NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

I think you guys are on the right track, in that I suspect that the victim was from Europe. Unfortunately, neither of these last two cases mentioned above seem to fit time wise.

I have been looking at the note and trying to decipher it. Could it be related to chemical compounds?

1) CID (Compound Indentification #) 74211 is Pyridine-3,4-dicarbonitrile or C7H3N3 (sorry, my subscripts aren't working!)

2) 24233 Sigma-Aldrich is Dichloromethane (a.k.a. Methylene chloride) or CH2Cl2 (again, pardon no subscripts)

3) CID 16790876 aka AG-C-68307

I have no idea if any of the above means anything at all, but I would appreciate comments from any chemists right about now! ;)

I also thought about postal codes. 68307 is the postal code for Azale Nebraska. 74211 seems to be a postal code in Mannheim Germany.

Nothing seemed to crop up for 24233.

So the postal code thing doesn't seem to be panning out.

24233 zip code is Sarasota, FL.

Life seems almost circular at times... I had come across a small plaque in the Sunset Hill Cemetery, Lakewood NY, with the simple inscription "Jane Doe 1983". The marker seemed so cold, so lonely that I had to find the story behind it. After a little research, I discovered it was the unidentified woman discussed here. I did some more research and here's something I came up with...

PDFrench.jpg
193UFNY.jpg

Patricia French went missing from Vancouver in early 1969 (she has a thread here on WS as well). She was 18 at the time, and is listed on Doe Network and the Vancouver PD website as blonde, 5'7 and about 130 pounds. Patricia was to have been travelling to Calgary to meet her family but was never seen again.

Consider... Patricia would have been 33 in 1983, within the estimation of the unidentified woman. Height and weight are, in my opinion, within reason. The most striking similarity is their appearance--the same eyebrow line, the same strong cheekbones and chin. There is also, of course, the Vancouver connection, which led me to Patricia in the first place.

One possible scenario, and this is of course pure speculation. The Doe Network page for the UID states she most likely had given birth some 15 years prior. A conception in late '68 with the birth being in mid- to late-'69 would be very possible. Could Patricia have chosen to disappear? Could she have gone back to Vancouver in '83 but changed her mind?

To me, the clothes may be something of a "red herring" as they could have been purchased anywhere, not necessarily by the UID herself in Europe. The cryptic note still bothers me...Could she have been searching for something? Something that took her across the continent and unwittingly into the hands of her murderer?

The Doe Network:
Case File 2442DFBC

Patricia Diane French
Missing since January 1, 1969 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: August 1, 1950
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 130 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair. Slim build.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Patricia French was last heard from in 1969.
She was supposed to meet her parents in Calgary, but failed to show.
She has not been seen or heard from since.

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft

From Belgium
Height: 5'4
Went missing in 1982 and traveled to Canada (UID had clothing from Canada), could have been traveling around.

Cons: say's her hair is blond, hair look very brown in ALL pictures. Could be a dark blond color which I know can look more brown in the winter.

On a serious note it says her eyes are blue, but I swear I have read on here before that after death the eyes can turn brown? or other colors? If this is not true I apologize, I'm not to good at this.

I also thought it could be her, her face could match, but also because of the handmade skirt, as in the picture with the short dark hair she wears a dress that seems home made? She was supposed to travel to Canada and live there with her husband, and Algerian diplomate, and her 3 year old son and the newborn baby. Just several weeks before she gave birth, she left her husband, took her son Yacine Idder with her to the UK, and her 2nd son Skandar Rick was born on August 11, 1982 in Harlow, UK. It is said that around christmas 1994 she called a former female collegue, but it is strange she didn't call any of her relatives in all those years if you ask me. If they already had bought the flight tickets to Canada, she could have taken the tickets and travel to Canada after giving birth? http://www.vermist.nl/vermissingen/detail/vermiste/567/

Last edited by a moderator:
There are amateur cryptanalysts on reddit who are quite good....perhaps someone can find the right reddit/subreddit and ask there? Or one of the sites devoted to other crypto-mysteries like Kryptos.

I'm not saying for sure it's a decipherable code. For all we know it's some crazy product numbers from a European catalog she was planning to order from. We may have been stumped for 30 years over what amounts to curtains, pillowcases, and a lampshade, you know?

However, my first thought is some kind of tradecraft. Just little things like the fact that she had expensive dental work and nice clothes and no one has missed her? Or if they did, they maybe had no idea she was in Canada or the US. Why? It's an odd message. And as someone pointed out shot in the mouth seems symbolic. Also, it's a long distance from Calgary to New York and weird to be making that trek alone. (Assuming she was alone, and again if not, why does no one miss her?)

Perhaps this is similar to the Isdalen Doe then. Maybe she flew into Canada so that her passport would not show her visiting the US. At that time I don't think she would have needed to show it to cross the border between one and the other.

I think it is a false trail. This website is some registry of companies, it provides some general info, among it is the date of the company's registration, which is 1.4.2010. Also, in 1983, then-Czechoslovakia was a communist country, and such companies were not allowed to function.

I think it is a false trail. This website is some registry of companies, it provides some general info, among it is the date of the company's registration, which is 1.4.2010. Also, in 1983, then-Czechoslovakia was a communist country, and such companies were not allowed to function.

Welcome to Ws Olek L, thanks for your helpful input, it is great to have insights from people all over the world!!

Her postmortem photo is available (and one of the most unpleasant I've seen) but I wonder if anyone would be able to produce a better quality reconstruction of her. I've never been a fan of most of the Project EDAN reconstructions, so it would be much better to see someone else's impression of this unfortunate woman.

Dotr...should we make a new threath about the case (ruling out the obscure note) Tried to find for a long time to know what it's about, but I think we are on the wrong track....Would like to have the note in my hand....and see for myself what is writen on it, because I have doubtes about what is it saying.... and a question Where was the note found....besite her, in her pocket....the case file does not mention that....

Yesterday I searched for her in the missing persons files from Finland, Zweden and Denmark...but (apart from the translation problems and the lack of central registration) i could not find a missing person who was matching with UD....frustrating, but I keep searching....also I looked up Slovanian missing people...(something to do with my investigations on the note) but still no hits.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back