NY NY - Chaim Weiss, 15, Long Beach, 1 Nov 1986

I still find the possibility of a stranger just coming off of the street & murdering Chaim for no reason extremely improbable. ......... So, I do think it was someone who knew the layout of the school ahead of time & specifically targeted Chaim.

Again, due to this - I don't see the murder as a random crime.

I agree. I see the candle not as evidence of an unobservant outsider, but as a taunt.

It's been a long time since I've checked in on this thread, but have never forgotten this case. Would someone please remind me of the problems Chaim was encountering at school the weeks leading up to his death?

I agree this murder was likely perpetrated by another student(s). It would be interesting to know where these students are today, and if any have had problems with the law as an adult. Anyone who could murder at such a young age (per my hypothesis of a fellow student), would likely have committed other heinous crimes as an adult.

As to motive....I would say it could have been bullying that turned homicidal, or was the result of silencing Chaim for something he knew, or was going to expose. The range of possibilities might include an honor issue such as cheating or stealing, or it could have been that Chaim was sexually attacked, and was going to tell. It could be a number of things that caused his death. I speculate he was a victim (it sounds like) prior to his death. Unfortunately, whatever was causing distress in the weeks leading up to his death, was not stopped it would seem.

I think the answers were left at the school; with some of the students who knew what happened. Those that know and don't speak are not men, they are cowards; a schande!

Where are these cowards now with their silent mouths?

Allegedly, and all amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've checked in on this thread, but have never forgotten this case. Would someone please remind me of the problems Chaim was encountering at school the weeks leading up to his death?

According to the 2017 news segment (this was posted earlier in the thread), apparently there had been at least one incident during Summer camp (the summer before the murder) in which Chaim had called his father, was extremely upset about something - and wanted to come home. There were also apparently other incidents that occurred. Also, there was a meeting the parents had with the school about 6 weeks before Chaim was killed - very possibly in regards to the way he was being treated at the school.

Unfortunately, the details are sparse. But, I strongly suspect that CW was being bullied/harassed by a person/persons at the school in the months leading up to the murder. There is no way to know for sure, obviously. But, I believe these events led to CW's death.

Last edited:
According to the 2017 news segment (this was posted earlier in the thread), apparently there had been at least one incident during Summer camp (the summer before the murder) in which Chaim had called his father, was extremely upset about something - and wanted to come home. There were also apparently other incidents that occurred. Also, there was a meeting the parents had with the school about 6 weeks before Chaim was killed - very possibly in regards to the way he was being treated at the school.

Unfortunately, the details are sparse. But, I strongly suspect that CW was being bullied/harassed by a person/persons at the school in the months leading up to the murder. There is no way to know for sure, obviously. But, I believe these events led to CW's death.
I agree with your speculation. It would seem the POI list is clear. Time for a PI to see where they are today, and what their lives have looked like. Murderous behavior doesn’t go away.

This is a highly solvable case if a couple people would man up. I wish them sleepless nights until they do, and no good will befall on them.

Allegedly, and amateur opinion and speculation only

It's not true that "murderous behavior" doesn't go away. Most killers only kill once, serial killers are the exception, not the rule. The murderer may very well be someone who isn't exactly a hardened criminal. Look at the DJ Freez case

It's not true that "murderous behavior" doesn't go away. Most killers only kill once, serial killers are the exception, not the rule. The murderer may very well be someone who isn't exactly a hardened criminal. Look at the DJ Freez case
Hard to prove or disprove since we can only reference the crimes we know of. My point is that the inherent predisposition, the aberrant behavior remains, even if seemingly dormant.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Except people who kill don't necessarily have a "predisposition" for it.

Except people who kill don't necessarily have a "predisposition" for it.
A well debated hypothesis. I think the jury is still out. There have been a variety of credible studies that point to some predictive markers, but there is more that we don’t vs. do know. Interesting topic.

amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back