Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeesh. Much ado about nothing. I'm bummed. Has anything positive come of this?

We'll see once the results come back from Quantico. Sadly it does not sound like they found anything substancial.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I believe it needed to be done...

-the family wanted the new DA to reopen the investigation

-that cemented floor needed to be dug up and the original walls needed to be examined

-it appears that what longtime DA Morgenthau had always argued-that there was not enough evidence to bring charges against Ramos, may still be the case

I believe it needed to be done...

-the family wanted the new DA to reopen the investigation

-that cemented floor needed to be dug up and the original walls needed to be examined

-it appears that what longtime DA Morgenthau had always argued-that there was not enough evidence to bring charges against Ramos may still be the case

I agree, even if nothing is found I think it might help the family. I give Nypd props for keeping this case open!!!!

With a possible second person of interest, IMO, it's even more likely Ramos will be released.

I and many others would be irate if Ramos were released in November 2012 and that basement had not been excavated.

BBM. The only thing I can see positive come out of this is possibly getting Etan's name out there. Personally, even though I remember the milk cartons, this was the first time I have heard the name Etan Patz. I knew absolutely nothing about the story and I think from reading other's comments, it is the first time a lot of people have heard about it.

There are no find Etan Patz websites, no current interviews, nothing.

We have had several high profile kidnapping cases lately, ie Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Shasta Groene, Shawn Hornbeck, Ben Ownbey, Steven Stayner, and thankfully they had good outcomes due to public awareness of the cases.

Heck, I even knew about the Adam Walsh case, but never Etan Patz. Why has the family not kept his name out there? From a lot of what I have read, the Patzes grew tired of meeting with new investigators. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care if I had to repeat the same information over and over, at least it would keep his name out there. Look at Jaycee and Shawn, they were missing for years and still came home. You would think they would see these outcomes and not just give up, especially letting their daughter dictate them on not giving interviews.

'

I and many others would be irate if Ramos were released in November 2012 and that basement had not been excavated.
Yeah, I suppose it had to be done. And Mr. Miller had to be "looked at" as a person of interest. They spent a whole lot of money covering for things that should have been done in the first months of the case, imo. But that's life, we're imperfect creatures.

Heck, I even knew about the Adam Walsh case, but never Etan Patz. Why has the family not kept his name out there? From a lot of what I have read, the Patzes grew tired of meeting with new investigators. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care if I had to repeat the same information over and over, at least it would keep his name out there. Look at Jaycee and Shawn, they were missing for years and still came home. You would think they would see these outcomes and not just give up, especially letting their daughter dictate them on not giving interviews.
'

Snipped by me. Respectfully, sometimes it's not a matter of giving up, but simply surviving. This case has been going on for thirty years - far, far longer than Jaycee and Shawn. These parents had other children as well. They have done quite a bit, staying at the same house, keeping the same phone number, etc. But, this case has been very hard on them as well, with "friends" capitalizing on their loss, as well as the suicide of one of the investigators of the case.

In all likelihood, Etan is dead. His family knows this. And as much as they want the case solved, they also cannot let it completely consume them. They have other children to live for as well. It is not their daughter "dictating" to them, I don't think, but simply parents who are trying to do their best in still living during the grueling, soul-sucking, never ending grief. Doing a few media interviews or creating a website won't fill that hole in their heart. And eventually, you have to take steps to keep the situation from hurting you further.

Just seems like this case was very high profile when it happened but I too had never heard about it. I was telling my mom and she didn't hear about it either. But I followed Natalee Holloways case and it was a big case but after so long people quit talking about it. Guess what happened to this case!

I would be interested to know what Ramos had to say to any of his inmate friends when this search was going on.

It should be noted that Ramos was found legally responsible for Etan's death in 2004 in a NY Civil Case.

Disappearance of Etan Patz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also from Wiki...
Etan's parents, Stanley and Julie Patz, pursued a civil case against Ramos.[6] They were awarded a 'symbolic' sum of $2 million, which they have never collected.[7] Ramos is currently serving a 20-year prison term in the State Correctional Institution – Dallas in Pennsylvania for child molestation. His scheduled release date is November 7, 2012.[3]

Every year, on the anniversaries of Etan's birthday and disappearance, Stan Patz has sent Ramos a copy of his son's missing child poster. On the back he types the same message: "What did you do to my little boy?" [3][5][1]

I wonder if we can get access to the civil case documents?

And something else.... does anyone find the photos odd? They are very posed. Taken by a professionally photographer I would think. The one where Etan has his shirt off.... creepy.

Also the father's description of his son being betrayed by an adult... this must come from evidence in the civil case...

Why has the family not kept his name out there? From a lot of what I have read, the Patzes grew tired of meeting with new investigators. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care if I had to repeat the same information over and over, at least it would keep his name out there.

Look, at the risk of being out of line here, and knowing that I have exactly three posts on this board, that I only joined to be able to supply concrete facts and clear up some misconceptions, and that the FBI is taking up right now and going back home with their toys, I think this comment, and others you have made in this vein, is way out of line.

This poor kid disappeared thirty-three years ago.
He would be 39 now.
He was declared legally dead twelve years ago.

He is dead.

He is not coming home.

He is not going to be found (though some traces of his body may be).

These poor people have been through H-E-•-•.

They are elderly now, and will go to their graves with their sadness, but their lives, and those of their children and grandchildren must go on.

Also, enough with the celebrity movie-location nonsense.
New York is not a movie set.
It is these people's home, and the home of millions of other people, who really do not care a whit about whether this or that place was in some movie or TV show, or whether some actor ate there, or, even, to be clear, whether that actor is eating at the next table over right now.
It is also the world center of media, which means constantly encountering streets closed by wise-guy 20-year-old gaffers and best-boys with walkie-talkies trying to prevent them from walking down their own streets because of some show they're filming, as well as having the press descend any time anything "interesting," like this investigation, occurs.

The Patzes have, I am sure, had it with all this press nonsense.
You may not understand what it is like to have reporters calling, ringing your doorbell, and accosting you on the street every time you go out to get a bagel, but it is the sort of thing that could drive a person insane.
And remember, this child is dead.
The press is not there to try to help finding a "lost" 39-year-old.
They are there to sensationalize this family's loss and make money from it, which, if you will observe, is something this family itself has never done.

I believe that the Patzes have behaved honorably and gracefully throughout this entire unending episode of 33 years, and to this day I grieve for their loss.

I apologize if this post violates this board's conventions, but I just couldn't keep quiet anymore.

It should be noted that Ramos was found legally responsible for Etan's death in 2004 in a NY Civil Case.

Also from Wiki...
Etan's parents, Stanley and Julie Patz, pursued a civil case against Ramos.[6] They were awarded a 'symbolic' sum of $2 million, which they have never collected.[7] Ramos is currently serving a 20-year prison term in the State Correctional Institution – Dallas in Pennsylvania for child molestation. His scheduled release date is November 7, 2012.[3]

Every year, on the anniversaries of Etan's birthday and disappearance, Stan Patz has sent Ramos a copy of his son's missing child poster. On the back he types the same message: "What did you do to my little boy?" [3][5][1]

I wonder if we can get access to the civil case documents?

And something else.... does anyone find the photos odd? They are very posed. Taken by a professionally photographer I would think. The one where Etan has his shirt off.... creepy.

Also the father's description of his son being betrayed by an adult... this must come from evidence in the civil case...

I think Stan, Etan's father, is a professional photographer, and those photos were from his personal collection. I find them sweet in that context.

I think I read somewhere that the parent's polygraphs had inconsistent results- anyone have a link on that?

I have a couple friends who are professional photographers and all their pictures look posed. It's not for me, but if you're a photographer you see things differently, I guess. Even candids look posed. I sometimes think the kids will grow up never having a "normal" picture of themselves. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but when you scroll through 100 kid pictures and they all look edited and touched up, it somehow loses something. The child becomes less a child and more a model, somehow.

Nothing at all to do with Etan except that his dad was a photographer so his pictures will look professional.

My Dad was a professional photographer, around the same time, and not far from the same place.

It's true, I guess, even the candid snapshots of us as kids look a bit "posed" or "polished."
Never thought about it really.

It only stands to reason, though, when he would take three or four rolls of film at a time, that the pictures that he printed all looked good.

In the new age of digital photography, we will notice that all kids' pictures start to look professional, since it doesn't cost any more to take a hundred pictures than it does to take one. My dad bought film by the hundred-foot roll and rolled and developed it himself, but even so, it wasn't cheap for him to photograph us.

Also from Wiki...

Respectfully Snipped

I believe that by refusing to answer questions, Ramos was viewed as not responding to the civil suit, and was therefore found guilty in the civil case:

In 2002, Etan's father, Stan Patz, had Etan declared dead in order to sue Ramos in civil court. A civil judge in 2004 found Ramos to be responsible for the disappearance and presumed death of the boy, after he disobeyed the judge's orders to answer deposition questions under oath for a lawyer representing Etan's parents.

Prosecutors, however, lacked enough evidence to charge Ramos criminally.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...case-expected-to-resume-monday/#ixzz1stHMcvHp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member