NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yw LaLaw2000!. I tend to think that the dog and the deceased were connected to each other somehow as well and yes, it is sad. It looks, going by the photo of the dog, that he/she was 'roughing it' for quite some time. :(

Because of a previous public request for help, a witness came forward with a photograph of a dog believed to have been owned by the victim. The witness, who does not want their name published, stated that the dog started coming onto her property looking for food about four months prior to the discovery of the body and continued to come onto her property for a couple of months after the discovery of the property. The witness' property is within a half mile of Sand Canyon. At the scene where the body was discovered a broken dog collar was found leading investigators to believe this dog may have been the victim's dog.
http://www.dmvnv.com/news/99-186.htm

OT - Ever since the search for the image on the T-Shirt I've become so interested in Red Tailed Hawks and Great Horned Owls. I check in on these two young Red Tailed Hawks (at first link below) quite often during the day :) - They hatched on March 20 and March 21.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY, CA - ENJOY A FRONT SEAT VIEW INTO A RED-TAILED HAWK NEST CAM!
http://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/red-tail-hawk-cam

And yet to hatch at link below :)

Red-tailed Hawks Location: Ithaca, NY Camera Host: Cornell Lab
http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/16/Red-tailed_Hawks/

I went over all of mmarty’s and lcsodetectives’ posts and compiled a list of names they have ruled out.

John Walter Sallee- (last seen 1994)
James T Dimick- (ruled out based on dentals)
NV Louis Neguelouart- (ruled out based on dentals)
James Ezra Robinson- (ruled out based on age and time)
Robt Bruce Clements- (ruled out based on dentals)
William F. Calvin- (ruled out based on dentals)
Randolph Brookshire (ruled out based on dental records)
NV Randall Lee (ruled out based on dentals.)
Michael Bruce Gove (excluded due to dental records and height)
John William Wagner (arrested in 1993, he can be ruled out)
Wallace Vaughan (excluded due to height and hair color)
Gordon Thomas Page, Jr. (ruled out based on dentals)
Jeremy Bright (ruled out based on DNA.)
John Barreto (ruled out based on dentals)
Daniel Fogg (ruled out based on DNA)
Titanic Hagen (ruled out based on dentals)
Kevin Conner (ruled out based on DNA)
Larry Morris (ruled out via DNA)
Gerald DeWall (ruled out based on DNA)
Michael Meteer (ruled out via DNA)
David Stack (ruled out by both DNA and dental)
Michael Johnston (ruled out based on dentals)
Eric Gammelgard (ruled out based on dentals)
Robert Clements (ruled out based on dental)
Gerald Polk (ruled out based on dental)
Dale Darrow (ruled out based on dental)
Randolph Brookshire (ruled out based on dentals)
Robert Kellar (ruled out on dentals)
William Bishop Jr. (ruled out based on dentals)
Greg Farmer (ruled out based on dentals)
Steven Pearsall (ruled out based on dentals)
Richard Hitchcock (ruled out based on dentals)
Adam Breaux (ruled out based on dentals)
Christopher Huffman (ruled out based on dentals)
Teddy Morris (ruled out based on dentals)
Jack Simmons (Not Considered at this time based on dls)
Michael Smith (ruled out based on dentals)
Richard Ashley (ruled out based on dentals)
Brian Ranken (positively ruled out through dental records)

Harmony2, thank you so much! I triple checked my lists - and found a couple of errors so I was able to correct them!

Thanks--that helps. I'm almost done with 90s (keep seeing a lot of familiar names), so that just leaves the 70s decade and 60s decade. We can either tackle them or wait a bit if the detectives have enough to chew on right now.

I'm not finding much to go on in the 60s. There are a number of missing children who might have grown up into this man but I don't know if we want to start looking into that until all the other leads have dried up, since there's nothing to indicate it's likely.

Carbuff - if you're around, what decade searches did you do in the Charley Project? (Or wenwe4, maybe you know or remember what has been done, decade-wise?)

I'm thinking since the individual states are only coming up with about 1 person not all ready on the list, that maybe it'd be best to switch to a "missing decade" search for getting the rest of the names. If anyone out there is interested in helping, we can divvy them up by decade...(1990s - I'm almost done with those, 1980s, 1970s, and 1960s).

I didn't do decades in Charley. I searched on men with red hair (and various synonyms like strawberry and auburn) and included everybody who was tall enough.

I started on the 60's after reading your post, however. Not finding much so far.

I'm not finding much to go on in the 60s. There are a number of missing children who might have grown up into this man but I don't know if we want to start looking into that until all the other leads have dried up, since there's nothing to indicate it's likely.

Yes, plus I'm finding there is not as much detail in the older listings--not enough to go on.

Just checking in to see if there have been any updates from LEO or more Rule Outs. Anxiously waiting to see if any of our hard work is paying off toward step 1 - Getting this person identified and home to loved ones.

I am hoping there have been tips and leads called in based upon the image on the tee, and those will provide needed info to solve this case.

Try looking for long time wanted fugitives. There are many who have been 'WANTED" for years and years.

I'm still looking for local and regional MP listings. I don't have any expertise with fugitives...so if you do, please feel free to jump in.

I was gone from this thread for a few days. I was working on Oregon local sites missing, county by county. I hadn't quite finished. Does this need finishing up?

Well, I'm still looking in New England, which is pretty unlikely. :) So I'd say yeah, it's worth doing, if only to make sure there isn't anybody.

I really think our UID had a camp there and that was his dog. I'm thinking he was someone that somebody stumbled upon when he was sleeping. Hence, Only wearing underwear and a tshirt in a blanket when he was attacked. May have even been someone he invited to camp there. Or someone who stole and hid that car that was found nearby and stumbled on UID's camp. Don't know why he would have been killed though unless the person was startled by the dog and reacted. So, if our UID was somebody camped there, does that help us narrow down prospects? Like, who on our missing list likely walked away from their life? Also highly likely that the UID was never reported missing by anyone. THAT would be a shame.

I was gone from this thread for a few days. I was working on Oregon local sites missing, county by county. I hadn't quite finished. Does this need finishing up?

If you are willing - it certainly cannot hurt.

There are many people reported missing years (decades?) later as they were "voluntarily missing", where friends and family didn't get concerned until a relative of the missing became ill or near death.

I was reading the NaMus file again re Thomas Blake - and the Jennifer Downs that he was last seen in the company of was described in that file as being 31 years old (he was 30, born in 1957). But the Charley Project's listing of a missing Jennifer Joyce Downs from Hemet, CA, lists her birthday as Sept 4, 1970. So either these are two different Jennifer Downs from California, or someone has a birthdate wrong.

Here is Godwin's FBI most wanted poster:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/glen-stewart-godwin

I do not find him on Namus, I have no information on dentals or dna but I assume fingerprints were taken (not that it helps much in this case).

259) Godwin, Glen S 6’0 black/gray DOB 1958 MSG 1991 (p1836,1837, 1838) No Namus: unk dental/dna on FBI’s Most Wanted list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304