OK Norman, OK spate of missing juveniles

beavt

Reaction score
Looking on NamUs and noticed a disturbing pattern of recent missing juveniles in Norman, OK wherein they describe last known clothing worn as orange top, and/or orange pants, and/or orange slides. This is attire normally associated with persons having been jailed/booked/detained. Is someone laying in wait when these kids are being released and abducting them?

Interesting. Would juveniles need to be released from a facility to the custody of an adult, though?

Could some be part of a group (nice way to put it) and something harmful is taking place? (Hopefully not!)

Here is a list of juveniles missing from Norman over the past few months as listed in NamUs:

Oct. 17, 2023: MP112004, initials MJ, 16-y.o. Male, no clothing description

Oct. 13, 2023: MP112003, initials KE, 17- y.o. Male, wearing black hoodie and black sweatpants

Oct. 5, 2023:
MP110688, initials AAM, 17- y.o. Male, wearing black hoodie, orange pants, slippers

Oct. 4, 2023:
MP112002, initials DU, 15-y.o. Male, wearing orange top, orange bottom, slides

Sep. 29, 2023:
MP112001, initials JBD,
15.y.o. Male, no clothing description

Sept. 28, 2023:
MP111068, initials SJK,
15-y.o. Male, no clothing description

September 24, 2023:
MP111998, initials NAM,
19-y.o. Female, No clothing description

Aug 9, 2023:
MP107735, MJ, 15-y.o. Male, wearing Orange shirt and either orange shorts or orange pants.

Aug 1, 2023:
MP107733, NLS, 15-y.o. Female, no clothing description

I am pretty sure they are not released from jail in those orange uniforms. You leave them there and change into your own clothes when you are leaving.

Strangely enough, I have seen people online saying that some 'fashion trends' like slides, and wearing jeans below the rear end, are based upon jail attire. Like it's cool to wear the same thing inmates wear to give street cred?

Are kids wearing orange scrubs as a fashion statement in 2023? :oops:

Interesting. Would juveniles need to be released from a facility to the custody of an adult, though?

Could some be part of a group (nice way to put it) and something harmful is taking place? (Hopefully not!)

Here is a list of juveniles missing from Norman over the past few months as listed in NamUs:

Oct. 17, 2023: MP112004, initials MJ, 16-y.o. Male, no clothing description

Oct. 13, 2023: MP112003, initials KE, 17- y.o. Male, wearing black hoodie and black sweatpants

Oct. 5, 2023:
MP110688, initials AAM, 17- y.o. Male, wearing black hoodie, orange pants, slippers

Oct. 4, 2023:
MP112002, initials DU, 15-y.o. Male, wearing orange top, orange bottom, slides

Sep. 29, 2023:
MP112001, initials JBD,
15.y.o. Male, no clothing description

Sept. 28, 2023:
MP111068, initials SJK,
15-y.o. Male, no clothing description

September 24, 2023:
MP111998, initials NAM,
19-y.o. Female, No clothing description

Aug 9, 2023:
MP107735, MJ, 15-y.o. Male, wearing Orange shirt and either orange shorts or orange pants.

Aug 1, 2023:
MP107733, NLS, 15-y.o. Female, no clothing description
I have no clue about what apparel they’re allowed to be released in. Or if they’d even previously been detained. But something seems off with the back to back disappearances. None have photos and there is scant to zero information about each one. Nor can I find any family on FB posting about any of these kids. Hopefully there’s a happier explanation than where my thoughts are going

Norman High School seems to have a 'Tiger' as
its motif/logo, 'Norman Tigers varsity football',
basketball, baseball same,
heck, even;
ergo, teenage juveniles wearing color orange/ish may
not be unusual in this 3rd most populous city in OK.

Last edited:
I have no clue about what apparel they’re allowed to be released in. Or if they’d even previously been detained. But something seems off with the back to back disappearances. None have photos and there is scant to zero information about each one. Nor can I find any family on FB posting about any of these kids. Hopefully there’s a happier explanation than where my thoughts are going

Something seems off, I agree, but I'm not sure what.

I wonder if the lack of photos is because LE there has decided not to include photos in the NamUs profiles, to protect their privacy as minors?

The lack of details could be similar -- a conscious decision by LE -- or they just don't bother to include more details?

Maybe some of the teens could be "running away" from group homes?

IDK but it is a sad situation, so many teens disappearing and not showing back up within a few days. Does anyone here live in Norman and have any thoughts?

Norman High School seems to have a 'Tiger' as
its motif/logo, 'Norman Tigers varsity football',
basketball, baseball same,
heck, even;
ergo, teenage juveniles wearing color orange/ish may
not be unusual in this 3rd most populous city in OK.
But that many missing juveniles between June 2022 through November 2023 is concerning! A quick NamUs search of similar ages (13-19) using the same date parameters for the entire state of Massachusetts (Louisiana as well) yields less than a quarter of the missing in Norman alone.

Something seems off, I agree, but I'm not sure what.

I wonder if the lack of photos is because LE there has decided not to include photos in the NamUs profiles, to protect their privacy as minors?

The lack of details could be similar -- a conscious decision by LE -- or they just don't bother to include more details?

Maybe some of the teens could be "running away" from group homes?

IDK but it is a sad situation, so many teens disappearing and not showing back up within a few days. Does anyone here live in Norman and have any thoughts?
Yes, it seems as if they might be eloping from group home situations. In which case, the state would certainly be able to provide a photo I’d think.

These could be kids lost in the foster system that they track down and get a big headline in the news. But no individual children are named because they weren't 'missing and kidnapped.' DHS just lost track of them.

I am pretty sure they are not released from jail in those orange uniforms. You leave them there and change into your own clothes when you are leaving.

Strangely enough, I have seen people online saying that some 'fashion trends' like slides, and wearing jeans below the rear end, are based upon jail attire. Like it's cool to wear the same thing inmates wear to give street cred?

Are kids wearing orange scrubs as a fashion statement in 2023? :oops:
I had not heard that wearing their pants below the rear end was based on jail attire. I've always found that style strange since pants like that would make it hard to run or jump a fence if chased. What I do know is that "fashion" statement started at least 45 yrs ago which was the first time I saw it. 2 guys walking in front of me, pants loooow, I was starring trying to understand why someone would want to wear them like that, then one guy's pants slid to his ankles. He bent over and pulled them back "up"(ish) into place (low). I honestly didn't think that "fashion" would last as long as it's been. Looks like it's here to stay if it's been close to a half century since I noticed, maybe longer in some places.

Orange no longer seems strange to me for youths in the Normal area.

The University of Oklahoma is a comprehensive research university, located on three campuses in Norman, Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

and...

I wonder if this case is connected, it sounds like she was in her 30s tho

Orange no longer seems strange to me for youths in the Normal area.

The University of Oklahoma is a comprehensive research university, located on three campuses in Norman, Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

and...

Orange is the color for Oklahoma State University Cowboys and apparently the Norman High School Tigers.

These could be kids lost in the foster system that they track down and get a big headline in the news. But no individual children are named because they weren't 'missing and kidnapped.' DHS just lost track of them.

Would they know what some of them were wearing in that case, though?

Wouldn't they know which foster home was looking after the teenager? Or do you mean they suspect they ran from foster homes to be with biological relatives?

Would they know what some of them were wearing in that case, though?

Wouldn't they know which foster home was looking after the teenager? Or do you mean they suspect they ran from foster homes to be with biological relatives?
Sometimes they age out or leave to go home with family members or out on their own. Usually, it's accompanied by a statement from state DHS about they don't have staff or budget to keep track of all of them. I am sure some are in dire straits somewhere, but mostly they have left to live elsewhere. Whether it's a good situation or not.

Last edited:
Could be an 'insider' recruiting for drugrunning, sex trafficking or terrorist group -- would be interesting to learn their 'last seen at' locations.

*Here’s a guy pictured in orange

* one from a few years earlier with a notation. So I guess if a group leaves the home they would report them around the same time to NAMUS

On 9-13-2021 around 1930 hours Jeffrey along with three other juveniles left the group home they had been assigned.~~All three are entered NCIC.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark