GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

I didn't read this thread back when this event happened... but I came to it today after finishing the book "One of Us" by Anse Seierstad. For anyone interested in this case, I would highly recommend the book. I found it completely mesmerizing - the writing style was just so compelling, I could hardly put it down.

The book takes you into the mind and history of ABB, but goes far beyond ABB and puts this event into the social and political historical context in Norway. It is not like a boring history book at all. It almost reads like fiction. If only it were. But the author took great care to research all facts that she included.

Anders Behring Breivik, Norway murderer, wins human rights case
Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has won part of a human rights case against the Norwegian state.

The court upheld his claim that some of his treatment amounted to "inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment".

After the judgement, Breivik's lawyer, Oystein Storrvik, called for his solitary confinement to be repealed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36094575

[h=3]NEW REVELATIONS ABOUT BREIVIK'S CHILDHOOD:[/h] [h=1]Breivik was 'already damaged by the age of two'[/h]http://www.tv2.no/a/8241631/

Six years ago today.

Norway does not find peace.

Dezeen
https://www.dezeen.com/2017/06/26/n...011-terrorist-attack-utoya-architecture-news/

Plans to cut a "wound" into a Norwegian peninsula in memory of the victims of terrorist Anders Breivik have been abandoned following years of opposition from locals.

The Memory Wound memorial, by Swedish artist Jonas Dahlberg, was intended to commemorate the 77 people who died in the 22 July 2011 attacks, which centred on a Workers' Youth League summer camp on Utøya.

The memorial would have involved cutting a slit into the Sørbråten peninsula just across from the island, but the Norwegian government has announced it is scrapping the plans in response to a lawsuit from residents.

BBM

My personal experience with the Oslo and Utoya attacks was surreal.
First and foremost, I was shocked when I heard the news.
Then, shortly after, my mailbox pinged and I found an email with Breivik's Manifesto. To this day, I do not know how I came to qualify as one of Breivik's friend of friends. I have no ties to Norway, I am not a journalist, I do not publish under my own name (if at all).
The document was written as a .docx and at that time I was unable to read .docx due to my version of Windows. Oddly, I could read .docx documents on my gmail account. I forwarded the mail to gmail and read part of it.
I remember two things. First that these weren't the ramblings of a deluded mind - on the contrary. (I now know that he copy-pasted a lot from others.)
Second that he was so polite and user-friendly. For me, with my older version of Windows, .docx documents were rapidly becoming a pest, and then this horrible mass murderer wrote the clearest instructions for reading .docx documents.

Older versions such as Office XP do not support the docx format because it was not known when they were developed and sold. A simple way to read docx and xlsx files is to select one of the following options:

1. For Word XP or older versions – install the Microsoft Compatibility Pack which adds support for the new file formats, or;

2. Download Word 97 viewer or newer, or;

3. You can use the Open XML Translator for Open Office to be able to read and edit docx files with Open Office, or;

4. The free online docx converter lets you convert docx documents. This is a pretty good solution if you don’t want to install the previously mentioned add-ons. Remember, gaining access to this compendium will be well worth your time!

Written by a mass murderer, who would coldly have blown me and all other recipients of his email up had we been near his car at the wrong time. It blows my mind everytime I think about it, everytime I see a picture of that face.

FYI I deleted the mail and the manifesto years ago, within hours of receiving.

Eight years ago today.

Peace for victims and survivors.

animated-smileys-hug-005.gif

Btw I was surprised not to find this thread under 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' which is the logical place to look for it.
Moving threads is the best way to erase history and we should not want that ever.

Nine years ago today.

I still protest moving terorist threats to 'recently sentenced and beyond'. It is the best way to erase history and while I understand and accept that Americans are addicted to their jury trials, I would heartedly recommend not to feed on terrorism and other foreign cases, because this is not what terrorism is about, and the legal system outside the US is often very different.

Back to Utoya. May the victims and their families find peace.

Court to hear mass killer Breivik's parole request

A request for parole by Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik will be heard by a Norwegian court, the prosecutor in the case told Reuters on Friday.

Breivik detonated a car bomb outside the prime minister's office in Oslo a decade ago, killing eight people, before driving to Utoeya island and shooting dead 69 at a Labour Party youth camp. The ten-year anniversary of the attacks was marked in July. read more

Breivik is serving Norway's maximum sentence of 21 years, which can be extended indefinitely. He is however eligible to seek parole after serving the first 10 years of his term.

The Oslo state prosecutor's office has rejected Breivik's application for early release, meaning it will now go to court, the prosecutor in charge Hulda Karlsdottir told Reuters, confirming a report by newspaper VG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back