Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYPD detectives found an old toy and worn clothing that are “age appropriate” for Etan Patz hidden in the New Jersey home of the boy’s confessed killer, law-enforcement sources told The Post yesterday.…

The clothes and unidentified toy appear to be from the late 1970s. The clothes were worn and “not clean,” the source said. “Imagine what your drawers would look like 33 years later.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...tan_slay_fP80xTLJI5KnhZDRbhTSOO#ixzz1xCWONc1H

“When they were found, the air was sucked right out of the room, [it was] a very emotional moment,” a source said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...tan_slay_fP80xTLJI5KnhZDRbhTSOO#ixzz1xDUjSoyI

Wonder if they found a pilot's cap or a toy that only a few and the family know was in Etan's cloth bag. Perhaps, identifying the toy [if there was one] was an intimate detail Hernandez provided during his "confession."

That would suck the air right out of the room.

“When they were found, the air was sucked right out of the room, [it was] a very emotional moment,” a source said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...tan_slay_fP80xTLJI5KnhZDRbhTSOO#ixzz1xDUjSoyI

Wonder if they found a pilot's cap or a toy that only a few and the family know was in Etan's cloth bag. Perhaps, identifying the toy [if there was one] was an intimate detail Hernandez provided during his "confession."

There is one thing only the LE and Etan's sister knows that no one else knows so, I'm wondering is it the toy?? Etan was not to bring any toys to school but he did and only is sister knew about it and told the police??
I hope this is the break that is needed to show he did kill little Etan. I pray it is!!

In Patz Case, a Confession on an Image of the Child

“They had him sign on the photograph, and write, ‘I killed him’ or ‘I strangled him,’ ” said the official, who was granted anonymity to discuss evidence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/08/n...sion-on-boys-picture.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

JMO, but I don't see Hernandez signing his name on the photograph as a big deal. I could be wrong but couldn't his mental illness be used to say he didn't know what he was doing??
Now, if these clothes and toy are Etan then I can see this a good thing.

About how long does it take for them to run test on the clothes and toy??

Hi guys, I’m mostly a reader not a poster but half way thru catching up on the recent events I got a thought. PH said in his confession that he put Etna in a bag in a box and dropped him in or by a pile of garbage. I searched and found that there was a garbage strike going on in May and June 1979 which means the box had to be sitting there for some time.

http://hemi.nyu.edu/hemi/en/e-misferica-61/s-anderson

I can't seem to find anything other than articles about the Rat Patrol project; does anyone know anything else about this? Sorry if this was posted before I still have to catch up.

Good find, thank-you for posting that.

OMG, I can't believe that. That might be the corroborating evidence needed to give Etan's family closure. :(

Since the items are reported to be from the late 1970s, my speculation is that the "toy" may be a small action/hero figure or even a figure from popular film (Star Wars). Or perhaps even a small matchbox-type car still popular during the late 70s.

I believe it is common for young children to place favorite "toy" in knapsack or bag, and slip out during recess or play with on the school bus, but not during class.

IF Etan's DNA were to be found on "toy" and/or clothing, I would have great difficulty with any insanity (schizophrenia, auditory and visual hallucinations, etc.) type of defense. For starters, the clothing was removed from body. IMO, enough said as to motive right there.

Snipped

A small pair of shorts and a Matchbox car were found at the home of the mentally-ill New Jersey man who claims he strangled little Etan Patz, but police don’t think they belonged to the 6-year-old Manhattan boy who vanished three decades ago.

Snipped

Suspect Pedro Hernandez and his wife Rosemary got the items from neighbors in Maple Shade, N.J., and were intending to sell them at yard sales, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ain-etan-patz-article-1.1092172#ixzz1xED9Cpeo

Here's where I'm at now: Stop with all the so-called leaks and so-called unidentified/anonymous sources.

Snipped

A small pair of shorts and a Matchbox car were found at the home of the mentally-ill New Jersey man who claims he strangled little Etan Patz, but police don’t think they belonged to the 6-year-old Manhattan boy who vanished three decades ago.

Snipped

Suspect Pedro Hernandez and his wife Rosemary got the items from neighbors in Maple Shade, N.J., and were intending to sell them at yard sales, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ain-etan-patz-article-1.1092172#ixzz1xED9Cpeo

Here's where I'm at now: Stop with all the so-called leaks and so-called unidentified/anonymous sources.

this is not good news :( I'm sad

Hi guys, I’m mostly a reader not a poster but half way thru catching up on the recent events I got a thought. PH said in his confession that he put Etna in a bag in a box and dropped him in or by a pile of garbage. I searched and found that there was a garbage strike going on in May and June 1979 which means the box had to be sitting there for some time.

http://hemi.nyu.edu/hemi/en/e-misferica-61/s-anderson

I can't seem to find anything other than articles about the Rat Patrol project; does anyone know anything else about this? Sorry if this was posted before I still have to catch up.

Interesting. Maybe a private company was hired by whose garbage that was and they took it.

The original media reports regarding the confession of Pedro give minimal information. No reports of how or if the belongings of Etan were disposed of. Etan had a bookbag - and contents. Etan had clothing - with pockets - possible belongings in pockets. Etan was wearing tennis shoes. Etan was wearing a hat. Any jewelry ? Housekey worn around neck ? Any other items that parents might not have known Etan had taken to school that day - that were never missed ? Any items borrowed from friends that family might not have known - and never reported missing from home.

It has not been reported what has happened to Etan's belongings. Since Pedro has been formally charged for the death of Etan - then I will go with the theory that Perdo ultimately placed Etan in the cubby on Thompson Street . That was the information that was reported - and the information never included belongings of Etan. But does not mean belongings of Etan were not with Etan - and not included in media reports. It is possible Perdo kept all - some - or even one of Etan's belongings for all of this time.

If belongings that were with Etan the day he went missing could be recovered now - used as evidence - and finally returned to the family of Etan - that may be as close to an ending that will ever come for the family of Etan.

We have a confession, BUT no body. DANGER AHEAD
Can we assume, that Pedro made incriminating statement tying him to Etan? It Can't be how he murdered him, because we can't corroborate his statement to a BODY!
Assume, then, that he knew about Etan school-ware, book bag,nobody marks, all,or some of this type of info? SHAKEY Evidence.
RE garbage strike in NYC at that time? Good reason for folks not to notice odor or even LOOK at garbage mounds!
Just a few thought to throw out.

This ship hauled NYC garbage in May and June 1979 during NYC strike! NYPD are u listening?

http://www.76fsa.org/cgta/sauk.htm

In the January 1963, Sauk grounded on a rock in the Hudson River, took on water and sank. She was raised, repaired and placed back in service. 12 January 1968 she assisted in fighting a fire aboard British MV Manchester Miller in New York Harbor. 9 February 1970 she played a major role in refloating tanker Desert Princess aground in Hell's Gate. May and June 1979 hauled garbage during NYC strike. March 1980 assisted fighting fir on pier at Weehawken NJ. June 1980 fought fire on tug Hudson R #4 on the Hudson River. Decommissioned 30 April 1985

A search of the home of Etan Patz’s accused killer turned up a pair of boys’ white Fruit of the Loom briefs, a yellow Matchbox-style car etched with the word “Stryker” and a pair of blue children’s-size shorts, sources said yesterday.

The items were found secreted in an attic room of the Maple Shade, NJ, house of Pedro Hernandez, who used the space as his bedroom, sources said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...revealed_VwZjOB1qikFtLu8QK2yPZI#ixzz1xJJse6L8

Police went in with a search warrant to seize computers, looking for digital media, any writings -- whether Hernandez had written about the case or his confession or anything else. And when they came across these children's clothes -- there's no little kids who live in that house, so that struck them as unusual, and they actually kind of stopped what they were doing and got the search warrant amended so that they could seize those items, as well. They went to the court and wanted to add children's clothing and toys to it and took them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57449988/new-etan-patz-evidence-questioned/

Etched on the Matchbox-type car found in attic: Stryker:

Col. William "Bill" Stryker, M.D. is a fictional comic book supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe, and enemy of the X-Men. Created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Brent Anderson, he first appeared in the 1982 graphic novel X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.

Rev. Stryker is a Christian fundamentalist televangelist who sees himself on a mission from God to destroy the mutant race.

William Stryker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Etched on the Matchbox-type car found in attic: Stryker:

Col. William "Bill" Stryker, M.D. is a fictional comic book supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe, and enemy of the X-Men. Created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Brent Anderson, he first appeared in the 1982 graphic novel X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.

Rev. Stryker is a Christian fundamentalist televangelist who sees himself on a mission from God to destroy the mutant race.

William Stryker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope they have contacted Matchbox or whatever company made the toy car and asked them when that particular model was made. If it is later that 1979 then it couldn't have belonged to Etan.

Although why a pair of underwear belonging to a little boy would be found "secreted" in anyone's house I'll never know! I hope they can get dna off of that evidence.

We have a confession, BUT no body. DANGER AHEAD
Can we assume, that Pedro made incriminating statement tying him to Etan? It Can't be how he murdered him, because we can't corroborate his statement to a BODY!
Assume, then, that he knew about Etan school-ware, book bag,nobody marks, all,or some of this type of info? SHAKEY Evidence.
RE garbage strike in NYC at that time? Good reason for folks not to notice odor or even LOOK at garbage mounds!
Just a few thought to throw out.

Well we do not corroborate any statements - LE does.

If the fact that Etan has not and possibly will not be found - then an arrest and conviction could never happen - if finding the victim is necessary. If that were the case - no one would ever be convicted of a murder without the victim being found. And this is not true.

Say for instance - Etan did have a bookbag with small elephant print that he usually carried to school. On the day he went missing he carried a different bookbag - one with small bears print. The person who harmed Etan would not only have disposed of Etan - but his belongings. While it has only been reported that Etan carried an elephant print bookbag - perhaps while interviewing a person LE would ask what did you do with his belongings ? The person might say - I took his bookbag which had small bears on it and did such and such with it.

Of course this would not be all evidence - this is one example of things released to public - and things only the perp would know. That is why the belongings of Etan are important. Also the perp might have actually kept some of the belongings. The investigation is far from over - perhaps LE will search other places - not only the Maple Shade home. What if Pedro disclosed that he never threw away the belongings - but did not keep them at his home. What if LE cannot recover Etan himself - but can recover the belongings - based on statements of Perdo? Or Etan's belongings have been in Pedro's possession for 33 years ?

LE has stated that they are obtaining both private garbage collection and Department Of Sanitation records from the time surrounding Etan's disappearance.

LE is investigating thouroghly - the media reports are conflicting - and they are not from public record - the confession has not been made public. The next hearing on this case is June 25.

I am not assuming anything - Pedro has been charged with the murder of Etan.

attachment.php

Therefore he is more than a person of interest. Pedro may be found not guilty - this is a possibility yes. But it is not nothing. If anything is shakey - it is the media coverage of this case.

Attachments

• PedroCharge.PNG
    PedroCharge.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 424
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics