NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sltrib.com/Justice/ci_14859223

Here is one resident of SCA that is showing interest and concern.

He was willing to be quoted by name.

In all fairness to the residents of SCA, imagine if something happened to someone in your neighborhood. It is very easy to take things out of context and for some people to go on a witch hunt trying to prove this or that.

There is a great deal of truth to the old addage that no good deed goes unpunished so some people prefer to say nothing rather than have their names plastered in the media when in all probability they know nothing and had nothing to do with the situation.

I asked a question this morning, and I did not see an answer, just wondering if Steven's boss from the window washing business was at the search Saturday? I have not heard anything about him for sometime.

If someone from St. George set Steven up, I wonder if they brought him back to St. George(because they know the country) and did something with his body there. Any thoughts about this?

Moderator, is there a reason that this case is now listed as "TX NV" ?

Does anyone know if the bones were buried or on top of the ground? In the picture it looks like a man is moving dirt from a shallow depression. I assume if the bones were buried deeply they wouldn't have been seen. I did read "bones" right? As in more than one.

I asked a question this morning, and I did not see an answer, just wondering if Steven's boss from the window washing business was at the search Saturday? I have not heard anything about him for sometime.

If someone from St. George set Steven up, I wonder if they brought him back to St. George(because they know the country) and did something with his body there. Any thoughts about this?

I'm sorry sbakker - if he was there I didn't meet him. I was trying to keep a low profile and do what they asked us to do.

Well, even if the search turned up nothing, at least the case is finally getting some press! Maybe this will bring more awareness and tips.

Does anyone know if the bones were buried or on top of the ground? In the picture it looks like a man is moving dirt from a shallow depression. I assume if the bones were buried deeply they wouldn't have been seen. I did read "bones" right? As in more than one.

I think the digging was as a result of something being found on top. What's interesting is the area they were digging up was not far from Volunteer Road - which is the main road running E/W along this stretch of desert.

I'm not sure if it was a bunch of looky-loos driving by on Saturday, but there was a good amount of traffic out there. Sure would be a risky place to bury someone and I'm positive if a body had been dumped there, it would have been discovered long ago.

Why all of a sudden LARGE bones? It said they found fragment of bone which could be an animals but changing it to large bones makes it sound more like human...they must of gone back that day

Okay, they got a tip to look out there Saturday, but does it take a rocket scientist, to think that might be a good place to look? Unless there was a true reason to look out there. I think we all know it is a obvious place to look. So why did it take so long to look there?

several large bones

Okay, they got a tip to look out there Saturday, but does it take a rocket scientist, to think that might be a good place to look? Unless there was a true reason to look out there. I think we all know it is a obvious place to look. So why did it take so long to look there?

He got the tip/info on Apr 2nd, and searched by himself a few times (on Easter Sunday).

I think the PI's been working hard to put things together for a long time. I don't think he'd have organized a search, unless he had other info.

I think the digging was as a result of something being found on top. What's interesting is the area they were digging up was not far from Volunteer Road - which is the main road running E/W along this stretch of desert.

I'm not sure if it was a bunch of looky-loos driving by on Saturday, but there was a good amount of traffic out there. Sure would be a risky place to bury someone and I'm positive if a body had been dumped there, it would have been discovered long ago.

That's probably why they were digging. If the area is not far off the road, it makes perfect sense.

If someone was parked just off the road, at night, it wouldn't be as suspicious as a car that drives way down in and has its lights on for a long time. If you have a few people, you could probably bury something in a half hour.

I am not trying to be rude, and I wish I could have helped, and thank everybody who did, but if you or I called and gave them a tip to look there, would have they? if there is a tip, does that mean someone knows something, or just a idea to search there?

I am not trying to be rude, and I wish I could have helped, and thank everybody who did, but if you or I called and gave them a tip to look there, would have they? if there is a tip, does that mean someone knows something, or just a idea to search there?

I think they must of have more than a tip....I agree if one of us called and said we think you should search they i doubt they would....Its close enough to where steven was last seen i would of thought it would of been one of the first place they would of looked anyway

The tip about the search area, must have fit in with something else that was known -- and it came from someone known to the PI.

I think a random tipe is put aside until something else fits.

That's probably why they were digging. If the area is not far off the road, it makes perfect sense.

If someone was parked just off the road, at night, it wouldn't be as suspicious as a car that drives way down in and has its lights on for a long time. If you have a few people, you could probably bury something in a half hour.

Someone should have seen something either way.

According to fasteddy4, it's extremely dark out there at night - pitch black I believe is how he put it. If a person or persons were burying something, they wouldn't do it in broad daylight - but they would need some light.

So let's say they're doing this at night. They could use the headlights from their own vehicle, but then they would be visible to passersby on the road. If they parked the vehicle to obstruct the view to what they were doing, they would have needed a flashlight, which would have caught people's attention. Maybe even cause a good samaritan or 2 to stop and ask if they needed help. Definitely NOT the goal.

Either way - that particular spot would be very risky, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vandeu12