GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

September 18, 2016
11:30 PM EST

Dozens injured in an explosion in New York City

Twenty-nine people were injured after a dumpster blew up in the city's Chelsea neighborhood on Saturday night. A second device was later found and removed.

THE LATEST: Several were taken into custody on Sunday night with possible connection to the incident.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/777323196760596480

Great twitter page with lots of information, details of moments happenings

Another question - if they were traveling east off the bridge (not sure they were on the bridge when caught - were they?) ...would this be a logical route to Brooklyn from New Jersey? Just really curious what they were doing THERE and where they were headed.

jmo

Yes. The most logical. Lots of traffic on a sunday. But that's the norm.
They could be going anywhere. Literally. NYC. Queens. Brooklyn. Long Island. CT. So many options.

What, how, when did this happen and I missed it???

RECAP: A suspicious package at the NJT station in Elizabeth that has officials very concerned. NJT & Amtrak service suspended in area.

​Did I not go back far enough and read??
:thinking:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter

**shoot myself I keep forgetting to post my source** ;)

If they were at NJT stations, it is possible they were heading east to hit LIRR stations.

What, how, when did this happen and I missed it???

RECAP: A suspicious package at the NJT station in Elizabeth that has officials very concerned. NJT & Amtrak service suspended in area.

​Did I not go back far enough and read??
:thinking:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter

**shoot myself I keep forgetting to post my source** ;)

I really hope the suspicious package ends up being nothing...people are noticing things, which is good, but could also be false alerts. I hope that is the case here.

Tomorrow morning's commute might be a challenge.

jmo

BI to NBC News: Traffic stop near Verrazano Bridge was related to Saturday's bombing in Manhattan - @jonathan4ny

Ewwwww something eerie:

Syed Farook drove an SUV :flashback:

jmo

Investigation on 23rd must be wrapping up....

NYCT SubwayVerified account
‏@NYCTSubway
#ServiceAlert: b/d; 1 train station stops at 23 St & 28 St has been restored. 23 St NE stairway remains closed, use SE stairway instead.

Thanks for all your updates everyone you are putting the news networks to shame.

Thanks for all your updates everyone you are putting the news networks to shame.

That's the truth. I came here and had all kinds of new info to give the family and they had watched CNN. :) Stay safe everyone.

NJ TRANSIT @NJTRANSIT
#NEC rail service is temporarily suspended between Newark Airport and Elizabeth stations due to police activity near Elizabeth.
10:38 PM - 18 Sep 2016

So, our locations in this case are:

Seaside Park, NJ: bomb on Saturday, at the start of the Marine Corps race

Chelsea, Manhattan, NYC, 23rd Street bomb exploded, 27th Street, bomb device found. Saturday

Brooklyn side of Verazzano bridge: Arrest, SUV with weapons inside. Sunday.

Elizabeth, NJ train station: pipe bombs found Sunday

I'm so confused?????? :pullhair:

I don't understand, one says something and the other link is different! Someone save meh!

jmo

I believe the pipe bombs in Elizabeth ARE the suspicious package. The Daily News is reporting that.

So, our locations in this case are:

Seaside Park, NJ: bomb on Saturday, at the start of the Marine Corps race

Chelsea, Manhattan, NYC, 23rd Street bomb exploded, 27th Street, bomb device found. Saturday

Brooklyn side of Verazzano bridge: Arrest, SUV with weapons inside. Sunday.

Elizabeth, NJ train station: pipe bombs found Sunday

And then there is St. Cloud, MN. Not sure that is connected, but because of the timing, I think we need to consider it.

I can't find an update on this anywhere! [video=twitter;777642371227979776]https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/777642371227979776[/video] It's not super duper close to the bridge, so I doubt it's directly related? The other alert was cancelled last night when they figured out it was a suitcase full of trash (...) 99% sure it's going to be a false alarm as well, I would just like the confirmation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back