Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

It cost money, so unknown if the State will spend the money to make it happen. I suggested it is the best bet we have right now at a possible ID on our Sand Canyon John Doe.

Hi Mike

Great to see you're still around and taking an interest in the case. If funding is a problem from your end DDP might take the case on with a Doe Fund Me to raise the money from public donations.

I am here and I am tracking. I now work for the Douglas County District Attorney's Office, but still monitor this case. What is needed? If you need to contact me you can reach me at mmarty@douglas.nv.gov

Reading through, I did reach out to the DNA Doe Project and then passed the info on to the person at the State of Nevada, Investigation Division who could make that happen. It cost money, so unknown if the State will spend the money to make it happen. I suggested it is the best bet we have right now at a possible ID on our Sand Canyon John Doe.

I'm glad to see that you're still around :)

The t-shirt that we identified is linked to a specific location in San Francisco, CA that sold them in the late 80's early 90's, they were also available in a hiking catalog around that time, which shipped all over the world and is no longer in business.
I just read about this case and am wondering if you ever published the results of the Chemical Isotopes testing?

....yes, we posted them a while back. I'd have to go hunting for them now, but I do believe they are on here.

Have you or would you consider to contact DNA Doe Project? They are quite well know and very reputable non for profit organization solving cold Unidentified cases by forensic genealogy. Progress in case is definitely guaranteed.

They are very busy as it is but they do consider cases when approached directly by Law Enforcement of the case and they did work with quite a few in the past.

Link to their FB page - DNA Doe Project

Are the detectives who were posting on this thread still investigating this case? (I notice they haven’t been active for several months) Does anyone know?

I should have been checking more often. Namus now lists a bunch of ruleouts.

MP28380 David Black missing 08/26/1991 from San Francisco CA
MP28352 DONALD COWAN missing 12/21/1982 from Clark County NV
MP24522 Noel Davis missing 11/01/1915 from Washoe NV
Brenton Garmire missing from San Francisco CA (not in Namus, apparently)
MP8377 John Kreyche missing 12/10/1991 from San Diego CA
MP7850 Douglas Meer missing 03/29/1982 Boulder CO
MP1428 Barry Obrian missing 02/01/1992 from Santa Cruz CA
MP28224 Brian Ranken missing 10/18/1991 from El Dorado CA
MP17935 JAMES SHAW missing 05/04/1971 from Clark County, NV
MP29973 Joseph Stuart missing 09/06/1991 from Orange County CA
MP4804 Danney Woosley missing 08/25/1985 from Washoe County NV

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm going to create a thread for Exclusions later, unless somebody gets to it before I do.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back