NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

Audrey's case was just featured on the Unfound podcast. Her friend Marie Parker and her daughter Sonsia were both interviewed.

Something interesting that was discussed, was in addition to the video footage of Audrey's jeep leaving the nursing facility, there is apparently another video which showed a black SUV that appeared to be parked or stopped on the bridge on RT-32, near the JR Transmissions shop. Audrey's friend, Marie spoke to the owner of the Automotive business and he also confirmed it.

Perhaps this is why some agencies report that Audrey disappeared from Cairo, NY, the JR Transmissions shop is located in Cairo.

Listening to it now!

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

audrey_may_herron.png

Around 11 p.m. on August 29, 2002, Audrey May Herron left work in Catskill, New York. She was supposed to pick her daughter up from her mother’s house the next day, but she never arrived. Police would later learn Audrey, then 31, had never made it home from work. Neither Audrey nor her car, a 1994 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, has been seen since. Authorities suspect foul play in Audrey’s disappearance, but add they don’t have evidence to prove that Audrey is either alive or dead. If you have any information on Audrey’s whereabouts, please contact the New York State Police at (518) 622-8600.

I tend to think that in cases where the vehicle is not found that they are almost certainly in a body of water. There are so many areas that have guardrails now that didn't 20 years ago. An analysis and search of water near her known location and intended destination is most important now. Amateur divers on youtube are looking for these cases.

I tend to think that in cases where the vehicle is not found that they are almost certainly in a body of water. There are so many areas that have guardrails now that didn't 20 years ago. An analysis and search of water near her known location and intended destination is most important now. Amateur divers on youtube are looking for these cases.
I tend to agree. I suspect that the vehicle is in a body of water that was already checked but that the vehicle was missed for some reason. (Maybe it went into a hole in the lakebed; maybe it went farther from shore than the searchers anticipated; etc.)

That's if was an accident; if her husband (or anyone else) killed her and disposed of the vehicle in a body of water, then it could be anywhere.

This sounds like a good case for Adventures with Purpose. I wonder if they've ever been approached?
I’m a local to the catskill area, Im actually the same age as her youngest and know people who were personal friends of the family. I along with others, have reached out to AWP a number of times and only get the same generic response. “We already have audreys name and we are looking further into her case”. I think more people need to be made aware of her case in order to grab their attention the way it’s needed. Personally I’ve been researching her case and doing my own foot searches since I was 16 and I’ve only ever been able to speculate or conspire. I hope she’s found for the sake of her family.

PRESS RELEASE

DSC_0891.JPG

Maurer’s Lake
DSC_0897(1).JPG

Catskill Creek

DSC_0902.JPG
Potuck Reservoir
On May 5, 2022, the New York State Police in Catskill along with members of the New York State Police Underwater Recovery Team (URT), conducted a search detail at Maurer’s Lake and Potuck Reservoir, which are both located on Schoharie Turnpike in Earlton, and a portion of the Catskill Creek in South Cairo. This was a result of information that was reported in relation to the Audrey Herron Missing Person Case from 2002. No evidence or information was developed from this search. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Audrey Herron, please call the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Catskill at 518-622-8600.

Her oldest daughter, Sonsia Court, was just 10 when her mom went missing.

She still remembers the last conversation she had with her mom. It happened while she was returning from a month away with her grandmother. They were in Florida, and returned home to Greene County, on August 29, 2002.

Sonsia’s mom was supposed to pick her up the next day, but she never made it.

She remembers the moment her grandmother pulled her aside, and the instant feeling that something was wrong.

Sonsia is getting married next weekend. She has seat at her wedding reserved for her mom.

We've seen a number of cases now where Adventures with Purpose has found vehicles and bodies that were missed by LE. In the Kiely Rodni case, LE had searched the lake with sonar and still missed her. I think that it is highly likely that Audrey is submerged in her vehicle in a body of water already searched and cleared by LE.

Adventure's with Purpose is in Catskill today diving to search for Audrey. (Audrey's daughter posted on the Missing Mother of Audrey May Turk Herron FB page)

Nothing posted about the search on Adventures with Purpose's website, but check back

Adventure's with Purpose is in Catskill today diving to search for Audrey. (Audrey's daughter posted on the Missing Mother of Audrey May Turk Herron FB page)

Nothing posted about the search on Adventures with Purpose's website, but check back
2933B8FD-FB37-4F16-ACDB-4DE43069900F.png

Well, Audrey's vehicle is still missing.

I see a couple of different possibilities. One is that she might not have been heading directly home—for reasons known only to her—so she could have gone into the water on a route that no one has thought to check.

Another possibility is that she met with foul play, in which case her body could have been placed in her vehicle, and the vehicle could have been disposed of in a body of water far from any route that she would have taken. I hope that Adventures with Purpose will make a second attempt at checking bodies of water in the surrounding area.

DEC 5, 2022

Audrey May Herron

audrey_may_herron.jpg

Around 11:00 p.m. on August 29, 2002, Audrey May Herron left work in Catskill, New York. She was supposed to pick her daughter up from her mother’s house the next day, but she never arrived. Police would later learn Audrey, then 31, had never made it home from work. Neither Audrey nor her car, a 1994 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, has been seen since. Authorities suspect foul play in Audrey’s disappearance, but add they don’t have evidence to prove that Audrey is either alive or dead. According to local coverage, in May of 2022, New York State Police sent divers to search three bodies of water in Green County, including Catskill Creek but did not recover any further evidence. Dateline reached out to the state police in November of 2022 to learn what led to those areas being searched, but has not yet heard back. If you have any information on Audrey’s whereabouts, please contact the New York State Police at (518) 622-8600.

Police searching for Samantha Humphrey pull car from Mohawk

While searching for an unrelated missing person, police found and pulled a vehicle from the Mohawk river that has been down there for "years or decades". The article makes no mention of a connection to Audrey, but the pictures look roughly like a black SUV of some kind. Maybe someone can identify the make and model based on the rear window?

Police searching for Samantha Humphrey pull car from Mohawk

While searching for an unrelated missing person, police found and pulled a vehicle from the Mohawk river that has been down there for "years or decades". The article makes no mention of a connection to Audrey, but the pictures look roughly like a black SUV of some kind. Maybe someone can identify the make and model based on the rear window?
Schenectady is about 43 miles from Audrey's home in Freehold, and it's in the opposite direction from Catskill.

I doubt this vehicle is Audrey's Jeep, but if it is, then the location would point to foul play.

Offhand, the roof looks too short to me to be from a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is a fairly long vehicle. As for the color, I think that it's pretty difficult to tell from the pictures.

I have never heard her purse and credit cards were found in the house.........how very interesting.

I've always wondered if LE ever really scoured the golf course as I find it REALLY hard to believe a car can just disappear. I know people can (somewhat) but I don't believe Audrey chose to leave on her on.

Why is LE not looking closer at the husband? What did he have to say regarding her personal items being at home?
Surprised this case is still so cold with very little activity on here. There is a podcast called Unfound which is worth a listen. I think there is a lot more to the story that folks close to Audrey know .
Regarding the purse etc, yes it was at her home per reports and podcast confirmation interviews however that too has been explained away. It has been implied she Audrey left her purse home and it wasnt uncommon for nurses to do that. Ludicrous, nurses have locked medication rooms to secure their personal items and staff locked rooms. Unfound podcast please search her case take a listen and would love to further discuss ty

Thinking about Audrey today. We recently passed the 21-year anniversary of her disappearance. Hoping that this is the year her loved ones finally get some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back