North Korean leader Kim Jong dies on train

http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

Sorry - I'm glad the murderous is dead, but this is pretty interesting.

That is super funny. Yes, dear leader must inspect everything that is produced. Note the looks on the people's faces: "Do you approve of our soft drink? Do you like our pretty sausages? Can you just drop dead so I can actually EAT some of this food?"

It's really rather pathetic.

And here's a rude question: How long does it take to breed the ugly out? He and his father had any number of beautiful women to choose from, yet Il and his rotund son are two of the ugliest creatures I have ever seen. How many generations will it take of such creatures breeding with lovely flowers before any trace of their hideousness disappears? :innocent:

My concern is N. Korea has nuclear capability. They also have intercontinental ballistic missile capabilities (probably scuds).

I'm concerned about that because Un, (Kim Jong Un) has little to no discernible military experience for leading his country and his country is military heavy. But, there are military leaders that have been in charge of the military since at least Kim Jong Il took over from his Father (Kim Jong Sung). Possibly even during his Grandfather's regime and those military leaders may not be accepting to take orders from a young and inexperienced leader. So for this reason I see N. Korea as very unstable at this time. But unstable doesn't mean leaning towards democracy. I don't see that at all.

All of the above concerns me most because of Un's inexperience that there could possibly be a coup. Possibly. If not, this could be a very bad regime and if there is could potentially be worse.

That is super funny. Yes, dear leader must inspect everything that is produced. Note the looks on the people's faces: "Do you approve of our soft drink? Do you like our pretty sausages? Can you just drop dead so I can actually EAT some of this food?"

It's really rather pathetic.

And here's a rude question: How long does it take to breed the ugly out? He and his father had any number of beautiful women to choose from, yet Il and his rotund son are two of the ugliest creatures I have ever seen. How many generations will it take of such creatures breeding with lovely flowers before any trace of their hideousness disappears? :innocent:

You can't breed out that kind of ugly!

At least he didn't hand over the reigns to his other son, Menta Li Il.

In Kim’s Undetected Death, Sign of Nation’s Opacity (New York Times)
WASHINGTON — Kim Jong-il, the enigmatic North Korean leader, died on a train at 8:30 a.m. Saturday in his country. Forty-eight hours later, officials in South Korea still did not know anything about it — to say nothing of Washington, where the State Department acknowledged “press reporting” of Mr. Kim’s death well after North Korean state media had already announced it.

For South Korean and American intelligence services to have failed to pick up any clues to this momentous development — panicked phone calls between government officials, say, or soldiers massing around Mr. Kim’s train — attests to the secretive nature of North Korea, a country not only at odds with most of the world but also sealed off from it in a way that defies spies or satellites.
---
the rest - lengthy article - at link above

Interesting that at the end of the videos that gitana posted, the people that are interviewed say the same exact thing. Changing their sorrow into strength and courage. Sounds like someone was told exactly what to say.

This country scares me the most of all.

I also did not see a lot of tears in these videos. Just a whole lot of hysterical wailing.

It is scary that this is happening at this time in the world. I feel for the people of North Korea. There is a video on Netflix, National Geographic: Inside North Korea. Scary stuff.

I saw him lying in state. He was in a glass coffin. Cinderella he is not. While most of the world is trying to come to some kind of peaceful treaty he continued to invest into long range missiles. I hope his people take this chance to rise up like Egypt, Libya and other countries around the globe, and get rid dictatorship.

I saw him lying in state. He was in a glass coffin. Cinderella he is not. While most of the world is trying to come to some kind of peaceful treaty he continued to invest into long range missiles. I hope his people take this chance to rise up like Egypt, Libya and other countries around the globe, and get rid dictatorship.

I hope so too. Un is clearly afraid of that. His first official act as leader was to order all the military to cease training exercises and return to their bases:
The source called it a sign that Kim Jong Il's son, believed to be in his late 20s, had taken "complete control over the military," Yonhap reported.
An intelligence official said North Korea may be trying to prevent attempted defections as the country goes through a tumultuous transition, the report said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/21/world/asia/north-korea-leader/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He's in hell right now, listening to a bad cover version of Guns N' Roses's "Welcome to the Jong-Il."

wow you just ruined that song for me for LIFE.

:floorlaugh:

gitana: thank you for the links & videos, I've spent a very strange day here reading/watching them.

wow you just ruined that song for me for LIFE.

:floorlaugh:

gitana: thank you for the links & videos, I've spent a very strange day here reading/watching them.

Oh good, you found them! I hope you watched the Lisa Ling one. That was really good. And rent Red Chapel is you have netflix. Talk about bizarre, and scary!

I had the amazing opportunity to visit North Korea in 2008. It was a surreal experience. It was very much orchestrated and controlled. We were shown the things, places and people that served the purpose of emphasizing the image of a happy and healthy populace. It felt eerily like being in the twilight zone where everything is fake and robotic. We ventured a bit out of Pyongyang into the countryside where we saw antiquainted equipment in the fields and people plowing with oxen. Those I was traveling with commented that North Korea looked like eastern Europe before the fall.

My impression from spending 7 days in the DPRK is that the people are so programmed from childhood into this culture they have no idea how ill their country is. That is in contrast with what I observed in Libya in 2005. Even with Gaddafi in power at that time, the people of Libya had much more ability to think freely, even if they could not act on those thoughts until recently. I have thought about and prayed for the Libyans I met, who seemed so much like myself, ever since that time, and certainly since the overthrow. The North Koreans I met had smiles on their faces but a hollow and empty persona, like a movie facade. They were cordial, but as if following a script. I do not see an uprising in North Korea happening the likes of which we have seen in the Arab Spring. The more things change, the more they unfortunately will stay the same I sadly believe.

Thank you so much gitana1 for the videos. I have been watching them over my Christmas vacation. My best friend is currently in South Korea so I'm paying close attention to what is going on in North Korea.

Har har har!

:snooty: I suppose you think you can do better?

Go for it!!!
neener.gif

Japan urges China to help keep North Korea in check

(Reuters) - Japan urged China on Monday to shoulder a big role in ensuring North Korea avoids volatility after the death of its leader, Kim Jong-il.

Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda also urged Chinese President Hu Jintao to share information about developments in North Korea, where the succession of Kim's youngest son, Kim Jong-un, has fanned speculation about who will really control the secretive one-party state and its nuclear program.

more at link

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/26/us-china-japan-korea-idUSTRE7BO07S20111226

This is a documentary from 1996 but it shows quite clearly the control over the people for decades and gives us an explaination of how and why their reaction to the death of Jong was so hysterical-as it was also for his father in '94.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6E3cShcVU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back