NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
HB, here's where you're going wrong:

Calculation for a one way trip from St. George to Ruby Valley is around 360 miles.

The "around 360 miles" route is via US-93...and since you are basing your calculations on that route occurring four times, you have NO expenditures to add up.

Why? Because all of the receipts/bank account data is from along I-15 and I-80.

If he were trying to get back to St George quickly for temple night, he wouldn't drive all the way to Wendover or Nephi to do the big fill-up. He'd have filled up around Ely....and it's just not there.

What YOU are going through now, is what I went through for days, before it was pointed out to me that MY logic was off.

So now I'm telling you the same thing.

It just doesn't work for him to have been in Ruby Valley on the 9th. No matter how you try to fit the 4" square temple night puzzle piece into the 2" square hole.

I too find it unusual that LE did not speak at all. I would like to hear the whole PC, if we had it. Never know what said just might get someone thinking on.
We now have been informed that the flying out has been
eliminated by the family, but the Exec. Airport has a rental car agency there. Wonder if they could check on who might have rented a car? It could have been someone he was to meet up with.
Maybe thinking the car parked away from the airport/car rental agency would be close, but hopefully, not connected.

The whole presser is here, with the exception of the brother, Dallin's, opening comments. LE didn't speak - except privately to the family before the presser started.

The receipts are not there for YOUR proposed two trips. That's the only conflict.

It looks like my figures hold up pretty well....which is for one round-trip on I-15/I-80, totalling almost 1100 miles.

Your figures hold up pretty well for beginning the trip on Thursday the 10th.---which in conflict with the 9th and 10th by the mother during the presser.

Go back and listen to the video and her accounts of his whereabouts from Tues-Sun. (8th-13th)

Either way, I think we can agree there is a conflict of info here. The info we have does not match what LE and the mother have. If LE has the same info as us---HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

HB, here's where you're going wrong:

The "around 360 miles" route is via US-93...and since you are basing your calculations on that route occurring four times, you have NO expenditures to add up.

Why? Because all of the receipts/bank account data is from along I-15 and I-80.

If he were trying to get back to St George quickly for temple night, he wouldn't drive all the way to Wendover or Nephi to do the big fill-up. He'd have filled up around Ely....and it's just not there.

What YOU are going through now, is what I went through for days, before it was pointed out to me that MY logic was off.

So now I'm telling you the same thing.

It just doesn't work for him to have been in Ruby Valley on the 9th. No matter how you try to fit the 4" square temple night puzzle piece into the 2" square hole.

Your absolutely right. My bad. :blushing:
But, that would cause the difference in gas to increase, measurable more; 540 vs 360 miles. Further proving the receipts facts.

YOUR scenario does not match what the mother said, and I don't think she would put a presser out there with the wrong information, while her husband and LE stood by to let it fly.

Your figures hold up pretty well for beginning the trip on Thursday the 10th.---which in conflict with the 9th and 10th by the mother during the presser.

Go back and listen to the video and her accounts of his whereabouts from Tues-Sun. (8th-13th)

Either way, I think we can agree there is a conflict of info here. The info we have does not match what LE and the mother have. If LE has the same info as us---HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

I don't think it's a problem at all.

Two mothers talked, three weeks after an event, and tried to figure out when it occurred. I think they did great, by pinning it down within 2-3 days.

All they have to pin it down, is a three-week-old event and some bank records/receipts.

While I was trying to figure it out, I was in contact with someone close to the events. Here's what they told me:
"I know that [deleted] they both concluded that it was on Dec 9th, but that is weird about him being in St. George on the 9th around 6:30. "

"Weird"....as in "that's news to me!"

I disagree with their conclusion, and don't know if/when they knew about the temple night. I really do believe it was "new news" in Feb, and there was no reason that knowledge would have been withheld by the family, if they'd known. Remember, they've been so anxious for ANY timeline events, we've got things like Thanksgiving dinner on the timeline.

We here like to think that LE, family members, friends and wardmembers are lurking and watching our every word. But lots of people who are acquainted with Steven, haven't paid that much attention to what's known and what's not.

Does anyone know waht GW does for a living ?

I've actually developed a few contacts in Steven's ward until I start to ask questions about GW and then I get NO replies. One response was "All I know about GW is he is my Elders Quorom president." It's like they are all zombies ( the ones I have emailed any way). If I wasn't LDS myself I would wonder what type CULT these people belong to. I can't imagine how it looks to those non LDSers on here. I promise we're not all like this.:furious:

Your absolutely right. My bad. :blushing:
But, that would cause the difference in gas to increase, measurable more; 540 vs 360 miles. Further proving the receipts facts.

YOUR scenario does not match what the mother said, and I don't think she would put a presser out there with the wrong information, while her husband and LE stood by to let it fly.

You're assuming that he started with an empty tank of gas.

I figure he started with a full tank....and whether he paid cash for it (having had a bit given to him recently) or if it's a "nonsuspicious" receipt, doesn't matter.

The timeline info I have posted fits what the mother said, just fine UNTIL (if ever) we get the actual date/time purchase info for those Wendover and SLC purchases. Then, if there's a conflict....we'll bang heads again.

I might be a few hours off...but the route's good.

I've actually developed a few contacts in Steven's ward until I start to ask questions about GW and then I get NO replies. One response was "All I know about GW is he is my Elders Quorom president." It's like they are all zombies ( the ones I have emailed any way). If I wasn't LDS myself I would wonder what type CULT these people belong to. I can't imagine how it looks to those non LDSers on here. I promise we're not all like this.:furious:

Thank you! :woohoo:

Except for the part when I spit all over my computer. :furious: ;)

May be a good thing Lay, if your timeline doesn't jive with what the media has. It will cause people to question both scenarios and dig deeper for answers----or feel as head banging as we do. LOL

I think from this point on I will have my ears perked for anything LE says---only. :Not holding hand on butt:

May be a good thing Lay, if your timeline doesn't jive with what the media has. It will cause people to question both scenarios and dig deeper for answers----or feel as head banging as we do. LOL

No doubt.

The google site's acting wonky this week, and I'm wondering if the main page is too big. Links keep turning into script and I have to keep reloading.

IF I get some decent quiet time, I'm going to split that main page and then have TWO timelines: Coke Classic and New Coke (so to speak).

Until then, it's my way or your own highway ;)

I do, too.

On the Ruby Valley trip:
If he'd left soon after the temple ceremonies, he'd have about four hours to spare. AND...the Ruby Valley trip would have given him "cover" for his travels. But there's no time for a stop in Sacramento. At all.

Although it's also logical that Ruby Valley was his destination, the OTHER drives (Dec 12th at least as far as Overton) and Dec 13th to Vegas, arouse suspicion.

Earning morning.....or working off a debt?

Of the people you heard from that Steven was Definately in the session...no one said he was late (and if he rents clothing that takes even longer)? No one gave any indication of him being in a hurry to leave? We often did dinner afterwords in my singles ward, and even now in our family ward we go out afterwords. Did he go out? Did everyone else go out and he did not? Surely, with all the driving around that was behind and in front of him, he mentioned something? Since they are not following this blog, there is no reason for them to think that something he said or did made a difference.

Seriously! I agree! My husband had SK's calling for years before he was called as ward mission leader. I know if his President did anything illegal, there was "no special handshake or agreement" that would keep him from talking. This is just really really bizarre.

On that note, I realized yesterday I have a mutual Facebook friend with GW. She said what she knows of him is that he is "flirty, friendly, and VERY sarcastic". She doesn't live in Utah anymore...but she still has useful "profile" access of which past what we saw last there hasn't been any.

Of the people you heard from that Steven was Definately in the session...no one said he was late (and if he rents clothing that takes even longer)? No one gave any indication of him being in a hurry to leave? We often did dinner afterwords in my singles ward, and even now in our family ward we go out afterwords. Did he go out? Did everyone else go out and he did not? Surely, with all the driving around that was behind and in front of him, he mentioned something? Since they are not following this blog, there is no reason for them to think that something he said or did made a difference.

The timeline I have right now, doesn't say he did any driving *before* the temple night.....only after. Temple night just doesn't fit midstream at all.
Take the information and try it for yourself. Make little squares and put them on the floor. (I did that, too!)

Temple night fits like trying to jam Texas into the Colorado square on the map.

Before I changed things around, I did ask if he had mentioned driving...and apparently not. He seemed normal.

And yes, since he DOES rent the temple clothing, that's another strike in the idea that he drove back from Ruby Valley that day. He'd have had to be back what...30 minutes early? That would have given him only 4 hours to drive....(and we're back to the 90-122 mph averages, which did provide some comic relief but disproved the RV on the 9th theory).

Most of what I learned, I got by just bugging them on the ward FB page.

Now the local Fox News station is misquoting what was said about Steven's case being connected to the Powell case. LINK

Quote from story (or should I say MISquote)????

"Police in Henderson and St. George are considering a possible link to the disappearance of Susan Powell, in particular, the miles Josh Powell logged in a rental car. "The reason they were interested is because of that trip that he went around that might have been driving through the area at the same time. It seems far, but we welcom any kinds of information sharing," Deeanne said."

:furious: :banghead: :furious::banghead: :furious::banghead:

Now the local Fox News station is misquoting what was said about Steven's case being connected to the Powell case. LINK

"Police in Henderson and St. George are considering a possible link to the disappearance of Susan Powell, in particular, the miles Josh Powell logged in a rental car. "The reason they were interested is because of that trip that he went around that might have been driving through the area at the same time. It seems far, but we welcom any kinds of information sharing," Deeanne said."

That is a mess.

That is a mess.

Video said there will be more on the connection during their 9pm broadcast. I really didn't understand the written article. Deanne didn't mention it in her interview, so that was probably earlier. But the article says it is the Henderson and St. George police who are thinking of the connection. It has been stated that Josh drove several hundred miles (?) the day of the rental. The day of Susan's disappearance was from 12:30am to 5-6pm that Monday, the 7th. Seventeen hours--supposedly with 2 tots in the car. The day of the rental the kids were with his sister.

Oh for crying out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads