Found Deceased NV - Amari Nicholson, 2, Las Vegas east of strip, 5 May 2021

As a bereaved mum myself, I truely believe that the mum had nothing to do with Amari’s death. after listening to her 911 calls, and watching her interview after that man had been arrested.
I recognise that look in her eyes, she is in so much pain! he did what he did out of spite, and she definitely needs help so she doesn’t fall into the trap of another controlling person

As a bereaved mum myself, I truely believe that the mum had nothing to do with Amari’s death. after listening to her 911 calls, and watching her interview after that man had been arrested.
I recognise that look in her eyes, she is in so much pain! he did what he did out of spite, and she definitely needs help so she doesn’t fall into the trap of another controlling person
It’s so sad, most people in a relationship and familiar with an abuser don’t anticipate that it will turn to murder.
I also didn’t realize until now how quickly she returned from CO after finding out her son was missing, the social media rumors were way off on that.

“The calls were placed around 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on May 5. The first call was placed while Tayler Nicholson was in Colorado, police said. The second call was placed when she returned to Las Vegas.”
I-Team obtains 911 calls in Amari Nicholson murder case | KLAS

Welcome to Websleuths, Logans mum. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

I don’t understand how he can confess to the crime and then enter a not guilty plea. IMO, he doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of convincing a jury that he’s innocent and I do hope the DP is instated. It should be mandatory for anyone who murders a child.
the initial plea is a formality. im sure his attorneys will try to get his confession tossed.

the initial plea is a formality. im sure his attorneys will try to get his confession tossed.

Sure. "Not Guilty". Blame the police for the confession. Throw it out. This guy isn't going anywhere. He still has the charges of assault, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer. Those charges are not going away.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Noting:

Rhodes' next hearing is scheduled for June 11. His attorney, Robert Langford, has asked that his client be allowed to appear remotely from jail.
"... district attorney says Rhodes' case will be brought before the death penalty committee as they have a month to let the court know if they will indeed seek the death penalty charge."

Society is not to blame for this woman's choices. I have worked with sex workers, most of them are drug addicts. In treatment, court ordered, 90% sneered at me, when I discussed job opportunities. "I don't work for $12 an hour, I make $200 an hour.".

The ones who wanted to leave the "life" really struggle with working a regular job. They just are not used to it.

I would agree, although most of these $ 200 go to the pimps who keep them on drugs. A mom of one call girl told me, “Holidays are coming. She needs to meet 25 men in this time period to be able to keep her apartment.” On the other hand, unless we make it legal, it will be handled by pimps like this . This case somehow made headlines, and how many did not?

To the question, “why didn’t she call LE”, one of the answers could be, because prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. That determines her attitude to cops and all

JUN 14, 2021
I-Team: Boyfriend led police to body of 2-year-old Amari Nicholson by drawing map | KLAS (8newsnow.com)
The man accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson in May led police to the young boy’s body by drawing a map of where he had buried him, transcripts first obtained by the I-Team stated.

[...]

According to prosecutors, Rhodes admitted to killing Amari after the boy urinated on himself. ...

[...]

During an interview with police on May 11, Rhodes admitted to police he had killed the boy. Rhodes hit Amari three or four times with his fist on the morning of May 5 inside a unit at the Emerald Suites.

The child’s face then turned blue and he stopped breathing, according to the arrest report. Rhodes attempted CPR, but Amari died.

[...]

According to his indictment, Rhodes took the gun from Metro Detective Opal Deeds. He tried to kill Deeds and Detective Tate Sanborn before officers subdued him. The incident was recorded on surveillance video.

Rhodes faces a first-degree murder charge in the toddler’s death, along with two counts of attempted murder after taking an officer’s weapon in an interrogation room. He also faces four counts of assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon and four counts of resisting a police officer with the use of a firearm.

[...]

JUN 14, 2021
Man accused in boy’s killing drew map to lead police to body | Las Vegas Review-Journal (reviewjournal.com)
[...]

“He said he was gasping for air and then turned blue and purple in the face,” Metropolitan Police Department Detective Opal Deeds testified to a grand jury last month.

[...]

Rhodes drew a line where he carried the toddler’s body just a few hundred yards away and an “X” where he buried it underneath a brick wall that had soft dirt, Deeds testified.

Amari’s body was found May 12 underneath the wall near an asphalt overhang that lines the parking lot of the nearby Siegel Suites and McDonald’s. ...

[...]

JUN 17, 2021
Chilling video shows moment accused child killer grabs Las Vegas detective's gun | KATV
[...]

It's shocking -- one minute 27-year-old Terrell Rhodes is handcuffed to a table in an interrogation room, and the next, he has a detective's gun in his hands.

Police say during the struggle the suspect said "kill me" and that he wanted to die.

[...]

As Rhodes struggles with his handcuffs, detectives rush in and attempt to calm him down.

That's when things took a dangerous turn, and it was all caught on camera.

As detectives fought to make sure Rhodes wasn't able to get a good grip on the gun, he grabbed from one of their holsters. They were able to get the gun out of his hands without anyone getting hurt.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back