). This individual had plenty of motive, perfect opportunity and we still need to find out about the means (method). The individual was the last one to see her alive. The individual has lied to police. The individual appears to have been uncooperative with police. The individual showed zero (genuine) emotions and went on about "business as usual".

But, it is great to have someone from the medical profession contributing to this forum.

Such a busy man, Gerard... googling the fifth amendment, for what purpose , one can only roll ones eyes at, googling self incriminating behaviour, AND texting Allison.. getting the kids up, checking the weather, remembering to be Bruce every now and then.. my goodness me.

and what a mistake that was.. he texts, because there is no chance of her answering if he rings voice..

Trooper, I thought it was the fifth commandment. "Thou shall not kill" (Catholic Bible) or "Honour thy father and mother". I had to google the fifth amendment to know what this was all about. Not a term I was familiar with.

"Notwithstanding the scrutiny, the suggestion of me being the prime suspect and the widespread nationwide speculation throughout the community and in the press I remained prioritising the care and support of my children endeavouring to provide stability and structure in an extraordinarily difficult time," the document read.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lice-allege-20120626-2102n.html#ixzz1ytD4ThLL

This was interesting to me. One of the things I have read and I will link to says that in such cases where the husband has murdered the wife, that the focus is on themself such as " I have to look after the children." etc There were just a few things that struck a cord in the similarities here if GBC did in fact do as alleged.

WARNING, Graphic details included, not for the feint of heart or squeamish.

http://www.albany.edu/scj/jcjpc/vol15is1/Lewis.pdf

Yes correct,

Detective Sergeant Roddick said:

"They do not know what was said (on that call) as it is not a conventional call, I have previously asked (NBC) for a further interview and statement to obtain further details relevant to the investigation; however, he has declined my requests."

Like father like son???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lBKzAcNZkAQ

BERRY!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!! We missed you!!!! :loveyou:

Well the obvious thing that springs to mind would be a scalp laceration - they can bleed like a fountain - or some other open wound - but as I haven't seen the news footage and the distribution of the stain, I can't be any more specific than that.

However, I'm still not sure how that ties in with the defence claims of the only injury being a chipped tooth.

Either the defence is telling porkies and trying it on for size, or the blood stain is from some time previously. Or not Allison's.

The two conflicting apparent facts just don't fit together. We really need more info from the autopsy.

I think GBC almost certainly is the guilty party, although incredibly stupid if he was.

I think there may also be some not so cut and dried aspects to the case, which may be why it took the QPS 8 weeks to make the arrest.

Ah so you are a surgeon?? Thank you for that. I agree we need more info than what is available we seem to have exhausted many options and come to some reasonably justifiable conclusions. IMO

Mothergoose
I understand where YOU are coming from. I know that there have been times when anyone suggesting that it was not GBC they were suspecting that we as a group came down on them somewhat. I think the the arrest and the subsequent evidence speak for themselves.
This is not my issue with Dr Watson. My issue is that it is easy to come out and say you are verified and subsequently only pose questions not any views or open up the forum to their own thinking. I await the confirmation of Dr Watson as a verified poster. Regardless, I think that the reason this forum exists is that people can throw ideas around. Posters who only say this is wrong or that is an issue without sharing (in the anonymity of the forum) where they are coming from are IMO always a bit suspect. Not necessarily as GBC supporters but as to their rational for being here. I feel that it is within my right to question that. I don't mean anything bad, nut as my name goes, I want logic not subterfuge!!

Thank you for your comments but I was in no way referring to your right to question Dr. Watson or anyone else. I think questioning is what this is all about. I have simply noticed that those who have an open mind to other possibilities (while knowing the evidence against GBC is compelling) are questioned with a flavor of either ridicule and or annoyance ,even when the points they are raising in some instances offer plausible scenarios.I wasn't even thinking of your post when I wrote it. No offence intended.:moo:Moo

I remember the post, it was a friend of the poster who supposedly saw this. The poster said her friend had contacted the police and reported it to them. The poster was criticised by someone who said you wouldn't be able to see a car up the driveway because of a tree/bush that would have been in the way. The original poster didn't go on with the story. I have been past the house a few times, and I can tell you that a car and persons at the car, could well be visible from the roadway.

You can see a car depending on where the car is in the driveway, as the carport is to the right but driving past that place, it is blink and you miss it. The house comes up quick on that road and because of the bushes acting as a screen along the front fence line, you really only see the view straight down the driveway as you go past. The bushes hide the front garden so it is quite secluded IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny