Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's past my bedtime, and I may be missing something, but even though the article was published today but the information in it appears to very dated/old. It could have been written years ago. No mention of her isotopes. It also states:

Fortunately, there was enough DNA to get a full sample. Now they are waiting for the FBI to finish processing it

She's had DNA available for some time, so this kinda confuses me & makes me wonder if they published the right thing.

It's past my bedtime, and I may be missing something, but even though the article was published today but the information in it appears to very dated/old. It could have been written years ago. No mention of her isotopes. It also states:

Fortunately, there was enough DNA to get a full sample. Now they are waiting for the FBI to finish processing it

She's had DNA available for some time, so this kinda confuses me & makes me wonder if they published the right thing.

Not sure if they had DNA before now, but I love that there is a detective who is so dedicated to determining her identity.

I'm not sure where this is going...why didn't LE put her up for the DNA Doe project already, where are the Isotopes....what happened to my submission of Ellen Marleen Rouse, missing from Canada? I have the feeling there is a lot of dust on this file.... sorry, for being pessimistic now and then....

I'm hoping something is in the works. Has anyone contacted the agencies on her case to apprise them of DDP?
I'm still on tenterhooks, waiting for her isotope results.

I just got a clarification from the detective in charge of AGJD's case. They now believe that the gap between her #7 and #8 teeth was the result of perimortem injuries, and not a condition that existed prior to her death.

I suggested to the detective that he consider enlisting the services of DNA Doe Project, and I provided him their contact information. He expressed interest. Hopefully he will follow up.

I just got a clarification from the detective in charge of AGJD's case. They now believe that the gap between her #7 and #8 teeth was the result of perimortem injuries, and not a condition that existed prior to her death.

I suggested to the detective that he consider enlisting the services of DNA Doe Project, and I provided him their contact information. He expressed interest. Hopefully he will follow up.

Is he sure he has the right teeth? Looking at her dental x rays the gap between 7-8 really doesn't look injurious but like a diastema. Could the detective have meant the fractured tooth?

That's awesome, Carlk. Had he not heard of DDp yet? I hope he does it.
He didn't happen to mention her isotope results, did he? It's coming up on 2 years.

Yes, he has. Up until now, he was just evaluating his options and trying to find what they had available in terms of biological material to submit for DNA extraction.

We didn't discuss isotopes. But isotope analysis is very expensive, and results are not real specific. DNA genealogy is a much better option.

Thanks for touching base.

That's awesome, Carlk. Had he not heard of DDp yet? I hope he does it.
He didn't happen to mention her isotope results, did he? It's coming up on 2 years.

Isn't it coming up on 3 years? Something tells me they're not making them public.

Yes, he has. Up until now, he was just evaluating his options and trying to find what they had available in terms of biological material to submit for DNA extraction.

We didn't discuss isotopes. But isotope analysis is very expensive, and results are not real specific. DNA genealogy is a much better option.

They said they did isotopes about 3 years ago. I'd grab the quote but probably couldn't find it with the new software and 20 posts per page.

Thank you.
The exhumed her for isotopes and advanced DNA testing in Dec. 2016, so I'm surprised by their response.
I hope they opt for the DDP, I was just wondering what her isotopes results were since isotope testing was supposed to have already been done.

Thanks for touching base.

Isn't it coming up on 3 years? Something tells me they're not making them public.

They said they did isotopes about 3 years ago. I'd grab the quote but probably couldn't find it with the new software and 20 posts per page.

I just double checked, she was exhumed in Dec. 2016.

But isotope analysis is very expensive, and results are not real specific. DNA genealogy is a much better option.

I agree. I suspect the use of isotopes going forward is likely to be on UIDs where the DNA is not viable.

On the other hand the work DDP, and the very few other companies engaged in that work, do is time consuming and intricate. In time there will be much greater demand on DNA genealogical work than there are skilled people to do it leading to a long waiting list of cases, so isotopes may be a way of at least narrowing down possibilities for traditional investigation. At the present rate of work, it looks as though DDP will clear up around 1 case per month while there are 40,000+ UIDs currently on LE books in the US.

Here are the posts & links

She's been exhumed again. The link that's provided in the story linked the old story, not the update, but I'm posting the FB page if you scroll through it to get the latest video.
FOX5 Las Vegas

To link directly to a FB post, there is a date/ time on every post, this one is Yesterday at 2:36am. Right click, copy link location or select open in new tab, copy the URL

FOX5 Las Vegas posted Yesterday at 2:36am ·

Welcome, thanks for letting us know!

Here is the link to the post on Henderson PD FB; so glad they're doing isotopes!

Henderson Police Department shared FOX5 Las Vegas's video. 22 hrs ago·

SMA - Just curious, are you also going to do isotope testing on her as well? · 21 hrs
Henderson Police Department Hi SMA, yes, isotope testing has been scheduled. 21 hrs

Who knows? Maybe DDP are in negotiations with LE for all we know? They just surprised everyone by taking on Anaheim Jane Doe out of the blue, so there is hope, right?

I emailed the coroner involved in her case about DDP months ago and never heard back. I imagine her agency has known about DDP for awhile because of washoe county Jane Doe. Local Agencies talk to each other

Also according to DDP they will talk to agencies for months before actually taking on a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa