Found Deceased NY - Casie Weese, 37, husband says she walked away after they had flat tire, Apalachin, 1 Mar 2020

Police ID body found as Casie Wesse, an Upstate woman missing since Sunday

The body of Casie Weese, of Glen Aubrey, was found by a state police search team at about 12:50 p.m. Thursday in a wooded area near a fence along State Route 434, state police said in a news release.

The troopers were walking along the highway between Apalachin and Vestal when they found her, police said.

The cause and manner of death is under investigation, police said.

10% cc due to WS/TOS

This is so sad...
I grew up not far away, in Vestal, and had friends in Apalachin, which is even smaller than Vestal. Glen Aubrey also very small, am sure the whole area is affected. Also this is not far from where Michelle Harris disappeared on 9/11/01 and has never been found, though her husband has been tried at least three times for her murder...am very glad Casie was found relatively quickly...
Jmo

So she was on the opposite side of the fence than the road she was walking on?

Locals have stated there is an approximate 7ft chain link fence she would've had to scale to get where her body was found. She obviously couldn't have done this in her state and physical health.
Before we all get confused, is this fact or rumor? I’d think LE would be very suspicious if she was on the far side of a 7’ fence. Was there an opening or gate along the way?

Autopsy shows no trauma, and Casie Weese's daughter feels 'broken' over Apalachin death

... An autopsy Friday morning confirmed no obvious signs of trauma to Casie's body, New York State Police said. The official cause of death is pending toxicology tests and further investigation, which troopers said could take several weeks. ...

In my experience following various cases, most toxicology takes 6-8 weeks. So it will be awhile. Though again, no obvious signs of trauma, I won't be surprised if COD is hypothermia, perhaps with alcohol as a contributing factor.

Locals have stated there is an approximate 7ft chain link fence she would've had to scale to get where her body was found. She obviously couldn't have done this in her state and physical health.

The fence runs along the swath of land between the two highways. She did not have to scale a fence to get where she was found, she only had to step off the shoulder of the road and walk maybe 15 feet. She was found on the route 434 side of the fence, which would make sense if she were walking eastbound facing traffic. I highly doubt she was trying to scale the fence to get onto the interstate, there would have been absolutely no benefit to do so.

The fence runs along the swath of land between the two highways. She did not have to scale a fence to get where she was found, she only had to step off the shoulder of the road and walk maybe 15 feet. She was found on the route 434 side of the fence, which would make sense if she were walking eastbound facing traffic. I highly doubt she was trying to scale the fence to get onto the interstate, there would have been absolutely no benefit to do so.

Yes, idk for sure about what side of the fence she was found on, except according to news reports stating she was found on the eastbound side of route 17. Which could be misleading

'I'm stunned': Neighbors react to death of Casie J. Weese

APALACHIN (WBNG) -- For residents who live across from where 37-year-old Casie J. Weese was found, seeing the police presence and hearing the reason for it was the shock of a lifetime.

Besides the nearby traffic from 17 to 434, residents say their little community near the Broome Tioga county line is extremely quiet.

10%cc due to WS/TOS

Autopsy of missing Upstate woman finds no signs of trauma

An autopsy has found “no obvious signs of trauma” on a Tioga County woman who was found dead days after she went missing on Sunday after a party.

The official cause of death has not yet been determined, police said Friday in a news release. They are awaiting toxicology results and further investigation, which could take several weeks, police said.

10cc due to TOS/WS

If you look at this video and the still photo in the MSM article you can see where LE has the crime scene tape (used for deaths, doesn't necessarily mean there was a crime) and where they are looking down at the ground it looks like she was found in a wooded area that is nestled between the highways. In the video you can see what looks like one section where there is a small chain link looking fence (often put up where deer cross) but I also see open areas and nothing resembling a "seven foot fence". BREAKING: Body found identified as missing Glen Aubrey woman

Attachments

• 2020.03.05-NYSP-B.jpg
    2020.03.05-NYSP-B.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 54
If you look at this video and the still photo in the MSM article you can see where LE has the crime scene tape (used for deaths, doesn't necessarily mean there was a crime) and where they are looking down at the ground it looks like she was found in a wooded area that is nestled between the highways. In the video you can see what looks like one section where there is a small chain link looking fence (often put up where deer cross) but I also see open areas and nothing resembling a "seven foot fence". BREAKING: Body found identified as missing Glen Aubrey woman

Ok, Thank you I wasn't arguing. The "7ft" fence was more of a question. My issue with the reports, is that every one I've read actually state Casie was found on the side of eastbound 17. Additionally, and with ambiguity, that she was found eastbound of 17 along a fence that runs parallel to route 17 and route 434.

Was just checking in for an update on a COD but after checking MSM, I haven’t found anything since they located her remains. Is there any update? Did she succumb to the elements? If foul play was suspected, is this something they would report on?

hopefully the family has answers. My heart went out to her children.

Glen Aubrey woman Casie Weese died of hypothermia in Apalachin, NY, police say
Ashley Biviano Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin
Published 1:34 PM EDT Jun 26, 2020
Casie Weese, a Glen Aubrey woman whose body was found March 5, died of hypothermia, and the New York State Police said Friday her death was accidental.

Police said Friday afternoon the official ruling was made back in May.

"There were no signs of foul play, which we said way back when we found her after the initial autopsy," said State Police Public Information Officer Aganieszka Dembinska.

New York State Police in Owego said Weese and her husband left a residence at about 1:30 a.m. March 1, but their vehicle got a flat tire shortly after leaving.

46adfe64-07be-490f-9b6e-4a44bb030f9c-Weese_Casie.jpg

New York State Police are searching for a 37-year-old Casie Wees, of Glen Aubrey, who was last seen in Apalachin early Sunday morning.
Provided
Weese walked away from her husband and was last seen walking east on Main Street in Apalachin.

Four days later, her body was found along state Route 17, in Apalachin near the Broome-Tioga county line.

An autopsy March 6 revealed no obvious signs of trauma to her body. The official cause of death had been pending toxicology tests and further investigation.

Both the NYSP Underwater Recovery Team and the Forest Rangers searched the Susquehanna River and Apalachin Creek. The New York State Police Aviation Unit and drones helped troopers get a better perspective from the air.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back