NY - Connor Golden, 18, foot severed in Central Park explosion, 3 July 2016

Here's a MSM source for what I posted above :)

An explosion in Central Park that seriously injured a tourist during the Fourth of July weekend was caused by the homemade explosive TATP, according to multiple law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

The chemicals used to make the improvised explosive were placed in a shopping bag, investigators said. The bag was pressure sensitive and activated when a tourist put his foot on it and triggered the explosion, suffering severe foot injuries.

(...)

The investigators managed to trace the source of the bag to a defunct bakery in New Jersey, but they haven't identified anyone who could be responsible, the officials say.
http://m.wptz.com/national/explosive-identified-in-central-park-blast/40710084

So much for "home made fireworks" I didn't believe that for a minute.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Huge explosion tonight in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. IED exploded in a dumpster according to news report 23 people injured

A second IED at 27th street.....FBI saying they are bombs built in pressure cookers..praying for my wonderful home town tonight...

Teen, 19, whose foot was blown off by a homemade explosive in Central Park finally wins battle with insurer to cover prosthetic leg - but they refuse to pay for his wheelchair

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-prosthetic-leg-coverage.html#ixzz4SY555L2e

Oh for Pete's sake, that is ridiculous.

I'm guessing that the insurance company claimed the prosthetic leg was not necessary for life (just a guess). I'm glad they fought it and won.

Central Park Explosion Continues to Puzzle Investigators 1 Year Later: NYPD

Investigators said on Wednesday they’ve only received about 20 tips in the case, but the NYPD and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are now upping the reward to $40,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

NYPD officials do not believe the explosion was a terrorist attack, but said that it did bear some similarities.

“We’ve seen compounds like this used by terrorists, but we’ve also seen it experimented with by other people who have nothing to do with terrorism,” NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Counterterrorism John Miller said.

Nearly a Year After Mysterious Central Park Blast, Investigators Want Your Pictures

With no person or group claiming responsibility for the explosion, Cohen and D’Antonio believe there is at least one way to warm up this cold case: They want new images of those Central Park rocks.

The investigators believe members of the public almost certainly have photographs or video on their phones of the days and hours before the explosion. If those images have the rock formation in the background, they could help narrow down exactly when the explosive compound was placed on the ground. With a more precise time frame, investigators may have better luck pinpointing the person who brought the explosive into Central Park.

Jul 2, 2021
''NYPD Renews Call For Help Solving 2016 Cold Case Involving Explosion In Central Park''

Central Park Bombing Terror Cold Case Must be Solved - NYNJ.com
''Although not confirmed as a terrorist attack, the explosive material used in the Central Park bombing was TATP – the same known to be used in Manchester, Paris and other numerous other terrorist bombings. TATP, also referred to as “The Mother of Satan,” is so volatile that the perpetrator risks their own life and limb to make and transport it.

The use of TATP should have been key in the New York Police Department (NYPD) seeking to solve this case right away. Instead, the evidence was not revealed for two years and the event was swept away as a mere fireworks mishap leaving it as a cold case.

Central Park Bombing Probable Terrorist Activity Revealed
In a city known as Ground Zero for 9/11, it is troubling that it took two full years from the date of the explosion to release a key piece of evidence to the public. The specific evidence was a photo of the type of bag the bomb was in.
3699524_070318-wabc-central-park-cracker-bag-img-225x300.jpg

Photo of bag released by NYPD
The small bakery bag, from LaUnica bakery with locations in Union City and Jersey City, had not been in use by the business for approximately seven years at the time of the explosion. This was an indication that someone deliberately had a stockpile of these bags – and possibly thoughts of future additional bombings.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back