NY - Catherine Woods, 21, stabbed to death in her NYC apartment, 27 Nov 2005

PrayersForMaura said:
What the family may not have known, was that the dancing included some racy stuff. Anthony Regina says Woods worked at the men's club "Privileges" on West 23rd Street, as an exotic dancer.

"But her parents in Columbus, Ohio, told The Post their beautiful 21-year-old daughter was a dancer who had appeared in an off-Broadway production called "Privilege."

A men's club named Privileges or an off-Broadway musical named Privilege or both? I looked at the old reviews and information for the musical from Second Stage Theater, and none of them listed names of any extras like dancers.
(Sorry I have to practice using the quoting command. )

Ixions Fire said:
"But her parents in Columbus, Ohio, told The Post their beautiful 21-year-old daughter was a dancer who had appeared in an off-Broadway production called "Privilege."

A men's club named Privileges or an off-Broadway musical named Privilege or both? I looked at the old reviews and information for the musical from Second Stage Theater, and none of them listed names of any extras like dancers.
(Sorry I have to practice using the quoting command. )

Welcome to WS!
I would guess both. Privelege's is now admitting that she has danced there in the past. It is notoriously difficult to make it in the arts, and can take a long time. In the meantime, a person has to live. And a beautiful girl would make a lot more money dancing there, than working as a waitress.
(an easy way to do a quote, is to highlight what you want to quote, look at the line that starts with B I U. All the way to the right is a quote bubble. With the quote highlighted, if you click on the quote bubble, it will give you the quote brackets).

IMO there is nothing wrong with being a stripper. It's perfectly legal and lucrative. It annoys me they are engulfed in such negativity. The married men who frequent strip clubs are the ones that should be frowned upon. Especially the ones that spend hundreds of dollars regularly.

Linda7NJ said:
IMO there is nothing wrong with being a stripper. It's perfectly legal and lucrative. It annoys me they are engulfed in such negativity. The married men who frequent strip clubs are the ones that should be frowned upon. Especially the ones that spend hundreds of dollars regularly.

Well, there you go. Imagine the married men who disavow their loved ones for other endeavors. And just chalk it up to a man's thing. I am really over this thinking...just over it. The hormones that enact men aren't any different than the hormones that enact women. We just know how to use them.

mysteriew said:
Welcome to WS!
I would guess both. Privelege's is now admitting that she has danced there in the past. It is notoriously difficult to make it in the arts, and can take a long time. In the meantime, a person has to live. And a beautiful girl would make a lot more money dancing there, than working as a waitress.
If we can find a list of the cast extras for the production, and if she's included, we might have some names to chack out. I'd put as much money on a fellow cast member as I would a client of a men's club or her boyfriend.

(an easy way to do a quote, is to highlight what you want to quote, look at the line that starts with B I U. All the way to the right is a quote bubble. With the quote highlighted, if you click on the quote bubble, it will give you the quote brackets).
Right on! Thanks, I do believe I've got it!

Linda7NJ said:
IMO there is nothing wrong with being a stripper. It's perfectly legal and lucrative...
I know that it is legal and lucrative. So is prostitution (in NV) and *advertiser censored*. However, I think all of these professions are degrading to women. I would rather make money, even if it is less of it, using my brain instead of my body. That's just my opinion, though. :)

P.S. I was really attractive in my younger day, and I'm not bad now. I would never have considered any of these professions--ever.

linda,

i would beg to differ... it is quite degrading, and you end up hanging out in the company of seedy, self-destructive and dangerous people... and you can bet most of those guys are not the kind of men who would want to be interested in you. and this crowd includes a high number of abusers, rapists, and worse... drugs & alcohol are everywhere, & a lot of places encourage the dancers to be drunk when "courting" customers. it's quite common for strippers to end up with a really distorted, disgusted & hateful feeling towards men, as they see them at their worst. and obviously there's prostitution involved, and how many women make all this great money, but either do it to support a nasty drug habit, or develop one after they start stripping??

there's a myth that somehow it's "empowering",,, and i suppose it is, in a certain way- but is it a good way to be empowered..? i'm not so sure.

obviously some places are classier than others,, and i suppose for girls without any other skills, it's the best way for them to earn some really good money. but, it doesn't seem like the healthiest way to go, and of course, once you're past 30, you're over the hill.. and then what?

that's what i would say is "wrong" with it, even though it's perfectly legal and lucrative... IMO.

Linda7NJ said:
If married men did not go to strip clubs there would be no strip clubs.
Maybe its the wives who nag them that should be frowned upon.

Maybe the bf couldn't handle watching his gf strip. Especially if she seems to enjoy it.
It takes a really confident guy to date a stripper. But if she had quit the club in July? Maybe she needed money and was going back to strip at the club and he didn't like it.

Zman said:

Maybe the bf couldn't handle watching his gf strip. Especially if she seems to enjoy it.
It takes a really confident guy to date a stripper. But if she had quit the club in July? Maybe she needed money and was going back to strip at the club and he didn't like it.
If it was legal for men to dance with their penis' hanging out, it would be just about egual to toppless dancers with g strings and lap dancing.
In my opinion not many married men would agree with their wives getting a lap dance like that. So I think married men should not have basically naked women lap dance for them.

Becba said:
If it was legal for men to dance with their penis' hanging out, it would be just about egual to toppless dancers with g strings and lap dancing.
In my opinion not many married men would agree with their wives getting a lap dance like that. So I think married men should not go have basically naked women lap dance for them.

Amen. That's when my nagging would start!

Zman said:

Yeah, right. :doh: It's the wives' fault. :croc: They FORCE their husbands into that. :doh: The men have no choice but to go!:slap: :waitasec: :rolleyes:

Actually that would be where my nagging would end. I am not supportive of a husband/boyfriend enjoying this and degrading me as well as the dancer. It is a two way street. Just because I didn't turn to this doesn't mean that I degrade every woman who has. If other options were available most women would choose those. They aren't. Yes, there are those who choose this route and I supplant that although my mother wasn't an exotic dancer she was the most evil person I have ever met. But of course, I haven't met Joseph Duncan.

That sounds more like it, Concerned. The nagging would end, I would be out the door or he would! It is an extreme insult that a husband would rather go watch these dancers than be with the one who loves him and he is supposed to love.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

There is true evil in this world and whoever did this to this woman (dancer, or no) needs to be found and brought to justice.

concernedperson said:
Actually that would be where my nagging would end. I am not supportive of a husband/boyfriend enjoying this and degrading me as well as the dancer. It is a two way street. Just because I didn't turn to this doesn't mean that I degrade every woman who has. If other options were available most women would choose those. They aren't. Yes, there are those who choose this route and I supplant that although my mother wasn't an exotic dancer she was the most evil person I have ever met. But of course, I haven't met Joseph Duncan.
I wouldn't endorse my husband doing this either. And I pass no judgement on the women who do this...without the demand, there would be no supply!

SewingDeb said:
That sounds more like it, Concerned. The nagging would end, I would be out the door or he would! It is an extreme insult that a husband would rather go watch these dancers than be with the one who loves him and he is supposed to love.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

There is true evil in this world and whoever did this to this woman (dancer, or no) needs to be found and brought to justice.

It is either the boyfriend or Braunstein. Although I think that Braunstein has other plans.

concernedperson said:
I did not mean I am against strip clubs. I just think if it were turned around to a comparable degree that men would get very angry with their wives going to one.
If a man wants to go to a strip club I don't really care. I am just saying it is a moral discission when it comes to married men.
And if this victim stripped or not doesn't matter except for evidence against a boyfriend that maybe lying.

Oh no, this is just awful.

I saw Greta last night, and I'm sure this is the same case.

Her father was on and just heartbroken, and was so full of pride and praise for all the auditions and successes she had. He didn't need notes, he just kept talking off the top of his head for the musicals/dances/auditions she was in, and taking acting lessons, and on and on.

I was afraid they would cut him midstream, he was taking so long to describe all her successes, but it was so endearing to hear him go on and on about his beautiful daughter who aspired to be a broadway dancer. I remember hearing specifically she had a part in the show Priviledges.

He had no idea she was a stripper. And now, through her horrible murder, he finds out this too.

For anyone who saw this man, including Greta who couldn't cut him short, he was delightful. Prayers for his family, and prayers her killer is brought to justice.

KatherineQ said:
Oh no, this is just awful.

I saw Greta last night, and I'm sure this is the same case.

Her father was on and just heartbroken, and was so full of pride and praise for all the auditions and successes she had. He didn't need notes, he just kept talking off the top of his head for the musicals/dances/auditions she was in, and taking acting lessons, and on and on.

I was afraid they would cut him midstream, he was taking so longto describe all her successes, but it was so endearing to hear him go on and on about his beautiful daughter who aspired to be a broadway dancer. I remember hearing specifically she had a part in the show Priviledges.

He had no idea she was a stripper. And now, through her horrible murder, he finds out this too.

For anyone who saw this man, including Greta who couldn't cut him short, he was delightful. Prayers for his family, and prayers her killer is brought to justice.

I didn't see this, I just missed it. I believe her dad is the Ohio State University band director. SO sad. I think her boyfriend did this. :( :banghead: :furious:

englishleigh said:
I didn't see this, I just missed it. I believe her dad is the Ohio State University band director. SO sad. I think her boyfriend did this. :( :banghead: :furious:

I think you're right. The time frame is preposterous - he leaves (on the show last night I believe they said a half hour) to go deal with his car and he comes back and she's been killed in some horrific way. The odds are slim.

It is when you don't know or you are not evolved enough to know. It is only later when you know and it is too late. The families in this case are clueless. My prayers are being sent for their recovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back