NY NY - Cynthia Constantine, 15, Oakdale, 11 July 1969

I called Crime Stoppers earlier and I will be contacting a homicide detective tomorrow about the remains and Cynthia. Let’s hope a comparison can be done and it could be her
I called Crime Stoppers earlier and I will be contacting a homicide detective tomorrow about the remains and Cynthia. Let’s hope a comparison can be done and it could be her

did you call Suffolk county homicide?

Bumping! I have not heard from anyone in the last year about Cynthia and have not seen if they tested the skeletal remains found in the pond. Still hopeful it’s her so maybe we can get some justice for her!

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Cynthia's disappearance.
1659350495063.png

On July 11, 1969, 15-year-old Cynthia Constantine took her dog for a walk as she did every afternoon in the family’s hometown of Oakdale, New York. Cynthia loved walking along the railroad tracks alongside a busy highway and often explored the area with her brother. On this day, Cynthia walked with her dog alone, picking up cattails along the way. Cynthia had planned to go check out a muskrat burrow she spotted earlier in the day while with her brother. But Cynthia never returned home, and when the family dog came home without her, the family immediately knew something was wrong. Backtracking her steps, Cynthia’s mother and brother found a pile of cattails that Cynthia had likely collected and dropped. This is the spot where Cynthia is believed to have vanished from more than 53 years ago and has never been seen or heard from again.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Cynthia Constantine, please call the Suffolk County Police Department at 631-852-6110

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Cynthia's disappearance.
View attachment 357078

On July 11, 1969, 15-year-old Cynthia Constantine took her dog for a walk as she did every afternoon in the family’s hometown of Oakdale, New York. Cynthia loved walking along the railroad tracks alongside a busy highway and often explored the area with her brother. On this day, Cynthia walked with her dog alone, picking up cattails along the way. Cynthia had planned to go check out a muskrat burrow she spotted earlier in the day while with her brother. But Cynthia never returned home, and when the family dog came home without her, the family immediately knew something was wrong. Backtracking her steps, Cynthia’s mother and brother found a pile of cattails that Cynthia had likely collected and dropped. This is the spot where Cynthia is believed to have vanished from more than 53 years ago and has never been seen or heard from again.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Cynthia Constantine, please call the Suffolk County Police Department at 631-852-6110
EXCELLENT podcast.
I urge everyone interested in this case to listen to it.

So the brother said she was possibly nabbed from the street. Where the cattails she was carrying were found near the street.
Another possible match is located in Manhattan New York. Buried behind a concrete wall.
Found wrapped in a rust colored carpet.
With a extension cord wrapped around her neck, wrists and legs. Pantyhose wrapped around her throat. The body was skeletonized. She was wearing a 1966 Bulova watch, had a 1969 dime found and wearing a 32A Size bra.
She is believed to be between 16 and 22 years old and 5'1" in height.
Cynthia Constantine was 15 years old and about 5 ft tall.
Is this Unidentified female Cynthia Dawn Constantine?
Here's a video about the unidentified female

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-201206_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-201206_Maps.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2
Here's a facial comparison of Cynthia Dawn Constantine to the clay composite of the Manhattan Jane Doe (2003)
They believe she could've died anywhere between 1968 and up due to the 1966 Bulova watch on her wrist and the 1969 dime in her pocket.
The Namus for this Unidentified Doe is below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-215106_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220912-215106_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 8
Here's a facial comparison of Cynthia Dawn Constantine to the clay composite of the Manhattan Jane Doe (2003)
They believe she could've died anywhere between 1968 and up due to the 1966 Bulova watch on her wrist and the 1969 dime in her pocket.
This is a very good possibility. Has Manhattan Jane Doe 2003 been submitted for review against Cynthia Constantine?

She is not yet listed as a rule out.

Cynthia has wide set eyes.

The family wondered about a local being involved and burying Cynthia in the sea.
That’s always a possibility here. I’ve lived on Long Island my entire life and the town I lived in was very coastal. I believe the skull found in the pond honestly might be her but I haven’t heard anything about it.

Also have thought that Cynthia Constantine could be Manhattan Jane Doe 2003. Her timing is more in line with the jewelry found with MJD2003 than others I've seen mentioned. But I do fear that MJD2003 may be an undocumented Irish immigrant who lost touch with her family in Ireland, in which case, her identity may never be known.

Is the MJD2003 watch a wristwatch or pendant watch? From the image, it looks more like a pendant watch.

This is a very good possibility. Has Manhattan Jane Doe 2003 been submitted for review against Cynthia Constantine?

She is not yet listed as a rule out.
The America's Most Wanted skeleton could not have been her because it was determined some plastic bag scraps found at the scene were from a store called Talon and that did not exist until 1979. Furthermore, a label was found in the soil where the skeleton was found and it was determined that the label could not have existed before 1987.

The America's Most Wanted skeleton could not have been her because it was determined some plastic bag scraps found at the scene were from a store called Talon and that did not exist until 1979. Furthermore, a label was found in the soil where the skeleton was found and it was determined that the label could not have existed before 1987.
Agreed it's very, very unlikely. But they did find a 1969 (or 1968) dime with the MJD2003 remains.

Additional Personal Items: A 1969 (some sources state 1968) dime found with the remains. Clothing labels(s) from the Lady Garment Workers Union (or International Ladies Garment Workers) that appeared to be sewn into clothing in 1988, and a plastic toy soldier (no manufacturing date could be estimated).

Also, looking for a while at that clothing label. The labels used in the 60s sometimes strongly resemble the labels of the 80s, based on some sources I see. And do I see "Eve Pearson" on that label? Wondering if that's Evelyn Pearson, who I think also went by "Eve." She would have labels from the 1950s through to 1980s. I know nothing about those labels, but just trying to look at it a bit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back