Norway Norway - Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik, 68, kidnapped, cryptocurrency ransom demanded, Oslo, 31 Oct 2018

May 8 2020 rbbm
Missing millionaire’s wife: Police arrest suspects
''Now we’re getting one after the other. In the case of missing millionaire wife Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, there is another arrest. The Norwegian police arrested a man.

The police said on Friday that the man between the ages of 30 and 40 was accused of killing the woman or being involved in the killing. Hagen’s 70-year-old husband Tom Hagen had been arrested and detained last week under the same suspicion. Norwegian courts are currently struggling over whether he should be released from custody or not.

The suspect now arrested has a relationship with Tom Hagen, police say. He is therefore familiar with IT tools and cryptocurrencies – this is important because after the woman’s disappearance on October 31, 2018, a ransom note in a cryptocurrency appeared in the Hagens’ house.''

Tom Hagen released
Tom Hagen, however, remains charged in the case, police say in a press release (google translation).
Tom Hagen er løsladt

thanks for posting this. when i read through this thread yesterday, this news wasn't here. i searched for a link, bc i just knew i had read in swedish news that he had been released, but couldn't find it again and thought i was going nuts.

What happened to Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen?

According to Norwegian business magazine Kapital, Hagen’s fortune is about 1.9bn kroner (£150m), making him Norway’s 164th richest man.

...The paper adds that a pre-nuptial agreement made in 1987 shows that Falkevik Hagen was entitled to just “£15,000 of his £156m fortune along with a plot of land and a Citroen car if the couple divorced”.

...However, the contract may not have stood up in court, with lawyers telling the paper that the “agreement was so lopsided it might have been ‘ripped apart’”.

“I have seen many marriages through my practice, but rarely seen a marriage that appears so unbalanced,” one lawyer said. Another added: “If she had tried to challenge this marriage agreement as part of a request for divorce, her husband would have been ripped apart by a court.”

With all that money and resource, you’ve got to be a special kind of greedy to draw up this sort of prenuptial and stick to it. Earlier news articles suggest they were unhappy in their marriage. The anticipated collapse of the prenup if they were to separate certainly goes to motive, but often with (suspected) killings like this it is a momentary fit of rage followed by a cleanup/coverup.

The exact nature of the relationship between Hagen and the other man arrested is of most interest to me right now - was he Hagen’s “cleaner” or confidante or something else?

Tom Hagens forsvarer anmelder politiet

Translated to English:
Tom Hagen's defender reports the police
Tom Hagen's defender Svein Holden tells NRK that he has asked the Bureau of Investigation to investigate the police.
Holden believes that Hagen has been pre-convicted, and that confidential information has come out through leaks from the police, NRK reports .

Earlier this week, police inspector Gjermund Hanssen in the Eastern police district stated that they are extending the seizure of Hagen's home for another three months to carry out key investigative steps.

Holden has previously argued that the police search of the home is illegal, and he has announced that he therefore asked the police to submit the decision on seizure for judicial review in Nedre Romerike District Court.

What happened to Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen?

According to Norwegian business magazine Kapital, Hagen’s fortune is about 1.9bn kroner (£150m), making him Norway’s 164th richest man.

...The paper adds that a pre-nuptial agreement made in 1987 shows that Falkevik Hagen was entitled to just “£15,000 of his £156m fortune along with a plot of land and a Citroen car if the couple divorced”.

...However, the contract may not have stood up in court, with lawyers telling the paper that the “agreement was so lopsided it might have been ‘ripped apart’”.

“I have seen many marriages through my practice, but rarely seen a marriage that appears so unbalanced,” one lawyer said. Another added: “If she had tried to challenge this marriage agreement as part of a request for divorce, her husband would have been ripped apart by a court.”

With all that money and resource, you’ve got to be a special kind of greedy to draw up this sort of prenuptial and stick to it. Earlier news articles suggest they were unhappy in their marriage. The anticipated collapse of the prenup if they were to separate certainly goes to motive, but often with (suspected) killings like this it is a momentary fit of rage followed by a cleanup/coverup.

The exact nature of the relationship between Hagen and the other man arrested is of most interest to me right now - was he Hagen’s “cleaner” or confidante or something else?

<bbm>

That's a special kind of self-centered greed. Man, these jerks get me going!

anne-elisabeth-hagen.jpg

Netflix’s ‘The Lørenskog Disappearance’ follows the story of a strange disappearance that throws an entire country into shock. A woman named Anne-Elisabeth Hagen, in her late 60s, is abducted from her home with no sign of where she went and what happened to her. As the cops try to find the truth behind her disappearance, they have to struggle with their own preconceived notions and biases. Told from the perspective of police officers, journalists and lawyers involved in the case, the show presents all the facts to the viewers, but leaves them with an unanswered question. What happened to Anne-Elisabeth Hagen? Since the show was made some time ago, if you are wondering whether there has been any progress in the case, then here’s what you should know…

Wife of Norwegian millionaire missing, ransom demanded

The wife of a Norwegian multi-millionaire missing for 10 weeks is believed to have been kidnapped and a large ransom has been demanded for her release, local media reported on Wednesday (Jan 9).

Married to a businessman who made his fortune in real estate and the energy sector, 68-year-old Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik disappeared on Oct 31, the Verdens Gang (VG) newspaper said.
View attachment 163376
A ransom demand for nine million euros (S$13.99 million) in cryptocurrency has been issued for her release, VG said.

The kidnappers have threatened to use violence against her if her family does not meet their demands, Norway's newspaper of reference Aftenposten said, adding that there had been limited contact with the suspects.

Events like this are extremely rare in the wealthy Scandinavian country, which enjoys a generally low crime rate.

Norwegian police confirmed that "a woman in her late 60s is believed to have been kidnapped from her home in Lorenskog", around 20 kilometres from Oslo, but did not disclose her identity.

Police were scheduled to hold a press conference later on Wednesday.

The missing woman's husband, Mr Tom Hagen, 68, is Norway's 172nd richest man, according to the magazine Kapital, with an estimated fortune of 1.7 billion kroner (S$354.18 million).

The wife of one of the wealthiest in Norway has been away for ten weeks. In cryptocurrency ransom is required.

Dette er Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen

Fru till norsk miljardär tros ha kidnappats – krävs på nästan 100 miljoner
I just started watching the Netflix series about this case yesterday. I will come back when I've seen it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back