NY NY - Buffalo, Unity Isld, 'Grandma Doe', WhtFem 60-70, UP12704, well-dressed, butterfly pin, Sep'95

Attachments

• Dorothy Bell Stewart.jpg
    Dorothy Bell Stewart.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 22
Thoughts on Dorothy Bell Stewart?

Dorothy Bell Stewart
Missing from St. Augustine, Florida. May 14, 1995.
Unidentified found Buffalo, New York. Sep 26, 1995.
Missing:
The Doe Network: Case File 1312DFFL
Dorothy Bell Stewart – The Charley Project
Unidentified:
Unidentified Person Case
511UFNY
Map:
Google Maps

Has she been submitted? The timeline could work. Because her face was recognizable she would've had to go missing in 1995. Unless she didn't have contact with her loved ones for an extended period of time... There are no rule-outs listed on NaMus.

Has anyone looked at Florence Cline missing from Wauchula Florida July 5 1995? It says she had one eye that remained dilated, didn't see any mention of that with Grandma Doe. Namus MP20065

I second the submission of Dorothy Stewart (this is the second time shes been mentioned in the thread) and Marjorie Ferris! They both seem like good possibilities on paper.

I second the submission of Dorothy Stewart (this is the second time shes been mentioned in the thread) and Marjorie Ferris! They both seem like good possibilities on paper.

I just don't think it is Dorothy Stewart due to the far distance and the circumstances of her walking away from an assisted living center in Florida when she went missing. IMO.

could this be Grandma Doe?

if so it would be ironic. this woman, Norma Parkinson, was last seen in the town of Hamburg, NY in January 1990, and Grandma Doe was buried in Hamburg in Sept 1995. not sure where she would have been for 5 years but stranger things have happened.

Norma was 65 y.o., brown hair and brown eyes, 5'3", and 130 lbs. it was said she had a "very pointed nose". Her profile was just added this week.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/12225/6/

oddly enough, the America's Most Wanted link said they ruled out a woman from Hamburg on account of her having blue eyes. Norma did not so I don't think they are talking about the same missing woman from Hamburg.

ETA: Grandma Doe's stats were never summarized on this thread.

Last edited:
Regarding number 33 post above this one that I brought forward in this thread from ten yrs ago by webrocket, apparently Norma Parkinson has been seen several times since Jan.1990 as per this article I found: REPORTS SURFACE ON MISSING WOMAN | Latest Headlines | buffalonews.com
So I'm not sure, but I would think and hope LE has considered Norma as a possible to be 'Grandma Doe' or Norma's family has been aware of this UID if she is still missing. As far as the UID, I just don't think the two Florida women suggested earlier are likely her, but Marjorie Ferris is more likely.

I live in Niagara Falls Ontario (Canada) and Burlington Ontario is about an hour's drive from here....Buffalo about 20 minutes in the opposite direction. This can't be the same lady if you're thinking of her floating about, because Lake Erie empties into the Niagara River which then flows down and over Niagara Falls and empties into Lake Ontario (where Burlington is situated alongside.)

I'm not saying this isn't the lady, but she would have had to have been driven down to the Western NY area to be found in that water.

Yes, I don't think the UID is Marjorie Harris either. Especially after reading your post. Her car and even all her winter coats were at home, with only her winter boots missing.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back