Identified! NY - Cattaraugus Co., Female skeletal UP6015, Sep'09 - Traci Douglass

Hi all - hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I have not participated much in the unidentified forum but would like to get more involved. Identifying the deceased for their families and for the deceased themselves is a very important job which can really make a difference.

I did some searching around for missing women and here are a few I came up with. According the NAMUS the race is unknown.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burton_sylvia.html (30 yrs old, 5'6, missing since 2003 from Amherst which is only 90 miles from the Allegheny Reservoir). The clothing description is not congruent and Sylvia has some tattoos as well

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_sandra.html (36 yrs old, missing from Delaware Township, PA since 2000, Llast seen wearing jeans and brown boots, she stated to a friend that day she was endanger - seems pretty likely her husband killed her)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fawcett_michele.html (35 yrs old, missing from westmoreland, PA - Site states PA LE was working with Allegheny LE to see if there were any connections between her disappearences and unsolved homicides in the Allegheny area. She fits the description of the other murdered women as they all had a history of drug use and prostitution)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...t_michele.html (35 yrs old, missing from westmoreland, PA - Site states PA LE was working with Allegheny LE to see if there were any connections between her disappearences and unsolved homicides in the Allegheny area. She fits the description of the other murdered women as they all had a history of drug use and prostitution)

Michelle is missing from where I live. I really doubt it would be here we are in Southwestern PA, but stranger things have happened.

I am waiting to hear back again from the corners office where the UID was compared to Theresa Waldron.

Hi all - hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I have not participated much in the unidentified forum but would like to get more involved. Identifying the deceased for their families and for the deceased themselves is a very important job which can really make a difference.

I did some searching around for missing women and here are a few I came up with. According the NAMUS the race is unknown.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burton_sylvia.html (30 yrs old, 5'6, missing since 2003 from Amherst which is only 90 miles from the Allegheny Reservoir). The clothing description is not congruent and Sylvia has some tattoos as well

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_sandra.html (36 yrs old, missing from Delaware Township, PA since 2000, Llast seen wearing jeans and brown boots, she stated to a friend that day she was endanger - seems pretty likely her husband killed her)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fawcett_michele.html (35 yrs old, missing from westmoreland, PA - Site states PA LE was working with Allegheny LE to see if there were any connections between her disappearences and unsolved homicides in the Allegheny area. She fits the description of the other murdered women as they all had a history of drug use and prostitution)

*Welcome to websleuths Unidentified!! A lot of good people here trying to help solve a lot of missing persons cases!

My concern with these does are that they are all missing from quite a while ago. I think the ME said less than 5 years, and the only reason I am backing this up is because of the boots. I really think that the boots are in the last 3 years or so.

*Welcome to websleuths Unidentified!! A lot of good people here trying to help solve a lot of missing persons cases!

My concern with these does are that they are all missing from quite a while ago. I think the ME said less than 5 years, and the only reason I am backing this up is because of the boots. I really think that the boots are in the last 3 years or so.

Yes, I understand. I had issues with that too but when I looked at the NAMUS site and the women who had been ruled out they had looked at some women missing from the late 90's, some who were pretty far away, so I threw these out in case but ultimately I agree with you. I think the woman hasn't been missing for that long either. Especially considering the boots. They look like a newer design. I don't think Uggs or knock-off's were that popular past like 5 yrs ago.

These boots look VERY familiar to me...as in I remember seeing them in the last couple of years and thinking they were cute and wanting to buy them. Target or Payless, I'm sure of it.

They updated the Namus site today with a list of more ruleouts on this UID.

I'm not sure who was all added, but I can see that they have added more to the list. (other than Brittanee Drexel)

Here's the link https://identifyus.org/cases/6015

As much as I would like it to be KelliSue, I dont think thoes boots really looked like somthing she would wear...but who knows.

After looking at her dentals it looks like this person didn't have a lot of dental treatment. It looks like she was missing 6 bottom teeth (all in the front) and 3 upper front teeth. Makes me wonder if she wasnt beat up and hit in the face. HMMMM, now I have to re-think my whole strategy.

After looking at her dentals it looks like this person didn't have a lot of dental treatment. It looks like she was missing 6 bottom teeth (all in the front) and 3 upper front teeth. Makes me wonder if she wasnt beat up and hit in the face. HMMMM, now I have to re-think my whole strategy.

FWIW - I don't think the boots look like a pair Kellisue would wear either. When I was looking through some of the missing person reports for NY and PA I recall reading one and noticing that the woman was missing several teeth at the time of her disappearence. This is why I should be more organized. I will go back and try to find it again.

Is it normal for the ME not specify on the dental report if he thinks missing teeth are due to an assault or due to natural reasons?

FWIW - I don't think the boots look like a pair Kellisue would wear either. When I was looking through some of the missing person reports for NY and PA I recall reading one and noticing that the woman was missing several teeth at the time of her disappearence. This is why I should be more organized. I will go back and try to find it again.

Is it normal for the ME not specify on the dental report if he thinks missing teeth are due to an assault or due to natural reasons?

* These teeth were removed after she died or close to the time that she died..

These are the additions to the Rule outs:
Brittanee Drexel Unknown New York
Nellie Flickinger 1949 Pennsylvania
Edwina Onyango Unknown New York

I am thinking that thet need to look at Lutricia Steele as Huskiki suggested. About the right time, young enough to wear thoes boots, she lived about an hour away from where body was found.

When they say "cut off jeans" what do they mean?
Just curious...like capri length? To maybe show off the boots more?
Why else would someone were cut offs in the winter?

Also...no mention of a coat, sweater?

I am assuming they mean shorts.

I will e-mail the ME and see if we can get pictures of the clothing. I am guessing since they only found partial remains that she was missing more than her coat, I am thinking some of the clothing washed ashore next to the body, not from on the body. I am not 100%, I will have to look into it.

-----------------------------------

NaMus just says cut off jeans.
To me, cut off's mean mid thigh level.
We also do not know if this person went missing in
winter or not. Yet.

These are the additions to the Rule outs:
Brittanee Drexel Unknown New York
Nellie Flickinger 1949 Pennsylvania
Edwina Onyango Unknown New York

I am thinking that thet need to look at Lutricia Steele as Huskiki suggested. About the right time, young enough to wear thoes boots, she lived about an hour away from where body was found.
==========================
Lutricia Steele's family have requested that LE look at Lutricia's information/dna to see if it is her.
Info on FB.

Although, Lutricia was said by family to be wearing black shoes when she left home, May 1, 2008.

I thought I read somewhere that she had just went shopping with a friend? Any chance they could show the boots to her friend? I am thinking she might have got them on sale being the end of winter (and every girl likes to try on her new shoes!) Does anyone know if her and her friend liked to shop at the shoe depot? I think that is where the boots originally came from. Or if there even is a shoe depot nearby where she lived?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back