GUILTY NV - Julia Woodward, 21, murdered, Washoe County, 1979 *Arrest in 2019*

Thanks @Suglo !
Moose And Christmas Balls Smiley

Tuesday, December 6th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – NV – Julia Woodward (21) (last seen Feb. 1, 1979 @ SF airport, found Mar. 25, 1979 near Eagle Canyon in Hungry Valley (15 miles north of Reno) - *Charles Gary Sullivan (33 @ time of crime/77/now 80) indicted (8/25/19), arrested (8/28/19 in Yavapai County, AZ), extradited (11/15/19 to Reno), charged (11/15/19) & arraigned (11/19/19) with open murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/6/23.
DNA & additional investigation info & Court info from 11/19/19 thru 9/13/22 reference post #179 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...shoe-county-1979-arrest-in-2019.275036/page-9

11/16/22 Update: Hearing held. Ordered that notices be filed regarding Mr. Sibley's withdrawal from the case & Ms. Hickman's transfer to the APD's office so the record is clear regarding the attorneys of record. Mr. Arrascada informed the Court the case has not transferred to the APD's & a new Public Defender has not been assigned to the case. The PD & APD will discuss assignment & possible transfer of this case to the APD. Ms. Hickman & Mr. Arrascada advised the Court that regardless who represents the defendant a request for a continuance of the February trial setting will be made. A status hearing is set on 11/29/22 to discuss resolving this issue. The trial remains as set.
11/29/22 Update: Defendant's motion to continue trial-denied as of today. Matter continued one week on 12/6/22 to consider a continuation of trial date, if the following is completed prior to the next hearing: 1. Counsel Arrascada to obtain a declaration from the APD that the APD will accept the case & that the APD will assign the case to Counsel Hickman; 2. Counsel Hickman is to then file a declaration that she will accept assignment of the case from the APD, that she will not schedule anything over the 5/8/23 trial date, & include whether her witnesses will also be available on 5/8/23; 3. Defendant must sign a declaration that he understands the request for continuance & has no objection to the continue. If all of the above has been completed by the next hearing date, the Court will consider a 5/8/23 trial date. Status hearing on 12/6/22 @ 8:30am.

Tuesday, December 6th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – NV – Julia Woodward (21) (last seen Feb. 1, 1979 @ SF airport, found Mar. 25, 1979 near Eagle Canyon in Hungry Valley (15 miles north of Reno) - *Charles Gary Sullivan (33 @ time of crime/77/now 80) indicted (8/25/19), arrested (8/28/19 in Yavapai County, AZ), extradited (11/15/19 to Reno), charged (11/15/19) & arraigned (11/19/19) with open murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/6/23.
DNA & additional investigation info & Court info from 11/19/19 thru 9/13/22 reference post #179 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...shoe-county-1979-arrest-in-2019.275036/page-9

11/16/22 Update: Hearing held. Ordered that notices be filed regarding Mr. Sibley's withdrawal from the case & Ms. Hickman's transfer to the APD's office so the record is clear regarding the attorneys of record. Mr. Arrascada informed the Court the case has not transferred to the APD's & a new Public Defender has not been assigned to the case. The PD & APD will discuss assignment & possible transfer of this case to the APD. Ms. Hickman & Mr. Arrascada advised the Court that regardless who represents the defendant a request for a continuance of the February trial setting will be made. A status hearing is set on 11/29/22 to discuss resolving this issue. The trial remains as set.
11/29/22 Update: Defendant's motion to continue trial-denied as of today. Matter continued one week on 12/6/22 to consider a continuation of trial date, if the following is completed prior to the next hearing: 1. Counsel Arrascada to obtain a declaration from the APD that the APD will accept the case & that the APD will assign the case to Counsel Hickman; 2. Counsel Hickman is to then file a declaration that she will accept assignment of the case from the APD, that she will not schedule anything over the 5/8/23 trial date, & include whether her witnesses will also be available on 5/8/23; 3. Defendant must sign a declaration that he understands the request for continuance & has no objection to the continue. If all of the above has been completed by the next hearing date, the Court will consider a 5/8/23 trial date. Status hearing on 12/6/22 @ 8:30am.
@Niner The upcoming trial dates were vacated. Here is the what the docket says. I’m going to calendar this to check back in a month to see if they’ve set another status hearing or a motion to confirm trial (MTC below).

ETA - the clerk made a mistake. The new trial date is 5/22/23.

D435 - Heard ... filed on: 12/06/2022
Extra Text: PD'S OFFICE IS RELIEVED FROM REPRESENTATION OF THE DEFT BUT WILL CONTINUE TO PAY THE FEES AND THE APD'S OFFICE WAS APPOINTED. APD'S OFFICE STIPULATED TO ASSIGNING THE MATTER TO KATHERYN HICKMAN; COUNSEL HICKMAN ACCEPTED ASSIGNMENT OF THIS MATTER AND AGREED NOT TO SET ANYTHING OVER THE NEW TRIAL DATES TRIAL AND MTC CURRENTLY SET ARE VACATED TRIAL RESET TO 5/22/22 @ 9AM FOR 3 WEEKS COUNSEL HICKMAN TO FILE A REQUEST TO RE-OPN PRE-TRIAL DEADLINES, IF NECESSARY MTC TO BE SET BY THE CLERK

@Niner The upcoming trial dates were vacated. Here is the what the docket says. I’m going to calendar this to check back in a month to see if they’ve set another status hearing or a motion to confirm trial (MTC below).

ETA - the clerk made a mistake. The new trial date is 5/22/23.

D435 - Heard ... filed on: 12/06/2022
Extra Text: PD'S OFFICE IS RELIEVED FROM REPRESENTATION OF THE DEFT BUT WILL CONTINUE TO PAY THE FEES AND THE APD'S OFFICE WAS APPOINTED. APD'S OFFICE STIPULATED TO ASSIGNING THE MATTER TO KATHERYN HICKMAN; COUNSEL HICKMAN ACCEPTED ASSIGNMENT OF THIS MATTER AND AGREED NOT TO SET ANYTHING OVER THE NEW TRIAL DATES TRIAL AND MTC CURRENTLY SET ARE VACATED TRIAL RESET TO 5/22/22 @ 9AM FOR 3 WEEKS COUNSEL HICKMAN TO FILE A REQUEST TO RE-OPN PRE-TRIAL DEADLINES, IF NECESSARY MTC TO BE SET BY THE CLERK

Okay - thanks! I too shall take note & get back to you in about a month!

TONS of snow here...
The Snow Is Back Smiley

Okay - thanks! I too shall take note & get back to you in about a month!

TONS of snow here...
The Snow Is Back Smiley
Nice! I miss the snow. We have some tule fog. I’ll trade you ;)

Nice! I miss the snow. We have some tule fog. I’ll trade you ;)

Okay - DEAL!!!

I see a strange golden globe outside - it is finally the SUN!! Have not seen that in almost 2 to 3 weeks here!!!

@Suglo - a belated
Merry Christmas Glitters Smiley

to you!

So - any court hearing dates coming up yet? TIA! :)

@Suglo - a belated
Merry Christmas Glitters Smiley

to you!

So - any court hearing dates coming up yet? TIA! :)
@Niner The court website only has the 5/22/23 Trial on the docket. They haven’t rescheduled any other dates yet. I’ll check again in a couple of weeks for you. Happy New Year!

@Niner The court website only has the 5/22/23 Trial on the docket. They haven’t rescheduled any other dates yet. I’ll check again in a couple of weeks for you. Happy New Year!

Okay - thanks for taking the time to look! And back atcha - Happy New Year! I will check back after that! :)

If anyone is interested or know more information I started a thread for Linda Lou Taylor, the 3rd woman that Sullivan is suspected of killing. She was reportedly last seen before going on a luncheon date with him. Her body has never been found.

@Suglo - just going thru some oldies - any updates yet on this? Trial still scheduled on 5/22/23?

TIA! :)

@Niner Nothing yet other than the 5/22/23 trial date. Will have to keep checking the docket periodically.

Okay - thanks for taking the time to check this out! :) See ya in about... oh let's say another 2 weeks! :D

@Suglo - forgot to ask about this case - any updates yet?

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back