NY NY - Alice Parsons: Heiress, Long Island, 1937

What an interesting story!! Did you ever cOmplete and publish your book Marilyn?? I would love to read it!!!

What an interesting story!! Did you ever cOmplete and publish your book Marilyn?? I would love to read it!!!

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in replying. I've been out of commission for a few months due to health reasons and am just now getting back "up to speed". Hopefully everything will take place this year!

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in replying. I've been out of commission for a few months due to health reasons and am just now getting back "up to speed". Hopefully everything will take place this year!

I found this case very interesting and it left me wanting to know more. Looking forward to your book and more posting about this case. Hope you feel better soon!

I found this case very interesting and it left me wanting to know more. Looking forward to your book and more posting about this case. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks so much, I'm feeling better and getting back to work on Alice's story. It seems like there is always just one more thing to research, one more fact to check. I need to cut it off at some point, or I'll never finish!

When I researched this case at the National Archives, everything was kept under Anna Kuprianova's name, even though most of the documents refrred to Alice Parsons and/or William Parons. There were eight boxes, and I found out some very "juicy" stuff about Anna and William Parsons, as well as information about Anna's ex-husband who just happened to live a few miles away from the Parsons home at the time Alice disappeared.

More to come.....

Thanks so much, I'm feeling better and getting back to work on Alice's story. It seems like there is always just one more thing to research, one more fact to check. I need to cut it off at some point, or I'll never finish!

When I researched this case at the National Archives, everything was kept under Anna Kuprianova's name, even though most of the documents refrred to Alice Parsons and/or William Parons. There were eight boxes, and I found out some very "juicy" stuff about Anna and William Parsons, as well as information about Anna's ex-husband who just happened to live a few miles away from the Parsons home at the time Alice disappeared.

More to come.....

Marilyn - I was so happy to see you post here. Can't wait for more. As a fellow writer, I KNOW what you mean about the "just a bit more research" issue. I am working through that right now on my own work in progress.
<Sigh>

Marilyn - I was so happy to see you post here. Can't wait for more. As a fellow writer, I KNOW what you mean about the "just a bit more research" issue. I am working through that right now on my own work in progress.
<Sigh>

It's nice to know I'm not alone! And thanks for the encouragement!!

More to come.....

Nice to know you are feeling better. :)
Do you have a link to this National Archives??
Can't wait to read more of what you have on this case :)

What an interesting thread! So glad I came across it. Can't wait to read the book!

Sorry for not reading the whole thing, this might have already be mentioned, but what about this:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/244ufny.html

It says 20-25 years but then in the description it says the bones had been there for "several decades"

Alice has good dental hygiene, in fact had a couple of gold teeth. So that probably rules this woman out as far as Alice is concerned.

But that was a good find, I'm glad you posted it!

Regarding Roy, I have not had any luck tracking him down. I don't know if he kept the name Parsons as he got older, or if he's going by Kuprianova, or Cooper (another name Anna used).

Just a tip -- if he went back to the Russian name, then he would likely have called himself Kuprianov, rather than Kuprianova. Russian surnames have gender: a feminine ending is added to a surname when it is used by a woman, but not by a man. (Hence Anna Karenina is married to Alexei Karenin, while Count Vronsky's mother is Countess Vronskaya).

Just a tip -- if he went back to the Russian name, then he would likely have called himself Kuprianov, rather than Kuprianova. Russian surnames have gender: a feminine ending is added to a surname when it is used by a woman, but not by a man. (Hence Anna Karenina is married to Alexei Karenin, while Count Vronsky's mother is Countess Vronskaya).

Actually, three years ago I did track down Roy Parsons, who had died a couple of years before that. I spoke to his widow, Allyn, who promised to send me some photos but then changed her mind. She said Roy did not like talking about that part of his life, and she felt he wouldn't want me to have any family photos. Rotten luck on my part, but I can understand her wanting to respect her late husband's wishes.

She told me that Roy had to write hundreds of pages of various words for the FBI, who felt Roy had written the ransom letter. She didn't know if he was ever ruled out officially, but claims he had nothing to do with it.

She also told me that Anna Kuprianova Parsons was a very difficult person to like. But she doesn't think Anna had any involvement in Alice's death. On that issue, she and I definitely do not agree!

Anna died in California sometime in the 90's, I believe, but I'm not certain. I'd have to dig through several boxes to find my notes.

By the way, Roy was an artist and Allyn runs a gallery in Dallas, Texas. I thought about purchasing one of his paintings, but they were a little to pricey for me.

Wow, this is an interesting case! Thanks for sharing all of this Marilyn, and I would love to read your book!

:rose: Alice is our featured cold case from 12/17/2012 to 12/23/2012 :rose:

:great::great:

OMG, Kimster, you are the greatest! I am really looking forward to sharing ideas about this case.

Yay... I'm so happy this is the featured case. I would love to read more more.
I wish Roy's wife was willing to give up a little more information.

Yay... I'm so happy this is the featured case. I would love to read more more.
I wish Roy's wife was willing to give up a little more information.

I may try contacting Allyn Parsons and see if she might reconsider. She was dealing with health issues at the time I spoke with her (breast cancer).

I'm originally from Dallas and have offered to meet with her when I'm come home to visit, but she doesn't seem very interested in doing that.

I'm so thrilled that this is the featured case.:great:

I have not done any research on William Parsons, Anna Kuprianova-Parsons or Roy Parsons and their lives after they moved to California. That is my next project, to begin this weekend.

I believe the adoption went through, but will need to confirm it.

Roy Kupryanova-Parsons, born in 1926 in Kent (just outside London) England, in 1926. With a birthname of Soni? Died in Dallas, Texas.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=42&gsln=Soni&gsln_x=XO

English census records should reveal exactly who lived in the household at the time.

ETA: I know the age is totally wrong, but this is such a coincidence I had to post it.
ETA: No, the age isn't wrong. This child would have been 5 in 1931. I'm leaving before I humiliate myself anymore!

One more thing- Kent in the 1920s; depending on what part, people there either lived in quite rural surroundings and made their living from growing hops for beer, or they lived in very rough, poor neighbourhoods near the docks. The London Dock areas were very tough, and full of immigrants from all over the world who sort of moved into the nearest place where they had disembarked from their ships. Loads from Russia from 1917-1937, fleeing from the turmoils there.

'Russian and European migration 1900-1939'

'Until the second world war, the main migration concern was destitute Russians and Europeans, displaced by the Russian Revolution, the first world war..'

http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/Collections-Research/Research/Your-Research/X20L/Themes/1386/

Roy Kupryanova-Parsons, born in 1926 in Kent (just outside London) England, in 1926. With a birthname of Soni? Died in Dallas, Texas.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=42&gsln=Soni&gsln_x=XO

English census records should reveal exactly who lived in the household at the time.

ETA: I know the age is totally wrong, but this is such a coincidence I had to post it.
ETA: No, the age isn't wrong. This child would have been 5 in 1931. I'm leaving before I humiliate myself anymore!

You are absolutely right, that is Anna's son Roy. Soni was the last name of the man who may have been Roy's father. Anna gave various accounts of who Roy's father actually was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back