NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I was on yesterday, and posted the answers to the questions Naegle answered over the weekend - but the thread's been moved since then.
They're always on the web pages, just for continuity.

I'll repost them here under a separate title.

Your questions are good...and you are right. We've asked most of those, in various ways (like #1, #2, - was anything valuable missing) and received no answer.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm browbeating when I send the same questions over and over.

Thoughts?

Hey there

Saw your question page. You have done an amazing job with everything. I had to laugh when people were bickering about newbies on the other thread. They should be reminded that you are a newbie as well and look how much you have contributed!!! Heck, I have been here for almost 5 years and you have almost outposted me already.

Anyway, not sure how else to go about the questions. Maybe ask her if she can let us know if she would like us to stop asking specific questions. The family may be uncomfortable with the answers. Like the passport issue, she might not want people to know a $10,000 ring is missing, because that would lead to thoughts of preplanning. (Folks - the ring is just an example).

Sometimes, I feel like I'm browbeating when I send the same questions over and over.

Thoughts?

I agree. The things I have been most concerned with (GW, for example) have never been really answered. I feel foolish asking the same thing over and over again and surely don't want to put anyone off by doing so. So, I can totally relate to how you're feeling, you just have the privilege of being the messenger also.
:banghead:

Hi - I was on yesterday, and posted the answers to the questions Naegle answered over the weekend - but the thread's been moved since then.
They're always on the web pages, just for continuity.

I'll repost them here under a separate title.

Your questions are good...and you are right. We've asked most of those, in various ways (like #1, #2, - was anything valuable missing) and received no answer.

Thoughts?

In your spare time, could you add #1 and #2 to the unanswered question page? Thanks!!

Steven's father said the Cavalier gas tank was half full. If I am understanding what I am reading re dual/flex fuel......that would mean the CNG tank was empty?

Chevrolet Bi-Fuel Cavalier.....travels 110-plus miles on compressed natural gas before switching automatically to gasoline operation, where it goes for another 300 miles on a tankful.

The Cavalier stores its natural gas supply in a trunk-mounted tank that holds the equivalent of 6.2 gallons of gasoline....

The car is programmed to combust CNG before gasoline and offers the driver no control over this selection other than that which he seizes by choosing to fill, or not fill, the CNG tank.

12/10 Springville, UT $32.88 Flying J Travel Center.....sells CNG
http://www.cngutah.com/faq.html

12/12 Mesquite-Mart Shell, 910 W Mesquite Blvd‎.....does not list CNG as an available fuel....however, if 6.07 indicates gals vs purchase price.....that is the approx amt of fuel the CNG tank holds.
http://www.neworusedcars.org/Listing_Detail/7001828/mesquite-mart-shell.html

Great post Capoly - Great information. Maybe I missed the answer if there was one if his car was flexfuel or not but I thought someone said it takes E85, (is that different than the flex fuel you described?).

Great post Capoly - Great information. Maybe I missed the answer if there was one if his car was flexfuel or not but I thought someone said it takes E85, (is that different than the flex fuel you described?).

Have that same question and cannot seem to find a clear answer. According to the these sites.....

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/noframes/19273.shtml

http://e85.whipnet.net/flex.cars/2003.ffv.html

...the dual/flex fuel a 2003 Cavalier uses is CNG. E85 appears to be a single tank formula. And while some cars have engines specifically designed to utilize E85 fuel, on a number of auto forums posters were saying they used it in regular cars to enhance fuel mileage (not consumption lol).

I have held the theory that Steven was looking for work when he disappeared. But,try as I might, I cannot visualize any scenario that has a potential employer murdering him, either in a home in Anthem, or out on the links. The stats of people murdered while interviewing for a job must be tiny ; in fact I have never heard of it happening.
The family at one time thought Steven might have gone to Brazil, where he had done a mission at one time. He speaks Portrugese, and has his passport with him ; I thought that might have somehow happened. But, then I found out from the Brazilian Consulate that any American entering Brazil MUST have an entry visa. It would have left a very easy paper trail. I wonder if LE or the family have pursued that ?
I also wondered if that actually is Steven on that brief,grainy video. Yes, I know the family thinks it is ... But, the scenthounds never picked up any trace of him at all. Odd.
So, all that's really left is that Steven (if it is him) , was meeting someone,going someplace with someone, in a vehicle. I'm guessing that he walked to a home, and the person(s) was/were waiting for him in the vehicle.

I'm a lurker here but I've wanted to mention for a while that a passport isn't just for travel. You can use a passport as one of the documents that makes you elible for work in the US on the I-9 form.

Sorry I don't have much else to add :(

I'm a lurker here but I've wanted to mention for a while that a passport isn't just for travel. You can use a passport as one of the documents that makes you elible for work in the US on the I-9 form.

Sorry I don't have much else to add :(

Think you added a very good point that I know I had forgotten. Thanks and welcome!

Just saw this Craigslist post. Sorry if it's already been posted.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/com/1562384446.html

I think it's a great idea. Does anyone know who set this up? Who do replies go to? Do we know if any results have come out of it?

I am trying to catch up on the thread so forgive me if this has been answered-this is one of mine. I did the same for St George and Sacramento...99% of what I have been receiving is spam-I will post anything worth following up on!!

Marcyjoy,
Yes, his passport could be used for ID if he had gotten hired. An employer would ask to see some kind of proof of citizenship. Even shady employers would probably do that, IMHO.It could also be used for a main ID to get a Nevada driver's license. I kind of think he was carrying those documents as he was walking.

If he did his mission in Brazil and had friends etc. there, possibly he already had an active visa that would have allowed him into the country. There would be a record but depending on where he flew into, it would be far less obvious than if he had to apply for a visa, etc.

If he did his mission in Brazil and had friends etc. there, possibly he already had an active visa that would have allowed him into the country. There would be a record but depending on where he flew into, it would be far less obvious than if he had to apply for a visa, etc.

he'd have to buy a plane ticket and I would think that the family would have looked over his credit card bills and seen a purchase.

Not sure, but I think he would need a new visa ; it's not a big deal, just another step in the paper trail.
Webrocket, I've thought about Steven's money issues too ; I think he has some good friends in Brazil. They might have bought his ticket.
I wonder if the family has some other information about Steven maybe going to Brazil ; possibly was it on any internet searches of Steven's ?

Not sure about Brazil. Why would he leave the car on a street and then have to work his way to the international airport without any luggage?

I think the family said there was nothing on his computer that they were able to see that might explain his disappearance.

I kind of thought the same thing, is that really him? Did he have someone drop his car there on purpose to throw people off? The whole mission in Brazil and fluent in Portugese red flagged when I read it. Maybe some of the items in the car were to confuse people? It is all just so weird. You want his family to know that he is ok, but what else has been going on for him to just disappear?

I wonder if anyone can weigh in on Steven's personality-did he have the capacity to plan something like this? What I am trying to get to is that planning a disappearance in this fashion sort of leads me to believe that a man who could put his loved ones through this is a man who either felt his choices were limited here or he had a little sadism (maybe the wrong word...) in his makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann