NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
D, all of the above, without question. (Did you hear Trump, at a recent rally, suggested that the man who has recently been convicted of the attempted murder of the husband of Nancy Pelosis was having a secret gay affair with him? He has sunk to the level of depravity now)
Seriously? Has Elon Musk endorsed Trump?

JMO

D, all of the above, without question. (Did you hear Trump, at a recent rally, suggested that the man who has recently been convicted of the attempted murder of the husband of Nancy Pelosis was having a secret gay affair with him? He has sunk to the level of depravity now)

I need to modify the pop quiz to include option E:

E. All of the above + a depraved &%@*

(Imo.)

I need to modify the pop quiz to include option E:

E. All of the above + a depraved &%@*

(Imo.)
I think this is now an essential modification. An elderly man attacked in his own home with a hammer is now campaign (smear) fodder. Today I am having a break from the Trump experience. I shudder to think what will be next.

Friday, Dec. 8th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 42) (@ 10am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23. (could last until 12/22/23 per Judge). Closing arguments on 1/11/24.
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace, Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert PLLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.
New York appellate court temporarily paused gag orders on Thursday, 11/16/23 & NY AG Letitia James & representatives for Judge Arthur Engoron have until Wednesday, 11/22/23 to file a response to the appellate judge's stay of the limited gag order imposed last month on Trump by Engoron, according to the appellate judge's order. Trump's reply is then due on 11/27/23 before the appellate court decides whether to fully lift the gag order. The civil fraud trial is expected to wrap up in mid-December.
Trump’s request for an expedited grant of leave to appeal the gag orders in his civil fraud trial was denied Monday (12/5/23) afternoon. Trump still has an avenue to appeal the decision to a higher court; however, the effort will take longer than his lawyers would like. Trump’s lawyers now face a deadline of Monday, Dec. 11 to file their papers to the First Department.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-40 (10/2-12/5/23) reference post #307 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-16

12/7/23 Update: A panel of five appellate judges has affirmed a judge's 10/6/23 decision that paused the dissolution of the Trump Organization. Judge Peter Moulton issued a ruling during the first week of the trial pausing the immediate cancellation of Trump's business certificates, as ordered by Judge Arthur Engoron in his partial summary judgment ruling on the eve of the trial. Today's ruling formally pushes a decision on the fate of the Trump Organization into the new year, when Engoron issues his final ruling in the case.
12/7/23 Thursday, Trial Day 41: Defense witness: NYU accounting professor Eli Bartov.
State attorneys objected to the relevance of Bartov's opinion, but Judge Engoron denied the objection.
In his pretrial summary judgment ruling, Judge Engoron dismissed Trump's argument that disclaimer clauses protect him from allegations of fraud. While multiple defense witnesses have attempted to rebut Engoron's opinion about Trump's use of disclaimer clauses, the judge has signaled he stands by his opinion. "My summary judgment is the law of the case on the legal effect of this paragraph or these sentences," Engoron said in response to Bartov's testimony, adding that the clauses "would not insulate the client." Nevertheless, Trump attorney Chris Kise requested that Engoron reconsider his finding. "I am fairly liberal in reconsidering my opinions," Engoron said before Bartov resumed his testimony.
Bartov is set to continue his testimony on Friday, with Trump scheduled to take the stand as the defense's final witness on Monday.
For more info see post #313 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-16
Bench Trial continues on Friday, 12/8/23.

An accounting expert who came to Donald Trump’s defense in his $250m fraud has racked up nearly $900,000 in fees for his testimony, a court heard on Friday.

In a deposition taken in July, Bartov disclosed that he was being paid $1,350 an hour to work on the case. In court, he said he had now worked about 650 hours on the case, which would total $877,500.

Questioned by lawyers for New York’s attorney general, Bartov said the money had come from the Trump Organization and the former president’s political action committee, Save America.

An accounting expert who came to Donald Trump’s defense in his $250m fraud has racked up nearly $900,000 in fees for his testimony, a court heard on Friday.

In a deposition taken in July, Bartov disclosed that he was being paid $1,350 an hour to work on the case. In court, he said he had now worked about 650 hours on the case, which would total $877,500.

Questioned by lawyers for New York’s attorney general, Bartov said the money had come from the Trump Organization and the former president’s political action committee, Save America.

Ma and Pop MAGA America, send in more donations!

The NY Times is reporting that two people with knowledge of his decision not to testify said it is because his lawyers were concerned that it would do more harm than good. And that while trump thinks he can often talk himself out of trouble, this time he has heeded the advice.

@NewYorkStateAG

Donald Trump already testified in our fraud case against him.Whether or not he testifies again tomorrow, we have already proven that he committed years of financial fraud and unjustly enriched himself.No matter how much he tries to distract from reality, the facts don’t lie.

@NewYorkStateAG

Donald Trump already testified in our fraud case against him.Whether or not he testifies again tomorrow, we have already proven that he committed years of financial fraud and unjustly enriched himself.No matter how much he tries to distract from reality, the facts don’t lie.

We all know what he would say: The banks were happy, my properties are beautiful, my financial statements have disclaimers.

jmo

We all know what he would say: The banks were happy, my properties are beautiful, my financial statements have disclaimers.

jmo
Nah, not enough superlatives!

More like: Everybody says they’ve never seen the banks so happy, no one can believe it how happy they are, my properties are the most beautiful in the world, people say they’ve never seen such beautiful properties, my financial statements are perfect, everybody says they’ve never seen such perfect statements.

Nah, not enough superlatives!

More like: Everybody says they’ve never seen the banks so happy, no one can believe it how happy they are, my properties are the most beautiful in the world, people say they’ve never seen such beautiful properties, my financial statements are perfect, everybody says they’ve never seen such perfect statements.
You made me laugh! You have his personality nailed!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back