North Korea carries out biggest nuclear test

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kim Jong-un is not running the show, he's basically a figurehead. It's the experienced military brass behind the scenes that have the power. I think it's a mistake to view this as the actions of a crazy dictator, I'm sure our military intelligence doesn't look at it that way. This is a calculated response to new sanctions and the US/South Korea joint military exercises. It's the only way North Korea can push back against sanctions. As sanctions ratchet up, so does the North's bluster.

It's a very delicate situation, in a big part because South Korea is so vulnerable to attack if war broke out and because China likes North Korea as it is (although China doesn't like NK's new belligerency). China sees NK as a strategic block against US power in the region. Any war with NK would risk drawing China in, which would not be good at all. China is also afraid of a refugee crisis if the NK population fled the country into China to escape war.

Agree. KJU is a huge fan of western ways...(Dennis Rodman is his buddy fgs). The old timers run the show--and I don't think they like him very much.
Makes for a very volatile situation Imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorimae1980
Back