Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this says it all.

Those poor people. :(

patz_parents_145417233_fullwidth_620x350.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ing-etan-patz-i-just-wish-this-could-be-over/

PH is saying he first put the body in the freezer until he had an opportunity to move it out to the trash. If it were first frozen, it would take a good while longer to develop an odor and, perhaps, the trash pick-up came only a short time later.

http://abcnews.go.com/News/etan-pat...-store-freezer/story?id=16444148#.T8UuIMX090Q

BBM

Just using your post & link as a jump off point, DLT88:

***SEMI GRAPHIC POST***

Allow me to state that this assumption could be wrong by me, as my depth perception is always off, but wouldn't it be even more difficult to put a body that had been in a freezer into a bag & then place it in a box? I know it wouldn't be completely frozen by any means, but it would be stiff from being in the freezer, yes?

Now, if the other article(s) that report his confession mentioned placing Ethan in the refrigerator are true, this holds no bearing, I guess.

Have noticed something very strange. I mentioned before - Ramos refers to May 29, 1979. Etan went missing May 25, 1979. Ramos writes circa 2000 -

attachment.php

{source: http://www.prisoners.com/ttttruth.html }

Pedro Charging Document :
attachment.php

The Case Details regarding Pedro list May 29, 1979 as the Incident Date.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The very same date that Ramos stated he was questioned about. Why is the Incident Date not the same as the date on the Charging Document of Pedro ?
And how did Ramos know the date May 29 would be significant ? I linked to Ramos online statement - and mentioned the dates in April - before an arrest had been made in this case - in a post here. How could the incident date be 4 days after Etan is reported missing ? May 25 is the incident date. Especially now that Criminal Charges have finally come about - the incident date of May 29 does not match any date - the date Etan was reported missing. The date on Pedro's Charging Document. LE must have been questioning Ramos specifically about May 29. Ramos also states LE photographed him with a boy in the park from their patrol car. LE would not be investigating a missing person before they went missing. If Ramos was seen in the park with a boy who matched Etan's description during the search for Etan - LE would have done a lot more than just sat in their cruiser and took photos - they would have presumed it was Etan if it was after May 25, 1979. And took custody of the boy. ~

Attachments

• Ramos.PNG
    Ramos.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Pedro.PNG
    Pedro.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 366
  • PedroArrestSmall.PNG
    PedroArrestSmall.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 362
  • PedroArrest2Small.PNG
    PedroArrest2Small.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 362
My gut reaction is that May 29 is a typographical error and not significant beyond that, but I could be very wrong.

BBM

Just using your post & link as a jump off point, DLT88:

***SEMI GRAPHIC POST***

Allow me to state that this assumption could be wrong by me, as my depth perception is always off, but wouldn't it be even more difficult to put a body that had been in a freezer into a bag & then place it in a box? I know it wouldn't be completely frozen by any means, but it would be stiff from being in the freezer, yes?

Now, if the other article(s) that report his confession mentioned placing Ethan in the refrigerator are true, this holds no bearing, I guess.

Just a thought... possibly PH put Etan's body into a bag then in a box and then put the whole thing in the walk-in freezer... that would also explain why no one else noticed a body in the freezer...

My gut reaction is that May 29 is a typographical error and not significant beyond that, but I could be very wrong.

Well if it was the only thing that seemed out of place with this case - then it would be no big deal. But Ramos has been deemed liable for the death of Etan. Not only for the death of Etan - but for forcible abduction, intentional confinement, detainment, restraint and deprivation of liberty and civil rights. Also battery, molestation, physical and sexual abuse of Etan. Now Pedro is charged and jailed for acting alone in Etan's death.

It has been reported that Ramos was found guilty in a Civil Trial of the wrongful death of Etan. There was not really a trial - it was reported Ramos failed to respond. Ramos did respond though. He asked to have an attorney present at the Civil Trial. Or to have the Trial when he is on parole. Both were denied. So the hearings took place in which LE presented statements that Ramos abducted, confined, molested then killed Etan. And was found guilty due to the fact that he did not respect the Court's request to either be deposed - or come to Trial with no legal counsel. Since he was already in prison at the time - I am unsure of how he was expected to provide his own counsellor - if that is what was expected of him - since this was Civil and not Criminal Court. Possibly the May 29th Incident date is from the case file - since Ramos seems to believe the 29th is the date of Etan's disappearance. Possibly LE could lock down Ramos whereabouts - except for the 29th. So the 29th became the incident date. A typo is a one time thing. Not a date used as the Incident Date for a case that has been worked for 33 years. And for Ramos to mention the exact date in the one and only statement available to the public - seems unlikely. The date has some significance - figuring it out may be difficult.

I mean would the Father of Etan really wanted to initiate that Civil Trial at the advice of LE and endure the theories of how Ramos killed his boy and finally get a Declaration of Death for Etan based on the Civil hearings only now to have someone criminally charged. The Mother of Etan was not on board with the Declaration Of Death thing. Part of the hearings the Father of Etan went through alone. Now Ramos is not the guy. I cannot imagine. Ramos was the boyfriend of the family housesitter. She was in the home the day Etan went missing - she was going to be housesitting their home as soon as Etan returned from school. Now to find out the LE they trusted all these years that assured them Ramos was the guy - had it wrong. I can only hope someone gets it right for this family. How many trials of different guys from the neighborhood are they expected to attend in finding the truth ?

Attachments

• Ramos1.PNG
    Ramos1.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Ramos2.PNG
    Ramos2.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Ramos3.PNG
    Ramos3.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Ramos4.PNG
    Ramos4.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys, I’m mostly a reader not a poster but half way thru catching up on the recent events I got a thought. PH said in his confession that he put Etna in a bag in a box and dropped him in or by a pile of garbage. I searched and found that there was a garbage strike going on in May and June 1979 which means the box had to be sitting there for some time.

In May 1979, New York City faced a garbage emergency when an apartment workers’ union went on strike. In a moment symbolic of the failure of the urban network, the city government was humiliated when a horde of rats attacked a downtown office worker on her way home from work. When the Health Department responded, it uncovered thirty-two tons of garbage and an estimated 4,000 rodents in the neighboring vacant lot. And as Douglas Crimp tells it:

"[T]hey also found something else, even more difficult to explain to the public. Pasted to the temporary wall barricading the vacant lot from the street were pictures of a huge, sinister attacking rat, reproductions of a photograph from the Health Department's own files." (Crimp 1984: 52)
http://hemi.nyu.edu/hemi/en/e-misferica-61/s-anderson

I can't seem to find anything other than articles about the Rat Patrol project; does anyone know anything else about this? Sorry if this was posted before I still have to catch up.

Hi guys, I’m mostly a reader not a poster but half way thru catching up on the recent events I got a thought. PH said in his confession that he put Etna in a bag in a box and dropped him in or by a pile of garbage. I searched and found that there was a garbage strike going on in May and June 1979 which means the box had to be sitting there for some time.

http://hemi.nyu.edu/hemi/en/e-misferica-61/s-anderson

I can't seem to find anything other than articles about the Rat Patrol project; does anyone know anything else about this? Sorry if this was posted before I still have to catch up.

IIRC, that was settled just before Etan went missing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hernandez-confessed-to-killing-etan-patz.html

Not sure if The Daily Beast is considered reliable or mainstream media, but, for what it's worth,

thanks, i read that too and wondered yet we know from the original reports that PH didn't go to LE directly on his own so I imagine he didn't admit readily.

I'm looking forward to the evaluation if he is mentally able to stand trial. All I can see from information given is that he has 'only' ever admitted to this murder so regardless of his mental state now it appears he knew right from wrong. Enough to apparently show some guilt when he brought it up at the spiritual group and the family member he told (forget who that was?) If he hallucinated it, I find it odd he never hallucinated other murders or crimes?

I just have a feeling he did do it, knew it was wrong, wanted redemption but not enough to go to LE himself... and it drove whatever mental instability he already had to get progressively worse. He was well enough to get married twice, have 3 children within those marriages.. and so far no other murders...i dunno, seems like he was raised in a religious family, maybe that has something to do with hiding the ped (since imo he is a ped)

Its unfortunate that this may be dismissed due to not having physical evidence and he is now having all kinds of medical issues that make it appear untrue. jmo i'm waiting patiently for more information and hoping the family can withstand even more grief as this process goes forward.

I really wish we could find his remains. That would clear up most doubt about the suspect, if he could lead us there, but its looking like another amber swartz garcia case, a case marked as solved without remains. Giving him a proper burial is something any parent should be able to do for their child...

MAPLE SHADE, N.J. -- Homicide case investigators raided the New Jersey home of Etan Patz murder suspect Pedro Hernandez as they looked for more evidence tying him to the crime.

Detectives arrived at the home in Maple Shade on Wednesday night with their weapons drawn to execute a search warrant on the property, myFOXphilly.com reported.

Hernandez's wife and daughter were at the home at the time but later were driven away.

Bags of evidence, including a computer hard drive, were removed from the scene, and officers were still at the house Thursday morning.

(snip)

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/187251...sey-home-of-etan-patz-suspect-remove-computer

Not sure if this was posted yet...

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18686732/in-nyc-missing-boy-case-complex-question-of-duty

In NYC missing boy case, complex question of duty
Posted: Jun 03, 2012
Decades before he was arrested in one of the country's most haunting missing-child cases, Pedro Hernandez told people he had killed a child, police and relatives say.

His alleged remarks in the 1980s made their way just last month to New York City police, who say Hernandez then told them he'd strangled 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979. Although one relative says she tried to tell authorities years ago about a rumor that he'd confessed in a prayer group to a child slaying, other people apparently stayed silent.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06...ossible-motive-be-emerging-in-etan-patz-case/

Snipped

Norma Hernandez told CBS This Morning’s Miller that she heard Pedro hated Sammy so much, he hurt the boy.

“That Pedro — a smack in the face, and then tell him, ‘You’re like the devil,’” Norma Hernandez said, referring to her nephew.

Detectives are still looking for a motive. Sammy Santana told CBS 2′s Guzman since he is waiting to talk to detectives he would not talk on camera. He said he does not remember anyone telling him, “Pedro thought you had the devil in you and hit you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304