Norway Norway - Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik, 68, kidnapped, cryptocurrency ransom demanded, Oslo, 31 Oct 2018

Yes we have a thread for her ... I'll try and find it.

Norway: Tycoon’s wife likely killed, abduction may be fake | The Star
"June 26, 2019
COPENHAGEN - The wife of one of Norway’s richest men who was apparently abducted eight months ago might have been killed, police said Wednesday, adding they “cannot exclude a staged kidnapping to hide it.”

Authorities have been tight-lipped about the case of 69-year-old Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, who was last seen alive on Oct. 31. She’s the wife of Tom Hagen, a media-shy real estate investor and owner of an electric company.

It was believed she was kidnapped after a note was found in their house, east of Oslo, saying she would be killed if a ransom wasn’t paid. Norwegian media reported at the time that a ransom of 9 million euros ($10.2 million), to be paid in cryptocurrency, was demanded.

Chief police investigator Tommy Broeske said Wednesday that detectives have now changed their “main hypothesis” about the case because of the absence of any signs of Falkevik Hagen’s life or recent contact with the alleged kidnappers."

First, thankyou for accepting me into this group.. I follow several missing persons cases and have been following & reading your group threads for years. I've been following the Anne Elisabeth Hagen case since the beginning and researching several cryptocurrency companies in Oslo and found that due to the new taxes added because of the kidnapped wife's husband owning the shares in the power company one company might be closing down(Kryptovault) and another is losing alot of money. I wondered if the kidnapping had anything to do with this? Someone from one of the companies that was affected by her husband raising taxes on the power. Especially if that forced Kryptovault out of business. Could it be a revenge kidnapping? I wonder if LE has looked into this. Kryptovault and the other company, I can't remember the name, is blaming their loss of money directly to the new power taxes. I found all the articles about this on websites when I googled cryptocurrency companies Oslo, Norway after coming across the article of Krytovault considering shuttering it's doors. I follow alot of tech sites because my son is in the IT industry and Krytovault is big talk in the groups. I just thought that the 1st place LE might ought to look at is at all the companies affected the most by Anne's husband's new taxes. Especially the one the taxes have caused to probably go out of business. What do you guys think?
I do wonder if it is a genuine kidnap or has someone closer to home somehow engineered a situation to look like a kidnapping as it is very unusual for there to be no contact for further ransom at this stage. I find your post very informative and I thank you for it however, I don’t believe it has anything to do with this albeit it’s a great suggestion but I think in MOO , LE need to take a look closer to home . All JMOO

'Anne Elisabeth Hagen is still alive'

...... family had been in contact with the counterpart in July, and that the counterpart "clearly states that Anne-Elisabeth Hagen is alive".

- On Monday, July 8, the counterparty contacted us again. The contact deals with several issues. We can't go into the content in public, says Holden and informs that there are two things they want to make clear:

- Firstly, we perceive the inquiry as a clear and clear response to the message we communicated to the counterparty in mid-May. Secondly, it is clearly stated that Anne-Elisabeth Hagen is alive, but we have not received proof that it is correct, says Holden.

Confirms contact after July 8
Holden informs Dagbladet that they have had contact with the counterparty after the inquiry which came on July 8.

- Can you say something about the contact that has been after July 8? asks the newspaper's reporter.

- Nothing except that there has been clear communication. But I can't say anything more about the content of it, Holden tells Dagbladet.

Two weeks before the inquiry, the police held a press conference on the case. Holden cannot rule out that the press conference and the inquiry on July 8 may be related.

- There is nothing about the inquiry from July 8 which indicates that this is the case. But of course there can be a connection, even if this is not stated, says Holden.
Hevder Hagen er i live

'Anne Elisabeth Hagen is still alive'

...... family had been in contact with the counterpart in July, and that the counterpart "clearly states that Anne-Elisabeth Hagen is alive".

- On Monday, July 8, the counterparty contacted us again. The contact deals with several issues. We can't go into the content in public, says Holden and informs that there are two things they want to make clear:

- Firstly, we perceive the inquiry as a clear and clear response to the message we communicated to the counterparty in mid-May. Secondly, it is clearly stated that Anne-Elisabeth Hagen is alive, but we have not received proof that it is correct, says Holden.

Confirms contact after July 8
Holden informs Dagbladet that they have had contact with the counterparty after the inquiry which came on July 8.

- Can you say something about the contact that has been after July 8? asks the newspaper's reporter.

- Nothing except that there has been clear communication. But I can't say anything more about the content of it, Holden tells Dagbladet.

Two weeks before the inquiry, the police held a press conference on the case. Holden cannot rule out that the press conference and the inquiry on July 8 may be related.

- There is nothing about the inquiry from July 8 which indicates that this is the case. But of course there can be a connection, even if this is not stated, says Holden.
Hevder Hagen er i live

This makes no sense to me. Why would the kidnappers be so patient, making contact sporadically?
On the other hand, if it wasn't really a kidnapping, who is making contact with the family? Is it someone trying to take advantage of a bad situation- or someone hired to do it?

I hope this case will be solved.

Ransom kidnappers keeping someone alive for almost a year but barely demanding the payoff? Definitely fishy... I’m thinking someone thought it would be a good idea to get a call in July to continue weaving this ransom story..

Police shows shoe print size 45:
(Google translation)
The police therefore proceed with further information in the hope that this may lead to new clues.

Tommy Brøske then shows a photo of a print from a Sprox brand size 45 training shoe.

The imprint is made inside the house, and in such a way that the police believe it may come from an offender.

The Norwegian police therefore want everyone who has bought a shoe of the same brand in size 44, 45 or 46 since 2016 - and used cash - to contact them.
1304@40.jpg

1304@40.jpg

Polis håller presskonferens om Anne-Elisabeth Hagen

This makes no sense to me. Why would the kidnappers be so patient, making contact sporadically?
On the other hand, if it wasn't really a kidnapping, who is making contact with the family? Is it someone trying to take advantage of a bad situation- or someone hired to do it?

I hope this case will be solved.

Ransom kidnappers keeping someone alive for almost a year but barely demanding the payoff? Definitely fishy... I’m thinking someone thought it would be a good idea to get a call in July to continue weaving this ransom story..
Maybe we are missing something here ... Your observation is so funny, it is not possible. Think of all the work they have been doing to keep her alive, fed, clothed and housed! And not been paid for many months. Poor kidnappers, playing the long game.

Police press release via google translate:

Detention and charge in the Lørenskog case

The Eastern Police District has today arrested Tom Hagen, charged with murder or complicity in the murder of his wife, Anne-Elisabeth Hagen.

• Published today at 10.41 |
  • By: Eastern Police District |
  • News
After 18 months of extensive investigation, the police have now come to the point where we believe there is reasonable reason to suspect Tom Hagen of murder or complicity in the murder of Anne-Elisabeth Hagen.

As other hypotheses have gradually been weakened during the investigation, the basis of suspicion against Tom Hagen has, in the opinion of the police, been gradually strengthened.

It is important to emphasize that even though we have a charge, the case is still under investigation and there are several unanswered questions that the police will continue to work on. It will be particularly important to clarify Tom Hagen's role in the case, to find Anne-Elisabeth Hagen and to clarify if there are more people involved.

As the case first appeared, the main theory was that we were facing an abduction with financial motive. In June 2019, the main theory was changed to make her more likely to be killed.

We believe that no abduction has taken place, and that there has therefore never been a real negotiating counterpart. In other words, the police believe that the case is characterized by a clear, planned deception.

Tom Hagen will be remanded in custody for four weeks with letter and visitor bans. The request for imprisonment is justified by the danger of evidential misconduct.

Øst pd - Lørenskog

Another article - this one from CNN.

Tom Hagen, Norwegian tycoon, arrested on suspicion of wife's murder - CNN

Police say they now believe Anne-Elisabeth was killed and not abducted, and have enough evidence to "suspect" Tom of her killing.

"It is important to emphasize that although we have charged Tom Hagen, the case is still being investigated and there are several unanswered questions," Øst Police District said in a statement.

"It will be particularly important to clarify the role played by Tom Hagen, to find Anne-Elisabeth Hagen and to determine whether other people are involved."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plantsoverpeople
Back