NY - Bronx Girl, 5, Found Hanging From Closet

Yesterday's NY Daily News reported she had been raped. Yesterday's NY Post said that they still had not determined whether she had been raped.
According to today's paper, they seem to think it was an accident. It looks like she was jump roping between her bed and her closet and the rope got caught on the top of the closet, and she someone got stranged in the process. They are doing tests today with a doll and a jumprope.

I'm not saying that couldn't have happend but if it did it seems like an extremely freak accident. I keep trying to imagine how that could happen. Even if the rope did get caught in the closet how did it get wrapped around her neck? Couldn't she have just let go of it?

I'm not saying that couldn't have happend but if it did it seems like an extremely freak accident. I keep trying to imagine how that could happen. Even if the rope did get caught in the closet how did it get wrapped around her neck? Couldn't she have just let go of it?

I totally agree with you. I was just relaying what I read on my commute in this morning. It seems a bit farfetched to me.

Yesterday's NY Daily News reported she had been raped. Yesterday's NY Post said that they still had not determined whether she had been raped.
According to today's paper, they seem to think it was an accident. It looks like she was jump roping between her bed and her closet and the rope got caught on the top of the closet, and she someone got stranged in the process. They are doing tests today with a doll and a jumprope.

Unbelievable... possible maybe, but so unlikely, I am just not buying it.

Doesn't sound like there was an adult in charge. I think 13 yr old children can babysit but it would be hard with that many children to watch. It's weird that Mom and Grandma can't get their stories right though. :waitasec:

I'm sure police are looking at how the rope was around her neck etc. I have a hard time believing "accident", but then there was that case where the boy got a rope or cape stuck on a ceiling fan because he was playing a superhero....

I'm going to withhold my opinion on whether or not this was an accident, but do any of y'all recall a 6-year old girl accidentally hanging herself from a hammock within the last year or so? IIRC, she loved to tie loops and knots and lassos and play games with ropes and she accidentally strangled herself.

Lots of people were suspect that she was murdered but it did turn out to be a sad, bizarre accident.

Doesn't sound like there was an adult in charge. I think 13 yr old children can babysit but it would be hard with that many children to watch. It's weird that Mom and Grandma can't get their stories right though. :waitasec:

I'm sure police are looking at how the rope was around her neck etc. I have a hard time believing "accident", but then there was that case where the boy got a rope or cape stuck on a ceiling fan because he was playing a superhero....

You brought back memories of my own child... playing at a friend's house on a top bunk of a bed when the ceiling fan was turned on. My daughter ( 5 at the time) stood up and WONK! The blade of fan hit her in the forehead. 8 stitches later, she was fine, but still.. freaky things DO happen.

I pray it was an accident.

I guess I pictured something different when I first read "found hanging". So maybe the jump rope was around the door knob or a hook, and somehow she got wrapped up in it?

Poor little thing. RIP Monet.

"Police sources initially believed the child had been raped, but that proved to be wrong."

I would like to know what originally made them think that.

"Police sources initially believed the child had been raped, but that proved to be wrong."

I would like to know what originally made them think that.

If I remember correctly, one of the medics said they wondered if she had been raped, but after examination it was clear she hadn't been.

Unless she was found naked, I can't imagine why they initially "believed she was raped", as the article said. I think that people's minds jump to the most lurid conclusion possible sometimes. I have to admit that I often do the same thing, but police should be basing such assumptions on some kind of evidence.

Unless she was found naked, I can't imagine why they initially "believed she was raped", as the article said. I think that people's minds jump to the most lurid conclusion possible sometimes. I have to admit that I often do the same thing, but police should be basing such assumptions on some kind of evidence.

I thought maybe she might not have had any underwear on.

I'm so glad to hear at least she didn't endure that torture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back