NY NY - Andre Bryant, 6 wks, Brooklyn, 29 March 1989

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by aussiegran, Mar 25, 2006.

1. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

[size=+1]ANDRE TERRENCE BRYANT[/size]
    Case Type: Non Family Abduction
    DOB: Feb 17, 1989
    Sex: Male
    Missing Date: Mar 29, 1989
    Race: Black
    Age Now: 17
    Height: 1'7" (48 cm)
    Missing City: BROOKLYN
    Weight: 10 lbs (5 kg)
    Missing State : NY
    Hair Color: Black
    Missing Country: United States
    Eye Color: Brown
    Case Number: NCMC721896
    Circumstances: Andre's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. He was last seen with his mother, who was later found deceased. Mother and child had left their residence at about 2 p.m. to go shopping with two black female acquaintances in a burgundy Pontiac Grand Am, possibly with Maryland tags

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=721896&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

4. Bobby88

Bobby88 Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_andre.html

The Charley Project gives a lot more information on the circumstances of Andre's mother Monique's shopping trip with these two unknown women. Based on what Monique allegedly told her sister-in-law about the women using a fraudulent credit cards to make the purchases, could these women have killed Monique to steal her identity or because she may have tried to talk them into turning themselves in for fraud? If so, where's Andre?

It's probably more likely, however, that Andre was the target all along and that the shopping trips were just a ploy to get him from his mother and when she resisted, they killed her and took Andre.

5. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

6. Niq

Niq Member

Andre is probably being raised by the woman who killed his mother to have him. Can you imagine the psychological trauma that will sequel if this case is ever solved? Jesus.

I hope it is solved, though. Andre's mother and father had two other sons together. The father and sons deserve truth, justice and peace!

I hope Andre is still alive, becomes very suspicious of his true identity, and comes across his baby pic from 1989! I hope he becomes stunned by the resemblance and contacts the NCMEC. I hope his abductor/mother's killer PAYS for the unfathomable pain that she has brought on this family.

Please let there be a miracle.

Attached Files:

7. Bobby88

Bobby88 Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?

Here's a 1989 article: http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/05/nyregion/search-for-brooklyn-baby-expands.html

I did find another old article about the case and Monique's sister-in-law Pat Bryant (who babysat the other two kids while she took Andre shopping) stated that she thought Monique mentioned knowing one of the two women from back in middle school, but that she never gave a specific name. I believe her mother was also quoted as saying that Monique was not streetwise in any sense of the word. Some people are just very trusting and naive. It's sad that she died for it and had her son kidnapped.

Although I believe that Andre's case is likely connected to Shane Walker and Christopher Dansby, I can't help but feeling that Andre's case was by far the most preventable. If Monique told her sister-in-law that these women had bought her clothes with fake credit cards, how did she not know that was illegal? Doesn't "fake credit card" speak for itself? Then she went to do more shopping the next day, presumably with more phony credit cards and gave into the women's insistence that she take her baby with them. Basically, she was bringing her child with her to commit a crime. Although, I think we can all agree that while her getting caught and arrested with her baby in tow would have been terrible, it would have been far more preferable than what ultimately happened.

8. MicheleT

MicheleT Well-Known Member

9. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

1989 cold case of murdered mom, missing baby spurs sister to ignore danger

[​IMG]

Read more here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/0...ssing-baby-spurs-sister-to-ignore-danger.html

10. Gardener1850

[h=1]Brooklyn father thinks baby-selling ring snatched his infant[/h]
    http://pix11.com/2013/12/12/brooklyn-dad-thinks-baby-selling-ring-snatched-his-infant/

11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Relatives said Ms. Rivera and her three sons had gone shopping with at least one of the women on March 28. On that trip the woman bought Ms. Rivera an outfit at a store called Canadians, said Eva Bryant, Mr. Bryant's sister.

The police confirmed that a pair of gold slacks and a black blouse had been purchased for Ms. Rivera, but said it was unclear where they had been bought, although they were in a plastic bag from Canadians.

Ms. Bryant said one of her sisters told her that the woman seemed especially interested in Andre on March 28. ''She kept saying, 'Let me see the baby. Let me hold the baby,' '' Ms. Bryant said. 'I Just Don't Understand It'

Ms. Bryant, who said that the woman told Ms. Rivera that they would go shopping ''up in White Plains'' on March 29, said she found the circumstances of the trips strange.

''Monique had her own money to buy clothes,'' Ms. Bryant said.

Mr. Bryant said he had been upset with his wife when she showed him the new outfit on March 28. ''I didn't think it was right,'' he said, sitting on a couch in his apartment and staring sadly at a stack of pictures of his wife and his youngest son. ''I didn't think it was right, because nobody gives you anything for nothing.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/05/nyregion/search-for-brooklyn-baby-expands.html?mcubz=3

12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Administrator

13. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl Well-Known Member

This is an awful article. Disrespectful to the family, doesn't explain any details of the actual case, and even gets Andre's last name wrong. Ugh.
    Charley Project link for this case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_andre.html

Also, he has a thread already on here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?130040-NY-Andre-Bryant-6-wks-Brooklyn-29-March-1989 Although I can understand why a search wouldn't have brought this information up, since they got his name wrong.

14. Gardener1850

Thank you, I searched for a thread and was baffled that I couldn't find it.

15. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Active Member

Really sad case, Bumping for Andre

Other black kids dissapeared almost at the same time and place.

Jeremiah Huger, abducted by a black male at a playground on bronx 1985
    The Doe Network: Case File 175DMNY

Christopher Dansby abducted in harlem 1989 at a playground
    Christopher Milton Dansby – The Charley Project

Shane Walker, abducted from the same park as Dansby in 1989
    The Doe Network: Case File 135DMNY

Sharaun Cole, missing from manhattan 1983

The Doe Network: Case File 86DFNY

Equilla Hodrick, missing from Bronx 1985

The Doe Network: Case File 187DFNY

Marlene Santana, abducted 1985 by hispanic couple

The Doe Network: Marlene Santana - 400DFNY