Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any indication what brought the suspect to the Walmart in Fernley? Was it on his route to work? It doesn't seem that he knew Naomi from her job.
He might have followed her from her home.
I wonder if he lived close by her.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Would he be allowed to own guns after his previous conviction?

Not generally. I have read about restoring gun rights after convictions but I don't know much about it.

Regardless, I always say, it's not the law abiding citizens we have to worry about with guns. Criminals don't care about the laws so it's not revelant, imo.

And this alleged Perp is dumb as a doorknob in that he didn't think through his truck being spotted on cams, etc. Not a mensa candidate.

Amateur opinion and speculation
He must have been spotted getting into or out of the truck. Perhaps he thought he parked out of camera view (we don't know where he parked). It appears that there was just one camera pointing at the parking lot where Naomi parked.

Last edited:
I'm personally having a hard time thinking this was just a random act with the time frame of minutes before the shuttle arrived. Could he be that lucky? Praying for Naomi!

I do not believe this was just a random act, but I am now beginning to think it may have been a random first meeting, that she may have only been minimally aware of, if aware at all. I don't see this guy as likely to be sitting on a computer dating site for hours, looking for a hookup to attack, but I do see him as the type who, someone mentioned several days ago, may have spotted Naomi on her way to work, stopping for her daily energy drink at the convenience store, getting gas, or whatever. It is a time of morning that he perhaps would be used to being out, so that would not necessarily raise suspicions of those who knew him well. I could see him as the kind to "brush against" Naomi in line, and then try to make small talk. Perhaps she didn't respond, or perhaps she basically shrugged him off, and he decided he had been disrespected and was going to teach her a lesson. He may have followed her a time or two to figure out her routine, and then lay in wait, as he apparently has done before, and then he struck.

I do not see this monster confessing to anything, and I do not see a good ending to this, but I pray for guidance for those searching today, and hope that they can find her and take her home to her loved ones. JMO

Last edited:
He lived in Fallon (where he was arrested) and she in Fernley, which is about 28 miles away.

30 mins away. From my upbringing in similarly spaced rural areas, 30 mins is nothing when going back and forth. Especially if he was going to Reno. They were at his address in Fallon for the truck(s) but I haven't seen official word on where he was arrested. Any news/press release talks about impounding the truck from Fallon but nothing on where he was actually taken into custody.

Last edited:
What worries me is that one, I doubt that he used his truck that has a lot of telematics to take her wherever he took her and do whatever he did of her and dispose of her body if he killed her. Her car would yield few clues as to location...Maybe biological or soil? That would be the only hope, some thing that was unique to a specific area that might give some clues. Second, as others have noted and given his long criminal history, he is very unlikely to talk or confess, especially if he knows that he hid her especially well.

I really feel it was random and he chose her because of her late model car. In most cars these days, you would not expect for someone to move very quickly from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat since most cars have a consol in the middle. I don’t think an abductor would take the chance if his intentions were to enter the car through the driver’s door. By targeting a much older car, he knew the transition of her sliding over would be much easier. Based on age, he would have started driving in the mid 90’s. Her car was a 1992 model I think, so possibly he had the same kind of car or similar.

Despite what others have said, I think bench seats would be essential to his M.O.

I wonder if and how he knew Naomi's door was unlocked?

Last edited:
The problem with a lot of areas in the Western United States, is that once you leave main cities and highways, the "Cellular Grid" may be useless to track his moves. Aside from his last "ping".

This is because cell service becomes "null" in so many areas with sparse population in rural areas. Something for many people to tuck in their heads. Cell phone service is not a given in many areas in the west. Five miles off the main highway, no cell service. Hit and miss.

Absolutely a wake-up call. I think if anything comes out of this, I think there should be some changes.
Women are just not safe these days.

I am a woman and carry a gun all of the time, every where I go. He would have never made it past my car door. If weapons are not your thing, at least take self defense classes. Learn how to get out of these situations. You’ll be surprised how empowered you feel.

Yet another woman going about her life, taken out by a predator.

His brazen behavior indicates he's done this before. If anything good comes from this perhaps more families will get answers about their missing and murdered sisters, mothers, daughters ...

Heartbreaking.

I am a woman and carry a gun all of the time, every where I go. He would have never made it past my car door. If weapons are not your thing, at least take self defense classes. Learn how to get out of these situations. You’ll be surprised how empowered you feel.

I took a "self defense" class. And honestly, I am not very "Gung Ho".

Would a weapon have made a difference here? I doubt it. Unless someone has it in their hand 100% of the time, with the safety off. In a quick, blitz attack, the attacker has the advantage. The victim is not ready for an attack, all the perpetrator needs to do is gain quick access, get in close, and use a taser, boom. Done. And BTW, you can buy a taser on Amazon.

That is the problem with thinking a self defense class or weapon would make a difference. It lulls people into a false sense of security.

Not generally. I have read about restoring gun rights after convictions but I don't know much about it.

Regardless, I always say, it's not the law abiding citizens we have to worry about with guns. Criminals don't care about the laws so it's not revelant, imo.

If he was convicted of a felony, he will never be able to own guns legally. That doesn’t stop the majority of criminals though. Very rare to have gun rights restored to a felon.

Respectfully, in the shock of what happened in her car (remember it took all of three minutes), she would not have had a lot of use for a self defense course. I agree that it is empowering and I recommend doing it, but sadly you can't prepare for every situation and it would be dangerous to assume nobody can harm you :(

30 mins away. From my upbringing in similarly spaced rural areas, 30 mins is nothing when going back and forth. Especially if he was going to Reno. I actually read he was arrested in Reno, not Fallon but haven't seen official word yet as confirmation. They were at his address in Fallon for the truck(s) but I haven't seen official word on where he was arrested. Any news/press release talks about impounding the truck from Fallon but nothing on where he was actually taken into custody.
He is currently in Lyon County Jail in Yerington, where he was officially booked, so I think he was captured in Lyon County.

Is there any indication what brought the suspect to the Walmart in Fernley? Was it on his route to work? It doesn't seem that he knew Naomi from her job.

Just guessing based on maps, but it's possible that the suspect stopped at the same gas station as Naomi at roughly the same time of day more than once. The suspect would have been traveling to Reno for work - perhaps picking up a coffee, Naomi was picking up snacks and heading to the shuttle. He could have followed her to the shuttle some time prior to the abduction.

At some point he decided that she was an easy victim and began planning where to park his vehicle to abduct her on the weekend when he wasn't working. He would have known her car, where she parked on the Walmart lot, when she arrived, when the shuttle arrived, and when was the best time to approach her.

If she did not have her usual contact with overseas friends that morning, they might have raised the alarm. Waiting until it appeared that she was finished visiting at 5:23 AM meant he could abduct her and no one would know until at least 12 hours later.

The convenience store where Naomi bought snacks

upload_2022-3-26_10-59-59.png

The location of the convenience store along the highway from Fallon to Reno

upload_2022-3-26_10-59-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors