Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

3 questions:

what it is I am viewing in the most reason photo of her smile. Is that scarring like keloids or dental equipment I am seeing? A lot of orthodontic work was done I can see that.
When were her braces removed? Do we have a date for that?
A name of her orthodontist?

Wish I knew to be honest. One side of her mouth appear to be having some issues, but nothing that braces would help with. I think. There is no record of them being removed as far as I know. I listened to the podcast, and they have records, one of the last years where she was in care, where it was mentioned she had braces.

Jane doe is listed as having a suture, which is, a sort of metal string, this is hard to describe but my brother had it to help correct a tooth that was growing out the wrong way.

I personally believe that Patricia Taylor is the Campbell County Jane Doe.

Patricia Lynn Taylor looks like this Jane Doe

482UFTN

Hmm never considered this.

157846976_4152918518053522_3638094121715817764_n.jpg

Suppose if she really did hitchhike she could have ended up with the wrong fella'

She is very similar looking to Anita Anne Qvist who went missing the year before from California. I did not see her on the exclusion list.

"Over 40 Years Later and Still No Justice for This Young Murder Victim

1*lZxNskvAbgVqkAI4_7OAFQ.jpeg

Photo Credit: NCMEC via NamUs

Arroyo Grande Jane Doe, sometimes referenced as Jane Arroyo Grande Doe, is the name assigned by detectives to an unidentified murder victim discovered over 40 years ago in Henderson, Nevada. Despite their inability to identify the victim after all this time, the work done in this case has been cited as instrumental in helping solve the cold cases of other victims."

Who is Arroyo Grande Jane Doe?

Current exclusions: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP1783 Tammy Akers 02/07/1977 Roanoke VA
MP11582 Barbara Bruno 08/01/1980 Monroe NY
MP5901 Sandra Butler 06/26/1978 Washoe NV
MP9467 Terry Collier 06/17/2004 San Bernardino CA
MP2345 Carla Corley 08/12/1980 Jefferson AL
MP5308 Melinda Creech 09/05/1979 Madison IN
MP11009 Kimberly Doss 05/29/1979 Duval FL
MP2362 Rachael Garden 03/22/1980 Rockingham NH
-- Mary Gregory 02/18/1978 -- --
MP58782 Susan Hallowell 04/01/1980 Brevard FL
MP17277 Cindy Haumann 11/03/1980 Pima AZ
MP2510 Cheryl Ann Iacovone 07/12/1977 Delaware PA
MP2493 Tracy King 07/08/1975 Adams PA
MP547 Sandra Landrum 09/29/1975 Fulton GA
MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL
MP6391 Angela Meeker 07/07/1979 Pierce WA
MP28701 Marilyn Milligan * 06/17/1977 Lafayette MO
MP2392 Laureen Rahn 04/27/1980 Hillsborough NH
MP26838 Carol Roberts 08/15/1976 Seminole FL
MP23885 Mary Rodermund 03/02/1978 St. Mary LA
MP12861 Rebecca Rodriguez 07/16/1977 Contra Costa CA
MP3859 Cheryl Scherer 04/17/1979 Scott MO
MP34119 Rosie Schlicker 03/14/1978 Jackson MO
MP6635 Suzanne Schultz 12/01/1978 Hillsborough FL
MP31371 Patricia Taylor 08/01/198 Tulsa OK
MP17932 Debra Vowell 01/24/1979 San Diego CA

Walker County Jane Doe being ID'd recently shows us there is hope for Arroyo Grande Jane Doe! I wish we could know who's working on her case. I hope she gets ID'd soon. Or maybe already has and they're sitting on the announcement? IDK, I just want her to go home.

..and then there was one.

With the recent identification of Sherri Jarvis (formerly known as Walker County Jane Doe), Arroyo Grande Jane Doe is the only remaining Jane Doe in the poster below. I do have a feeling her days as a UID are also numbered. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Cali_-_Arroyo_Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg

Attachments

• Cali_-_Arroyo_Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg
    Cali_-_Arroyo_Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 12
In September, the Unsolved Mysteries podcast released an episode about Arroyo Grande Jane Doe:

The Girl with the "S" Tattoo

"On October 5th, 1980, a young woman’s brutalized dead body is discovered on the side of Arroyo Grande Road, a small dirt road in Henderson, Nevada. Detective John Williams arrives on the scene and is deeply disturbed by what he finds: the victim’s face is bruised and battered and she has suffered stab wounds to her torso and fatal blunt force trauma to the back of her head. An autopsy also reveals signs of sexual assault. On a more eerie note, it’s clear that the victim’s body was moved from the location of her murder, carefully washed, and placed naked, face-down on the ground. Without an original crime scene or a shred of personal identification, Williams cannot identify this young girl. His only two clues: the autopsy reveals that the young woman has recently undergone a unique dental procedure, and she also has a small, amateur “S” tattoo located on her forearm. Uncovering the girl’s identity, who Williams affectionately dubs “Jane Arroyo Grande Doe,” becomes a life-long personal mission for the dogged detective. Unfortunately, Williams retires before solving the case. Now, forty years later, Detective Joseph Ebert has picked up where Williams left off. Ebert and famed genetic genealogist Barbara Rae-Venter, are now working together using revolutionary advancements in genetic technology to try to solve this decades-old cold case– a case that is really two mysteries: Who was the girl with the “S” tattoo? And who killed her?

If you have any information on this case, you can submit your tips to the Henderson Police Department Investigations Bureau at 702-267-4750, or you can submit your tips through our website at unsolved.com."

Walker County Jane Doe being ID'd recently shows us there is hope for Arroyo Grande Jane Doe! I wish we could know who's working on her case. I hope she gets ID'd soon. Or maybe already has and they're sitting on the announcement? IDK, I just want her to go home.
I think that @othram was working on her case.

I was just looking at that poster and thinking that too! Maybe a new one (with Arroyo Grande Jane Doe included) is in order?

All of the ID'd girls on the poster were found far from home. I assume Arroyo Grande Jane Doe will be the same. She could be from ANYWHERE, it's crazy to think about. Just for comparison:
  • Tammy Jo Alexander: Missing from Brooksville, Florida - found in Caledonia, New York (~1220 mi difference)
  • Sheri Ann Jarvis: Missing from Stillwater, Minnesota - found in Huntsville, Texas (~1130 mi difference)
  • Marcia Lenore King: Missing from Little Rock, Arkansas - found in Troy, Ohio (~700 mi difference)
I wonder if AGJD was a runaway from the Midwest or East Coast.

Excerpt from the Unsolved Mysteries podcast transcript:

"NARRATION: THE FRAGMENTED DNA FROM JANE'S ROOTLESS HAIR IS PUT BACK TOGETHER THROUGH THE GENOME SEQUENCING PROCESS. WHAT SEEMED TO BE IMPOSSIBLE 40 YEARS AGO WHEN JOHN WILLIAMS FIRST CAUGHT THE CASE IS SUDDENLY A REALITY. JOE EBERT FINALLY HAS HIS JANE DOE'S DNA SIGNATURE AND A POSSIBLE WAY TO ID HER ONCE AND FOR ALL.

JOE EBERT: So, when you think about the timeframe of where we are with this case, we have worked this case from October 5th, 1980, and have really made no leaps and bounds in identifying who Jane Arroyo Grande Doe is until about a year and a half ago when I met Barbara Rae-Venter. And between my partner and I, we have made huge leaps and bounds to identify numerous family members that we believe are genetically related to Jane Arroyo Grande Doe. They might not know who she is, but we can show that they are genetically related to her, and until we can ultimately identify someone that's pretty close in relationship to her, and we can start going and talking to these people, and saying, "Hey, we have an unidentified victim. Is there anyone in your family that you know that's missing a loved one?" And ultimately get lucky, and that's where we are with it."

JOE EBERT: So, when you think about the timeframe of where we are with this case, we have worked this case from October 5th, 1980, and have really made no leaps and bounds in identifying who Jane Arroyo Grande Doe is until about a year and a half ago when I met Barbara Rae-Venter. And between my partner and I, we have made huge leaps and bounds to identify numerous family members that we believe are genetically related to Jane Arroyo Grande Doe. They might not know who she is, but we can show that they are genetically related to her, and until we can ultimately identify someone that's pretty close in relationship to her, and we can start going and talking to these people, and saying, "Hey, we have an unidentified victim. Is there anyone in your family that you know that's missing a loved one?" And ultimately get lucky, and that's where we are with it."

RSBM...

Great news to hear! So is Barbara Rae-Venter working her case? Is she with Identifinders?

Yes, she is working her case! Barbara isn't with Identifinders, as she has her own company called Firebird Forensics Group.

Thanks! So hard to keep track of all the wonderful genetic genealogy companies out there. I'm glad someone is on it. DNA Doe Project really did set the scene for so many of these companies and Doe IDs - starting with the ID of Marcia King it was a snowball effect!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back