NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested, sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chauntae Davies, who was recruited to be a masseuse for Epstein, graphically described being raped by Epstein over a period of several years, and how in his death she felt a sense of loss.

“It took me a long time to come forward,” Davies said. “Every public humiliation that I endured, I have suffered, and he has won.”
Courtney Wild, who alleges Epstein sexually abused her when she was 14 years old, told the courtroom that the financier’s death in federal custody had “robbed myself and all of the other victims” of a chance to confront him in court.

“For that, he is a coward,” Wild said. “I feel very angry, sad. And justice has never been served in this case.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...cb03c2-c83a-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

He was indeed a coward. And, justice won't be served against him, that much is true.

However, there is an opportunity to dismantle and shed sunlight on lots of issues that are present in this case, including:

1. Create a system of accountability for all. It is what our system is supposed to be but many have found ways to subvert it. No more back door or sweetheart deals for the rich, famous or well-connected.

2. Hold the jail system and jail administrations accountable for decisions they make. The FL county jailer who let him out everyday except Sunday and the people who did not watch Epstein in NY should be held accountable. Fire them. Jail them until the administrators of the system gets it in their head that they will be held accountable.

3. Demand that news outlets do what the Miami Herald did--real journalism to hold public officials, corrupt systems, and bad people accountable. All newspapers have cut the budgets for reporters and investigations. We can't expect that corruption and graft will out itself before there are too many innocent victims.

4. Go vigorously after those who enabled Epstein for the years that he operated. Doesn't matter if you are a prince, movie star or politician or, even a woman who benefited financially from this pig, you should be held to account for any action you did.

5. NO more blanket immunities by prosecutors without sunlight on those deals.

6. Make sure that non-consenting people are not touted by anyone as the perpetrator by virtue that they can't or didn't consent. It is just human decency.

The Layers of Epstein’s Connections...(A graphic)

Some in Epstein’s inner circle have been accused of helping run a sex-trafficking operation that brought dozens of underage girls through his doors. Others merely crossed his path at parties or scientific conferences, or accepted his donations for research or the arts. His address book and the logs of his private jet are filled with famous names. Many have sought to distance themselves from Epstein, and denied any wrongdoing, since his arrest and subsequent death in prison. Here are some of the people who traveled in Epstein’s orbit and some of the institutions that received his donations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/epstein-connections/

8B54101E-4E83-47F5-8ECF-C217DB3E369E.jpeg 10FBB216-5643-4476-8316-12EB98116BE7.jpeg

Driving away his troubles: Prince Andrew's relaxed golf round as he unwinds 3,600 miles away from Epstein court room drama

Driving away his troubles: Prince Andrew's relaxed golf round as he unwinds away from Epstein drama | Daily Mail Online

It doesn’t look like he is having a relaxing time. No wonder with articles like this below:

He knows exactly what he has done': Virginia Roberts urges Prince Andrew to 'come clean' after speaking at Jeffrey Epstein hearing where dozens of the late pedophile's victims told how the late multi-millionaire abused them

Epstein's victims speak out at dramatic hearing | Daily Mail Online

I really didn’t get why the judge continued the hearing since JE is dead, other than a venting session for his victims.

To be clear, I do understand and sympathize with the victims BUT continuing the hearing didn’t seem to serve a “legal” purpose, nor could the courts pursue anything (ie compensation for the victims) by having this hearing.

This ABC story somewhat explains that things have changed under the Crime Victims Rights Act. Makes sense to me.

Alleged assault victims of Jeffrey Epstein expected to speak at 'historic' hearing

The victims of JE were denied justice when Epstein was given an illegal sweetheart deal in 2008 in Florida by then U.S. Attorney Acosta.

U.S. District Judge Richard Berman has provided a much-needed opportunity for JE's victims to have their day in court - for whatever it's worth legally, which was denied them in 2008. I applaud this Judge.

I await civil lawsuits against JE's estate in the near future. Since JE's victims' statements are now part of the court record, they can be introduced as potential evidence in future civil proceedings against his estate.

Last edited:
Respectfully snipped-

Look at how foolish Sarah Ferguson was duped into a sting by meeting a supposed rich mideastern man who would give her $500,000 for access to Prince Andrew and his connections. She didn't seem the least bit wary. She was used to being around the kind of men Andrew dealt with.

Ha! she’s about as shady as a pair of cheap sunglasses.
JMO

Last edited:
The Layers of Epstein’s Connections...(A graphic)

Some in Epstein’s inner circle have been accused of helping run a sex-trafficking operation that brought dozens of underage girls through his doors. Others merely crossed his path at parties or scientific conferences, or accepted his donations for research or the arts. His address book and the logs of his private jet are filled with famous names. Many have sought to distance themselves from Epstein, and denied any wrongdoing, since his arrest and subsequent death in prison. Here are some of the people who traveled in Epstein’s orbit and some of the institutions that received his donations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/epstein-connections/

Deleted my post
Need to read some more

Last edited:
The victims of JE were denied justice when Epstein was given an illegal sweetheart deal in 2008 in Florida by then U.S. Attorney Acosta.

U.S. District Judge Richard Berman has provided a much-needed opportunity for JE's victims to have their day in court - for whatever it's worth legally, which was denied them in 2008. I applaud this Judge.

I await civil lawsuits against JE's estate in the near future. Since JE's victims' statements are now part of the court record, they can be introduced as potential evidence in future civil proceedings against his estate.

I'm pretty sure they can't use the statements of the victims as affirmative testimony in the civil case if they are available to testify as plaintiffs. They will have to testify and be subject to cross examination.

I hit a paywall. Do you mind summarizing a little bit? :)
Not sure why I could get this if it's the article you are seeking...usually I always hit a paywall.

Two weeks after the death of disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, publisher Dutton announced a new book that will explore his connections with the Russian underworld.

Journalist Craig Unger, author of “House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia,” will release a new book about Russian connections to public figures, including Epstein, U.S. Atty. Gen. William Barr and President Trump, the Penguin Random House imprint revealed Tuesday.

The publisher said the book, due for release in 2020 and as yet untitled, “will contain deeply reported, explosive newsbreaks that shed new light on Russian ties to powerful politicians and financiers.”

The Department of Justice did not respond to request for comment about Unger’s book.

Amanda Walker, Dutton’s publicity director, said the book was in the works before Epstein died in custody on Aug. 10 while awaiting trial on new sex trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide.

“In light of Jeffrey Epstein’s recent suicide, Unger will pursue the story behind his death as the news unfolds and will continue to research his connections using the civil suits against his estate and the prosecution of his co-conspirators,” the Dutton announcement said.

Epstein, a teacher turned financier, was convicted in Florida on two prostitution-related charges in 2008, and served 13 months in prison. .

Dutton said Unger’s book would explore the Russian use of “kompromat,” or damaging personal information, to intimidate and control American politicians and public figures.

Not sure why I could get this if it's the article you are seeking...usually I always hit a paywall.

Two weeks after the death of disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, publisher Dutton announced a new book that will explore his connections with the Russian underworld.

Journalist Craig Unger, author of “House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia,” will release a new book about Russian connections to public figures, including Epstein, U.S. Atty. Gen. William Barr and President Trump, the Penguin Random House imprint revealed Tuesday.

The publisher said the book, due for release in 2020 and as yet untitled, “will contain deeply reported, explosive newsbreaks that shed new light on Russian ties to powerful politicians and financiers.”

The Department of Justice did not respond to request for comment about Unger’s book.

Amanda Walker, Dutton’s publicity director, said the book was in the works before Epstein died in custody on Aug. 10 while awaiting trial on new sex trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide.

“In light of Jeffrey Epstein’s recent suicide, Unger will pursue the story behind his death as the news unfolds and will continue to research his connections using the civil suits against his estate and the prosecution of his co-conspirators,” the Dutton announcement said.

Epstein, a teacher turned financier, was convicted in Florida on two prostitution-related charges in 2008, and served 13 months in prison. .

Dutton said Unger’s book would explore the Russian use of “kompromat,” or damaging personal information, to intimidate and control American politicians and public figures.

Thanks! I think I had used up my three free articles per month.

Well, all I can say about this book is...can you spell “explosive”?

Because they simply do not exist in their world, and if they were ever so inclined to pay attention to the lower classes, they would not matter to them in the least. <snip> The lower classes mean nothing at all to them. JMO

Essentially, the 1%'s view of the classes. Not all of them obviously, but the segment of American psychos among them. They don't care about damaging children because they don't everyone believe deserves a good future.

He was indeed a coward. And, justice won't be served against him, that much is true.

Epstein was intensely annoyed by the prospect of these now adult women confronting him in court. I imagine him thinking "At least I won't have sit there and listen to these w-----."

(I do not believe the confrontation in court was reason for his suicide.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa