GUILTY NV - Gloria Redman, 12, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, 12 March 2008

I don't know if anyone is keeping up with my dads trial but I figured if you all cared enough to post comments you might like a little more info. For starters let me say that as far as I was told his tox screen was negative for drugs. He did not show any violent tendicies towards Gloria or her two teenage brothers. He was a jerk granted but never violent towards them. Me, my older sister and younger brother have been out of the home for over 15 years. My sister and I were step-children so we were treated differently but still nothing that would have clued us in to this type of behavior. He was not crazy. I do not feel he had a phycotic break. I think he only says that to excuse his actions. Granted something happened or Gloria would still be here with us today but he knew what he was doing at the time. The two teenage boys and the mother have since moved away from Nevada to live with me in Oklahoma. They are doing as good as can be expected. Mother is having a hard time, but who wouldn't. Everyday she tries to be stronger. The boys are angry but coping. School and everyday life helps keep their minds off their loss but they still have bad days too. Dad is scheduled to appear in court next month for what ever a calendar call is. They say we may not get to go to trail until next year sometime. Thank you all fo much for your thoughts and prayers.

WK

welcome and thank you for posting. I am sorry for your family's loss.

Do yo have any insight as to what happened if drugs, alcohol and mental illness was not present?

There was no sign of sexual abuse. Both me and my older sister were never sexually abused by him.

Hi Wild Katt and welcome to WS. Thank you for the update. I am very sorry this tragedy struck your family.

Was Gloria your real sister or step-sister? I have step-sisters but consider them to be my sisters.

He has not been found uncompetent to stand trial or anything has he?

No I really don't know what happened. Gloria was his baby. He always called her his miracle child since mom had her tubes tied before Gloria. Granted he wasn't the best father to us older children but since the boys and Gloria were born he seemed to change. He had never even spanked any of them. Hopefully some day he will come clean and tell us why he did this. We all want to know but none of us is willing to talk to him right now to ask--and he's playing insain any way saying Gloria is still alive and were all lying to him.

No I really don't know what happened. Gloria was his baby. He always called her his miracle child since mom had her tubes tied before Gloria. Granted he wasn't the best father to us older children but since the boys and Gloria were born he seemed to change. He had never even spanked any of them. Hopefully some day he will come clean and tell us why he did this. We all want to know but none of us is willing to talk to him right now to ask--and he's playing insain any way saying Gloria is still alive and were all lying to him.

Maybe he's not playing insane....people can have a mental break with no prior history of mental illness.

I wish you all the best.

Hi Wild Katt and welcome to WS. Thank you for the update. I am very sorry this tragedy struck your family.

Was Gloria your real sister or step-sister? I have step-sisters but consider them to be my sisters.

He has not been found uncompetent to stand trial or anything has he?

Gloria was my half-sister, we have the same mother but he was her real fater and the only father i've ever known. he and my mother have been together since i was 9 months old. Thankfully he was found competent to stand trial. He has calendar call in November what ever that means.

Maybe he's not playing insane....people can have a mental break with no prior history of mental illness.

I wish you all the best.

I could believe that if he was still insain but my aunt-his sister-has gone to see him in jail and he has asked if we hate him. if he was still insain that thought process would not be possible for him. My aunt says he acts totaly different when she visits then he does in court.

I'm so sorry for your huge loss, wild katt. Is anyone willing to go to court and testify that he's faking insanity? Has he had a psych evaluation?

What a horrible thing to happen. That poor little girl probably didn't know what was going on as her dad attacked her. It's hard to understand why he would do something like that as she was his miracle baby and it sounds like he proabably babied her. It's not a normal thing for someone to just turn on another like that when there hadn't been any problems. There she was home sick and watching TV with her dad.

Something must have gone haywire in that dad's head to cause him to murder his youngest child. Maybe he is alright now but it just doesn't make sense that he would do this being normal. I hope he is locked up for the rest of his life as he is a real danger to others. If it was something that just snapped in his head it could happen again no matter how old he is. Lock him up and throw away the key.

I wonder why he is acting like that in the courtroom but not when visiting with his sister? I guess he wants them to believe he is insane. Being insane doesn't mean a person gets a free pass...is he aware of that??????

What a horrible thing to happen. That poor little girl probably didn't know what was going on as her dad attacked her. It's hard to understand why he would do something like that as she was his miracle baby and it sounds like he proabably babied her. It's not a normal thing for someone to just turn on another like that when there hadn't been any problems. There she was home sick and watching TV with her dad.

Something must have gone haywire in that dad's head to cause him to murder his youngest child. Maybe he is alright now but it just doesn't make sense that he would do this being normal. I hope he is locked up for the rest of his life as he is a real danger to others. If it was something that just snapped in his head it could happen again no matter how old he is. Lock him up and throw away the key.

I wonder why he is acting like that in the courtroom but not when visiting with his sister? I guess he wants them to believe he is insane. Being insane doesn't mean a person gets a free pass...is he aware of that??????

Being insane means he goes to an insane asylum and not prison. He has a better chance of living longer if he stays away from prison. He is not very healthy anyway and probably will not live another 10 years unless the state fixes his medical problems--which they probably will. Gloria died really fast all my family can hope for is that she never saw it coming or who was doing it. i have a 10 year old daughter who is a daddys girl and i know it would kill her to even think about her father doing something like that to her. Just living through this ordeal with Gloria has been extremly hard for her. I don't think she or anyone else will ever fully understand what happened.
My dad has played games with the system before. When he beat mom back in 1990 he played like he was insane. The put him in for a mental eval and found him normal after 3 days. He never hit mom again(that i know of i left in 1992) I don't think honestly that he's "alright" but i know he is not insane.

I'm so sorry for your huge loss, wild katt. Is anyone willing to go to court and testify that he's faking insanity? Has he had a psych evaluation?

He has had 2 psych evals one for teh defence and one for the DA. Teh defence called me and wanted to know about my child hood. I refuse to remember anything that might help his insanity plea. If i thought he deserved it i might, but i know my father better than anyone on either side of the legal teams and i can't help him. I will testify to the fact that he has played this game before and that he was not a great father but also not an abusive one to those kids----no matter what he did to me or why i left home. what he did to my sister and i was over 15 years ago and he's been "normal" for that long so it shouldn't matter.

I have added a picture of Gloria as my avitar for everyone. She is my guardian angel now so she might as well be my avitar too.

Please know that your family are in my prayers - I can not imagine how difficult this is for all of you.

wild__katt,
I had to change the setting on my computer to see your avatar. What a sweetheart.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Tehy really mean alot to my family right now and we appreciated it. THANK YOU ALL.

I found this blog on Gloria's brother's MySpace page:

"gloria was a good lil girl never did nething bad prayed every night and it

made me sick and still after shes gone i can see her standing there taunting

me and everytime i try to touch her she just vanishes and will not speak

she wont interact almost as if she wasnt there but she is i can see her i can

feel the coldness comeing from the energy around her and it just idk i cant

explain the feelings and how could someone so precious to this world that

was just beggining to grow just be takin away so quickly as if she had no

purpose as if she wasnt wanted but that wasnt true and everyone knows it

she knows it and all i can keep saying to myself is that noone can hurt her

now and nothing bad can happen to her now and thats one thing im glad

about but otherwise this wasnt her time if it was neones it was my fathers

time to go but no he chose her and it tears me apart to have the feeling

thatthere was nothing i can do this came so unexpectingly and if i woulda

even had the thought that my father would do something like that i would

do something like that i would took him out first but i didnt and thats y it

was so shocking that it happend but it did and the past cannot be change

all we can to is live life day by day and just hope that justice will be served

to my father as some ppl have told me he will be judged twice once by the

court and once by god and for once i actually hope that thats true i dont

wish him death because then he would get exactly what he wanted i believe

he should rot away in a cell for the rest of his damned life knowing that his

family dispises him with every last nerve in our bodies that no matter how

hard he tries there is nothing he can do to change what he has done and i

believe thats whats going to drive him completly insane well i think im

done babbling "

This is so sad. I hope the kids and mom are getting some kind of counseling.
Wild Katt, I am so sorry you and your family are going through this pain and I want you to know that I will keep you all in my prayers and in my heart.

Wow, I somehow missed this story the first time around. What an awful situation for your family, Wild Katt; I'm so very sorry. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope for justice to be served for your little sister. :blowkiss:

i have tried to get my brothers to go to counseling but neither one will cooperate with me on this issue. The older one ( who just turned 16) says he will deal with it his own way (whicdh seems to be blogging so at least he's letting it out) and the other one (14) talked with my husband alot before he left for Kuait. My husband had never had a chance to meet any of them until after this happened so he had the ability to see both sides and tries not to be to biased. The 14 year old is just trying to get over teh confusion of why and how his dad could do something like this and unserstand how he is supposed to feel about dad now. How can you love someone that does that. Mother also struggles with that afterall she was married to this man for over 22 years and had been with him for about 28--she can't understand how she could have missed the signs that he was fixing to snap like that--she is looking onto counceling but its not cheap and military families are most defenitly not rich. I'm doing all i can to support them all now and hopefully we can find some free counceling somewhere soon or at least maybe she can find a friend to talk to. Right now though none of us are ready to start the healing process--we must make it through the trial first otherwise we will just have to start over again after that anyway.

wild_katt,
You are a true inspiration, dear. I know you are doing your best and I applaud you for that. Most schools have a counselor that may be able to talk to the kids and help them through it. You might want to check into it. Here in KY the school counselors are GREAT at helping the kids and you don't have to pay them anything. The school system takes care of it. They might even be able to help your mom too. Good luck to you and know that you are all in my heart and in my prayers.

wild_katt,
You are a true inspiration, dear. I know you are doing your best and I applaud you for that. Most schools have a counselor that may be able to talk to the kids and help them through it. You might want to check into it. Here in KY the school counselors are GREAT at helping the kids and you don't have to pay them anything. The school system takes care of it. They might even be able to help your mom too. Good luck to you and know that you are all in my heart and in my prayers.
We live in a very small city that is barely able to have counselors at the school. They are trying though to help the boys and have made it clear that they are there if needed. I think mother is going to call my husbands chaplin and see if he can help her. Even though my husband can not claim her as a dependent the chaplin says he is willing to do whatever he can to help--he was their with my husband the day I got the call so he knows as much as any of us. Thank you for you support and your prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken
Back