NY NY - Carol Fitzmaurice, 23, Allegany, 20 Oct 1970

What is to be inferred by the weapon being in the home, not brought there by the murderer?

And what does the knife being found in the creek so close? (The Creek flows behind the house, but it can also be described as being found around the corner, presumably thrown off the bridge on Chapin Cross Creek road.)

There have been so many cases like this, that have been solved recently, one can only hope there is something left in evidence that can help.

I've got a feeling that if they solve this, it might help solve a few other cases too.

What is to be inferred by the weapon being in the home, not brought there by the murderer?

And what does the knife being found in the creek so close? (The Creek flows behind the house, but it can also be described as being found around the corner, presumably thrown off the bridge on Chapin Cross Creek road.)

There have been so many cases like this, that have been solved recently, one can only hope there is something left in evidence that can help.

I've got a feeling that if they solve this, it might help solve a few other cases too.

It is possible that she was killed in a home invasion. An uncooked chicken was in the oven and there was an overturned stepladder on the property, which her husband claimed had been upright before he went to work. There is also an unidentified fingerprint. She could have been attacked by a stranger while she was preparing dinner.

However, this attack also seems way more personal. Viciously stabbed 14 times, no sexual assault, and the murder weapon was likely from her home. Why would somebody break in just to kill her? Could have been an obsessed stalker (one of her patients?) or an angry friend/co-worker/family member.

I imagine (hope) all friends and family members have been ruled out by that fingerprint.

Last edited:
4cd_fitzmaurice.jpeg

Carol Fitzmaurice, age 23 Murdered 20 October 1970

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members