Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a website about unidentified decedents in America; it is an additional website for my blog about Walker County Jane Doe.

The first featured case on it so far is Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. It has some information about her case, along with a list of NamUs ruleouts. Here's the link:

http://uidsofamerica.weebly.com/

To Springrain:

No I have not heard back. For whatever reason, Canadians are not listed on NAMUS ruleout lists. It drives many of us nuts that they will not list Canadians. Before 9/11/2001, the border was very easy to cross. " Hi, where are you going? How long do you plan to stay? Ok, have a nice visit". My family and I travelled to and from Canada in the late 70's- the only person who had to show ID was the car driver (a driver's license) and the info was not recorded.

The Clark County coroner's office very much wants to see Arroyo Jane identified.

To Springrain:

No I have not heard back. For whatever reason, Canadians are not listed on NAMUS ruleout lists.

Is there a Canadian equivalent of NamUs where they hold MP's DNA? I'm fairly new at this, and all of the MPs I've tried to compare to UIDs where Americans listed in NamUs.

Is there a Canadian equivalent of NamUs where they hold MP's DNA? I'm fairly new at this, and all of the MPs I've tried to compare to UIDs where Americans listed in NamUs.

There has been talk of Canada creating a system similar to NamUs, but as of yet, Canada does not have such a system.

It's been 35 years. 35 years without a name, without justice. She is in my thoughts today. RIP beauty. We will keep looking. :rose:

News channel 5 in Las Vegas just had a short story about how it has been 35 years and still unidentified.......- Coroner's office and NCMEC have released a new recon of Arroyo's face and a recon of her profile.

Al Ka, thank you so much for grouping all these missing girls in their correct place, ie, rule outs from NamUs, Rule outs from other WS members/LE, MP currently being checked
and Pending.
This list sure makes referencing much easier. All I have to do is print the list and voila, instant reference.

So many missing children/adults that need to be found and taken home.
So many UID & UnClaimed that need a name to go with their face, and so many without a face.

:candle:

IMO Carl's recon is more accurate than the one released today. But I am mostly just glad that her case is being spoken about; it is very important that it may reach the right people. I'm happy they did the news story. Clark County really wants her identified.

http://www.news3lv.com/content/news...enderson-homicide/4afm1ueNw06gwe47EboXOw.cspx

HENDERSON (KSNV News3LV) – Monday marks the 35th anniversary of one Clark County’s oldest cold cases. The murder of Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe remains unsolved.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a new composite of what the young woman may have looked like in 1980.

Former Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy now heads the Unknown Victim Identification Unit at NCMEC, working to identify Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe, along with more than 700 unknown children.

“There are Jane Arroyo Grande Does all over the United States. People need to understand that it takes just one look at just one picture by the right person and the case starts all over again,” Murphy said. “It’s not just about giving them a name, it’s about providing these young people that have lost their lives tragically, with some justice.”

I am so glad to hear that billboards about her/her case will be put over southern NV. I pray it reaches the right people.

There is a possibility that AGJD was not native to Nevada, just as with any UID case. Like many other people, I feel as though she could have been a European immigrant. I wished they had done an isotope analysis, it's likely that that would've been helpful. Also as many people above said, she could have fallen in prostitution. That could explain the small crudely done 'S' tattoo. Although I feel as if she was more likely murdered by a client, perhaps she could have fallen out of favor with her pimp.

I tried to look up "Arroyo Grande Road" Henderson, NV, on Google Maps, but the only place I found was a residential area. I don't recall the story of discovery, but I'm assuming that it wasn't a residential area or as well developed at the time. However, if it was, I'm guessing he wanted to send a message, wanted her to be found. Unless it was more rural then. Sorry, my memory of the discovery is foggy.

It was much more rural then. That area has only been built up in the last 20 years - if that.

Thanks for the info, AngelaH. Now I'm thinking he/she didn't want her to be found.

It is "Arroyo Grande Boulevard" in Henderson NV. Arroyo Grande Blvd. is now a busy 6 lane road (3 lanes either direction). The spot where she was found is now indeed residential homes that are part of Housing Subdivision, IIRC.

I sincerely hope they put some of those billboards up in San Bernadino County, CA; also near the NV-CA state line, and the NV -AZ state line.

That is the one I was viewing. I imagined it being much more rural, but with urban sprawl over the last 35 years it has changed.

I am starting to wonder about this MP, Mary Kay Radford, from Augusta GA who disappeared in 1974 at age 22. There is not a whole lot to go on. She is in NAMUS, but there is no photo, no DNA, no FP and no dentals. The only thing NAMUS says is that she had a scar on the back of her right arm and on her shoulder blade where moles had been removed. Mary's name popped up when I entered Arroyo's stats into NAMUS MP side.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8739/mary_kay_radford.htm There is no picture of Mary here, either.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21576/28/

She would be slightly older than Arroyo's estimated age. Mary Radford would have been about 28 in 1980. Her height is listed as between 60-65 inches. eye color is unknown, and circumstances of disappearance are not listed. Does anyone have a classmates.com membership to see if there is a photo of her in a yearbook? I am thinking she may have graduated in 1970 or 1971.

I am starting to wonder about this MP, Mary Kay Radford, from Augusta GA who disappeared in 1974 at age 22. There is not a whole lot to go on. She is in NAMUS, but there is no photo, no DNA, no FP and no dentals. The only thing NAMUS says is that she had a scar on the back of her right arm and on her shoulder blade where moles had been removed. Mary's name popped up when I entered Arroyo's stats into NAMUS MP side.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8739/mary_kay_radford.htm There is no picture of Mary here, either.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21576/28/

She would be slightly older than Arroyo's estimated age. Mary Radford would have been about 28 in 1980. Her height is listed as between 60-65 inches. eye color is unknown, and circumstances of disappearance are not listed. Does anyone have a classmates.com membership to see if there is a photo of her in a yearbook? I am thinking she may have graduated in 1970 or 1971.

I did some quick research on Mary Kay Radford. It looks like she went by Kay. I think Medlin is her maiden name—in this obit, a "Kay M. Radford" in Augusta is said to have predeceased her mother. Still trying to find a photo (I don't have a Classmates account).

Oh, and here's a random fact: Hilyard Medlin, who appears to have been her father (if she is the Kay referenced in the obit linked above), was a fingerprint expert who testified in the Jeffrey MacDonald murder trial.

http://old.chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2004/05/12/obi_415373.shtml

http://old.chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2000/06/19/met_292043.shtml (reference to her as "Kay")

I did some quick research on Mary Kay Radford. It looks like she went by Kay. I think Medlin is her maiden name—in this obit, a "Kay M. Radford" in Augusta is said to have predeceased her mother. Still trying to find a photo (I don't have a Classmates account).

Oh, and here's a random fact: Hilyard Medlin, who appears to have been her father (if she is the Kay referenced in the obit linked above), was a fingerprint expert who testified in the Jeffrey MacDonald murder trial.

http://old.chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2004/05/12/obi_415373.shtml

http://old.chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2000/06/19/met_292043.shtml (reference to her as "Kay")

I checked the 1969, 70, and 71 yearbooks for several high schools in the vicinity of her father's address (on Young Drive in Augusta), or her mother's church in the same neighborhood.

I couldn't find anyone with the surname Medlin in the yearbooks for any of those schools. There is a male with that surname who attended the Academy of Richmond County from 1965-69, but she is not in the 1970 yearbook for that school, and the other books are unavailable for that era.

I checked the 1969, 70, and 71 yearbooks for several high schools in the vicinity of her father's address (on Young Drive in Augusta), or her mother's church in the same neighborhood.

I couldn't find anyone with the surname Medlin in the yearbooks for any of those schools. There is a male with that surname who attended the Academy of Richmond County from 1965-69, but she is not in the 1970 yearbook for that school, and the other books are unavailable for that era.

I wonder who reported her missing—her age is listed as 22-25 in 1974, so *if* she was in a yearbook, it would have probably been earlier than those dates. (If she was 25 in 1974, she would have been in a high school yearbook for 1967 or earlier.) I'm guessing her parents didn't report her missing, because they would know her exact age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74