NV NV - Julie Ann Myers, 16, Reno, 28 July 1978

heartanium

Reaction score
Stumbled on this case when I was researching other missing women from Reno. This one is interesting, I can't find any evidence that she was found. She's not on DoeNetwork, Namus, or any related law enforcement agencies. Someone with better genealogy skills might be able to find out where she went.

I'm afraid she may have been aged out of the missing persons system when she turned 18 (if she still is missing).

Julie Ann Myers
D.L.C:
July 28, 1978
Park Lane Centre (modernly called Park Lane Mall, closed in 2007)
D.O.B: ~1962
Race: White/Caucasian
Height: 5’4"
Weight: 110lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown, long, hangs down to waist
Clothing: Unknown
Scars/Marks: Dark complected, noted to be busty

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Julie Ann Myers was a student at Wooster High School at the time of her disappearance. She was working as a swing-shift waitress at Sir Loins Steak House at 2450 Virginia St in Reno. She was last seen by her mother, who dropped her off at the Weinstock department store at the Park Lane Centre around 3:30 the day she disappeared. Julie was there to buy a present for a coworker before her shift, but failed to show up for her shift. She had plans to go out with her coworkers after her shift that night, and had a dinner scheduled with her uncle the next day.

She had been dating a 21 year old man, who had asked her to marry him. She denied him on the basis that she wanted to finish school first, which angered him. After his rejected advances, he began harassing her both at home at 156 Mt. Rose St and at work. He was quoted by Sir Loin’s workers as saying “I’m going to get that girl, one way or another”. He is not named by the police, and I am unsure if he was ever arrested.

She was described as a good student who was on top of her grades, and her disappearance was very out of character. She was very close to her family, especially with her sisters and uncle. Her family was originally from Graves Lake, Illinois.

I can find no records of her or her remains being found, and the last time she is mentioned in the Reno-Gazette is September 15, 1978, still missing. There is a Julie Myers from Wooster High School who is quoted in the Reno-Gazette, but her graduating class is listed as 1984, so I believe this may be another Julie Myers.

She was described as “5’4”, 110lbs, with blue eyes and long brown hair down to her waist. It is also noted she was busty, and had a dark complexion.”

Media:

1 August 1978, The Reno-Gazette Journal, pg 20
1682461029416.png

15 September 1978, The Reno Gazette-Journal, pg 19
1682461144111.png

Attachments

• 1682461135305.png
    1682461135305.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online