NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for answering the questions I had about work or going for a job interview.
What about doing things for recreation or pleasure on Sunday - would it have been okay for him do that? Or is Sunday strictly for prayer and religion?
If it is then whatever was doing that Sunday would be something he believed was related to his faith..

I am LDS. Yes, there are activities on Sunday. Going to dinner at someones home, missionary farewell or homecoming, visiting a ward of a friend. He probably was not going to do things that cost money or go boating. I would not rule out a interview for a job. If the interviewer said Sunday was the only day he could do them....I would say he would have gone.

Doesn't matter, the bureaus would pick that up. This man didn't walk away, and people don't understand how incredibly hard it is to disappear. Not to mention Experian, Transunion, and Equifax will pick it up if someone uses a different name. Very hard to fool them even if you are a professional.

These professionals and non-professionals linked below would disagree...the hard part is avoiding ever being recognized. These people were caught through tips to LE, not by being tracked by the police or the credit reporting agencies.

couple lives for 22 years under assumed names

Mobster lived for 10 years under assumed name

Imposter lives under assumed name in Jewish community for years

70's radical lived in Minnesota under assumed name for over 20 years

Whitey Bulger disappeared for 16 years

Michelle Whitaker found living under assumed name

I could have provided another 20 or 30 examples but I think the few I have listed here make the point sufficiently

I have noticed a new "Barney" character on the Las Vegas Strip recently, posing for pics with the tourists. Can't see his face, but I suppose it could be Steven. There are many such costumed characters on the Strip these days. I doubt any of them are claiming their "earnings" to the IRS.

Is there any info available to substantiate he was gay or is this speculation only? Is there any info on him being unhappy with his life and that he could not simply start anew without this disappearance? I have not read whole thread thanks. It looks like a murder to me and there is a lot of desert with murders past out there.

Is there any info available to substantiate he was gay or is this speculation only? Is there any info on him being unhappy with his life and that he could not simply start anew without this disappearance? I have not read whole thread thanks. It looks like a murder to me and there is a lot of desert with murders past out there.

Well his orientation is just one factor people are suggesting to try and piece together answers to some larger questions. No one, IIRC, has said that he was into women or men definitively, but there have been suppositions that he took off with Susan Powell and or was gay and wanted to get outta Dodge for a more *festive* locale, so pick your preference and work from there.

Well his orientation is just one factor people are suggesting to try and piece together answers to some larger questions. No one, IIRC, has said that he was into women or men definitively, but there have been suppositions that he took off with Susan Powell and or was gay and wanted to get outta Dodge for a more *festive* locale, so pick your preference and work from there.

Thanks.

I'm very familiar with the Susan Powell case - you can scratch that one off the list of possibilities, IMO.

So let's just say he was gay, why not just do a more typical action of moving away from the previous lifestyle into the one he desired - what does going into disappearance solve for him?

Thanks.

I'm very familiar with the Susan Powell case - you can scratch that one off the list of possibilities, IMO.

Susan Powell was just an example to disinfect any notion that we're all agreeing that he was gay. There have been theories that have SK being straight and some that he was gay

So let's just say he was gay, why not just do a more typical action of moving away from the previous lifestyle into the one he desired - what does going into disappearance solve for him?

If that is indeed what he did, I would guess that it would avoid the difficulties of living as a Visigoth in Rome, if you get my drift.

Thanks.

if you look at how some Mormons treat family members who are gay, it would be some logic to disappearing.

of course I do not know for a fact Steven was or is gay, but it's one of those 'do the math' type deals.

if you look at how some Mormons treat family members who are gay, it would be some logic to disappearing.

of course I do not know for a fact Steven was or is gay, but it's one of those 'do the math' type deals.

What you say is true. But after this amount of time, perhaps we should be focusing more on the possibility that Steven is no longer among the living. As much as it hurts me to believe that, it is what it is.

He may not have had anything anyone wanted. But someone wanted something he didn't have. IMO.

Question: Are there any wells around SCA where SK was last seen?

I have a hard time believing he was randomly murdered there. Intentionally lured to be murdered possibly, but unlikely.

But to disappear like this he would have to break the law for a false identity. Leaving a religion and family are possible without such measures - it happens all the time.

This is a murder case, IMO.

But to disappear like this he would have to break the law for a false identity. Leaving a religion and family are possible without such measures - it happens all the time.

This is a murder case, IMO.

To disappear is not illegal - unless you are a fugitive. Steven wasn't a fugitive.

I agree this is a murder case.

Time to connect the dots!

Wells? I doubt it. But there is desert aplenty.

I don't believe it was random.

I was grasping for straws along the line of him accidentally falling into a well. And while I am grasping for straws I recently saw a documentary re: people living in tunnels under downtown LV.

Of course if that was his plan, then ditching the car @ SCA makes no sense. This will require a large slurpee to think through. To the 7/11!!!

I was grasping for straws along the line of him accidentally falling into a well. And while I am grasping for straws I recently saw a documentary re: people living in tunnels under downtown LV.

Of course if that was his plan, then ditching the car @ SCA makes no sense. This will require a large slurpee to think through. To the 7/11!!!

Dude, I've been grasping at straws since day ONE!

I read the book about the folks in the tunnels and one of our awesome posters has been in touch with the author, who remains in touch with those folks. It seems Steven has never shown up there. Not that the tunnels are the only homeless game in town. Not by a long shot.

The dang car in SCA!!!! And the video. Jeez.

The dang car in SCA!!!! And the video. Jeez.

That's another obstacle as much as it is a clue...it seems all our opinions are hung up on parking the car and the video of him walking. But I don't see how that can't be of tremendous significance.

I recall someone had found caretaker positions on Craigslist; if foul play was involved, that seems like a very practical lure...if your thing is luring people to your house to kill them.

Did SK have a printer at home? I mean if he was putting up flyers for a window cleaning service and he's pressed for cash, I don't see him shelling out money he doesn't have at FedEx/Kinko's. Ascertaining the contents of the manila folder he appears to be carrying would be of tremendous value in finding SK.

That's another obstacle as much as it is a clue...it seems all our opinions are hung up on parking the car and the video of him walking. But I don't see how that can't be of tremendous significance.

I recall someone had found caretaker positions on Craigslist; if foul play was involved, that seems like a very practical lure...if your thing is luring people to your house to kill them.

Did SK have a printer at home? I mean if he was putting up flyers for a window cleaning service and he's pressed for cash, I don't see him shelling out money he doesn't have at FedEx/Kinko's. Ascertaining the contents of the manila folder he appears to be carrying would be of tremendous value in finding SK.

(Not arguing, just discussing your point... after all what else is there to do...)
But why lure someone just to kill them? Just a psycho who lures and kills one time?

(Not arguing, just discussing your point... after all what else is there to do...)
But why lure someone just to kill them? Just a psycho who lures and kills one time?

What kind?

Maybe the kind of psycho who lusts after his DIL, videos children thru their bathroom window and exposes his kids to sex and *advertiser censored* at the age of 6?

Maybe someone who needs a patsy to pin his DIL's disappearance on? Someone who tells outrageous tales iand is so narcissistic that it never dawns on him how stupid he looks?

I'm not saying I think a Powell did it, just that there is a Powell who has inserted himself into the Koecher case and is looking loonier by the day!

Law Enforcement had debunked the SP/SK theory, although I get the point some of you are making. There is nothing that indicates they even knew of one another.

No worries. I come here for the discussions too :toastred:

Honestly I have a real hard time with any scenario, save voluntary disappearance. A murder would be either random or planned.

Random Murder - I have a real hard time putting together the circumstances and bad luck that would lead to this. It's not like SK was hitchhiking. Very difficult for me to believe.

Lured by Psycho Killer - Yeah...if you're going to lure people there to kill them, don't pick a guy who might be able to defend himself. And for all you know SK is a Craigslist murderer who answers odd job ads and is coming to kill you. And for the love of Christ, don't have him park where his car will be found.....if they didn't drive off somewhere. This outcome is for me is only marginally more likely, which is to say, IMO, very unlikely too.

Lured by someone he knows - It seems like everyone he knows is at church or in downtown LV and frankly who does he know there in SCA?

I think that's why I still feel his a voluntary disappear....it's the least bizarre of all the possible outcomes. But then again, I am not LE.

Thanks for the reply as it forces me to re-visit what I think has happened and measure against info leading to foul play (which there is certainly some of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads