Found Safe NY - Chelsea O'Donnell, 17, Nyack, 11 August 2015

Changing of the birth date is baffling. I also question the reasoning of broadcasting to the world that the teen is mentally ill. That alone could cause a rift not easily repaired.

JMO

I am wondering if possibly that the date they celebrate her birth date? Maybe its when the brought her home? Just because thats what is shown in public doesnt mean its what is on the young ladies legal paperwork.

Thanks. Just as I suspected, Rosie didn't personally participate in obtaining the signature. It was handled by an adoption agency.

JMO
And read #11. It stated that the biomom wasn't under the influence of drugs when she signed it, and it never says the baby was named Kayla- it stated baby girl Schilling. I'm on Rosie's side in this one, this bio mom is a piece of work!

I am wondering if possibly that the date they celebrate her birth date? Maybe its when the brought her home? Just because thats what is shown in public doesnt mean its what is on the young ladies legal paperwork.

Why wouldn't they celebrate a child's birth date on the actual date of her birth? Her date of adoption could also be celebrated but to lie to a child about her real date of birth isn't going to contribute to a building of mutual trust.

JMO

That was certainly true for Rosie O'Donnell, 38, who between 1995 and 2000 adopted three infants—Parker, now 5½, Chelsea, 3, and Blake, 1—and last summer became foster mother to Mia, 3½. "Being a celebrity in America makes everything happen easier—except for going to the mall," she says. "But anybody who has the money to go to a variety of agencies has a better chance of adopting quickly than someone who has a limited budget." As an outspoken champion of adoption, O'Donnell speaks with unusual candor. To locate birth mothers, she says, "I retained five lawyers and paid them anywhere from $1,500 to $4,000 each." Some had their own network of birth mothers; others worked closely with private agencies. "It was a broad spectrum of ways to go."

Even so, it took O'Donnell a year to locate her first child, working with attorney Steven Sklar and the Children of the World agency in Verona, N.J. Four years later, when the media reported that she had adopted a third baby, letters to the editor arrived at PEOPLE with messages such as, "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if real people could adopt children as easily and quickly as the rich and famous can?" and "Yet again, Rosie adopts a healthy Caucasian infant. What an injustice." In fact, Blake is biracial, like Parker, while Chelsea is white. Her family's ethnic blend is something O'Donnell stresses when asked how to speed up the adoption process. "I didn't have any preferences as to gender or the baby's race in terms of the father," she says. "People wonder how I got three kids in five years. Because I am open."

more at link http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20133782,00.html

That is what I had been thinking. Maybe they celebrated the day Chelsea was official adopted as her birthday and then had to tell her "your real birthday is" because she was getting older and starting to ask questions.

Why wouldn't they celebrate a child's birth date on the actual date of her birth? Her date of adoption could also be celebrated but to lie to a child about her real date of birth isn't going to contribute to a building of mutual trust.

JMO

I have no honest knowledge. Just throwing out thoughts.

That is what I had been thinking. Maybe they celebrated the day Chelsea was official adopted as her birthday and then had to tell her "your real birthday is" because she was getting older and starting to ask questions.

She may have known her actual date of birth and so forth. Rosie was real open to the world on her adoption. We dont know what home life is like. I think that its prob not a big issue for them just sleuthers ;)

ETA: one of my very close family members got married at court house where they lived, because of all the paperwork and diff documentation it would be needed ... but "GOT MARRIED" in Mexico. They celebrate the Mexico date. Its on everything but legal paperwork.

And read #11. It stated that the biomom wasn't under the influence of drugs when she signed it, and it never says the baby was named Kayla- it stated baby girl Schilling. I'm on Rosie's side in this one, this bio mom is a piece of work!

The proof will be in the video, imo.

I think it very possible both mothers are victims of an unscrupulous adoption scam.

JMO

She may have known her actual date of birth and so forth. Rosie was real open to the world on her adoption. We dont know what home life is like. I think that its prob not a big issue for them just sleuthers ;)

LOL I don't have an issue with it, to each their own :)

The proof will be in the video, imo.

I think it very possible both mothers are victims of an unscrupulous adoption scam.

JMO

Do we know for a fact that there is an actual video? (not being snarky)

When Micoley accused her of having paid off her ex to push her into the adoption, O’Donnell said, “No way.” She said she had put both of them up “in NJ for months,” paid their living expenses, bought them a TV and then, “U left.”O’Donnell spokeswoman Cindi Berger told the Enquirer the TV talker “encouraged and supported Chelsea’s desire to communicate with her birth mother,” and found it “disappointing” that she was going public.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ted-daughter-biological-mom-article-1.2161637

Do we know for a fact that there is an actual video? (not being snarky)

iirc, in some of the links up thread, Rosie told the bio mom that it was captured on video but I've seen no proof beyond that claim. I think such a video would have been a prudent move on the part of the adoption agency to prevent such later claims.

JMO

iirc, in some of the links up thread, Rosie told the bio mom that it was captured on video but I've seen no proof beyond that claim. I think such a video would have been a prudent move on the part of the adoption agency to prevent such later claims.

JMO

Thanks! I agree that now most things are recorded via video etc. I guess I should have said in the late 90's would it have been recorded. I only question the text messages because it comes from the NE, and they are not really known to the most "Honest" when it comes to reporting.

Hmmm per this:
Micoley admitted she was a drug user at the time of her daughter’s birth. She was 20 at the time.

“I may not have been the best mother back then. I did drugs and I have a criminal record because of it,” Micoley told the National Enquirer. “But I surely didn’t deserve to have my baby stolen from me!”

Court records show that Micoley, then Deanna Schilling, pleaded guilty to felony burglary and misdemeanor theft in December 1997. She was sentenced to six months in jail and five years probation.

In 1996, she was sentenced to seven months in jail after pleading guilty to two counts of theft.

Micoley was arrested again in 2010 in Wisconsin and charged with disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a firearm by a felon. The gun charge was dismissed, but Micoley pleaded no contest to the disorderly conduct and drug charges. She was sentenced to three days in jail.
more http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/deann...book-stolen-baby-adoption-photos-texts-kayla/

Thanks! I agree that now most things are recorded via video etc. I guess I should have said in the late 90's would it have been recorded. I only question the text messages because it comes from the NE, and they are not really known to the most "Honest" when it comes to reporting.

I've given them a lot more credibility since they were spot on about John Edwards.

I have to wonder why a bio mom who thought her baby had been stolen from her would wait 17 years to say so. And then she doesn't report it to CPS or LE, she tells the National Enquirer.

IMO something doesn't add up.

The good news is Rosie's daughter has been found safe. End of story as far as I'm concerned.

I have to wonder why a bio mom who thought her baby had been stolen from her would wait 17 years to say so. And then she doesn't report it to CPS or LE, she tells the National Enquirer.

IMO something doesn't add up.

The good news is Rosie's daughter has been found safe. End of story as far as I'm concerned.

Even if she had reported it, the adoption agency had the signed surrender form. She was a drug addict. LE wouldn't find her credible.

JMO

That's interesting because it sure sounds like the Court and Rosie were told the bio mother abandoned the child.

JMO
She voluntarily terminated her parental rights. Noone fed her heroin and made her sign that document, certainly not Rosie! She doesn't get to change her mind 17 years later and claim she's a good mother and that Rosie stole her. Nothing could be further from the truth. This woman has shown she lies, uses drugs, has a history of burglary, etc. etc. I know who the better mother is here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back