GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link:

Steven Bennett, 61, and his partner, 50-year-old Heidi Tranberg-Bennett were charged with manslaughter in the second degree for the death of their 12-year-old daughter last month in county court. On Friday afternoon, Columbia County District Attorney Paul Czajka successfully argued in family court to have the Bennett’s four grandchildren taken into protective custody.
Two autopsies say that the cause of death was an undiagnosed kidney disorder.
The children were in the courthouse at the time of the proceeding and the adult family members were given an opportunity to have an emotional few minutes with the kids before CPS took them away.
CPS takes custody of grandkids of couple charged with manslaughter - Mid Hudson News

So all the kids are back in DSS custody and charges may come for other adult family members. Wow!

the house of macrobiotics Facebook page clearly depicts a vegan family (nothing wrong with being vegan, but I’m pointing it out because they lie and claim they aren’t vegan). The house of microbiotics page also has numerous posts about how food is medicine, and that chronic illnesses like colon cancer can be cured with a plant based diet. I would bet they knew how sick Evanna was for quite some time, but insisted she would be magically cured by eating organic sticky candies and fruit.

House Of Macrobiotics

Wow. A macrobiotic lifestyle will mess with your creatinine big time if not watched carefully.

The only way they say it is not vegan is because you can have a little whitefish at most twice a week. Organic fruit in season twice a week at most.

Hmmmm, thus the fruit? The stickies sweet I recall having was an umbashi plumb. It's an immensely difficult lifestyle (not diet) to adapt to. Sorry to sound like a know it all, but I did it. People said I was "sick skinny". No body fat.

As soon as I knew I was pregnant that all ended and my child was never in a macrobiotic lifestyle. So these folks.....well I won't say.

Poor little Evanna. I'm sorry for the other kids as well too to have gone through this.

TBH IMO I was shocked they returned some of the children to the household in the first place. Also could not understand how the adult daily caregivers of the poor child that died had not also been charged. They fully ignored & deleted comments & messages to them to refrain from posting publicly when a criminal investigation was underway. Had they done so, they could have at least claimed not being aware of nutrition/Calcium Deprivation. As well as they have cornered themselves in many other ways because of their public posts. REMEMBER this family had years of cases including the child who died ALSO consisting of Calcium depletion & Low Vitamin D. And when finally deciding to take her to hospital, they waited a full day to get a friend to come get them, rather than calling 911 before she collapsed.

Last edited:
I personally follow just a few cases here on WS. Most, if not all are crimes against children. Some are "in the news" where it makes a national view. Some are not. Many involve sickening and deadly crimes against victims. Some are horrid examples of abuse and neglect resulting in death, while perpetrator and other family members looked on (or away). This case is shocking to me, due to the complete IGNORANCE (IMO) of being a responsible parent, and protecting the health and well being of a child. In that respect, IMO..the multiple children in the home are at risk. And, sadly it has been shown by the case so far, IMO.. that not one adult member in the home will accept that premise of responsibility

This case is shocking to me, due to the complete IGNORANCE (IMO) of being a responsible parent, and protecting the health and well being of a child. In that respect, IMO..the multiple children in the home are at risk. And, sadly it has been shown by the case so far, IMO.. that not one adult member in the home will accept that premise of responsibility
IMO not ignorance at all, but complete knowledge based on their FB posts that they were aware of the consequences of medical neglect & nutritional deficiencies from past CPS taking the children as well as self-identified vast knowledge of nutrition. Additionally they confirmed that the “Father” finally decided she could die & needed hospital care, but waited another full day to arrange personal transport. Any reasonable person would not make those choices & that reckless indifference caused her death. That is EXACTLY what is needed for a manslaughter conviction IMO -totally agree with their repeated history of taking zero responsibility for any welfare issues related to the children.

TBH IMO I was shocked they returned some of the children to the household in the first place. Also could not understand how the adult daily caregivers of the poor child that died had not also been charged. They fully ignored & deleted comments & messages to them to refrain from posting publicly when a criminal investigation was underway. Had they done so, they could have at least claimed not being aware of nutrition/Calcium Deprivation. As well as they have cornered themselves in many other ways because of their public posts. REMEMBER this family had years of cases including the child who died ALSO consisting of Calcium depletion & Low Vitamin D. And when finally deciding to take her to hospital, they waited a full day to get a friend to come get them, rather than calling 911 before she collapsed.
Yes, exactly. According to their FB their first involvement with DSS/CPS was in Massachusetts in 2002! So for 18 years and in two states the kids have been removed and returned. So sad! MOO.

Hopefully the Admin here recognize the Family’s continuous & long history of threats of defamation legal suits, even against their own family. They clearly don’t understand the law, (no matter how many times they might quote Wikipedia) nor that no attorney would take such a frivolous case no matter how much they suggest commentary would have any legal merit here. Hoping THIS time Websleuths site owner keeps this thread available. It is currently the only voice of reasonable commentary available in any public forum regarding this case IMO

Yes, exactly. According to their FB their first involvement with DSS/CPS was in Massachusetts in 2002! So for 18 years and in two states the kids have been removed and returned. So sad! MOO.

Wow! 18 years!? Preposterous!! IMO, one would think that appropriate knowledge of childhood health and nutrition would have been grasped and retained from all that experience. Geesh! Poor Evanna!

From your link:

Steven Bennett, 61, and his partner, 50-year-old Heidi Tranberg-Bennett were charged with manslaughter in the second degree for the death of their 12-year-old daughter last month in county court. On Friday afternoon, Columbia County District Attorney Paul Czajka successfully argued in family court to have the Bennett’s four grandchildren taken into protective custody.
Two autopsies say that the cause of death was an undiagnosed kidney disorder.
The children were in the courthouse at the time of the proceeding and the adult family members were given an opportunity to have an emotional few minutes with the kids before CPS took them away.
CPS takes custody of grandkids of couple charged with manslaughter - Mid Hudson News

So all the kids are back in DSS custody and charges may come for other adult family members. Wow!

but... but... I thought the autopsies proved the first responders killed her?

but... but... I thought the autopsies proved the first responders killed her?

I know, right? IMO, their stories have change with the wind, since I first heard of this tragedy. The EMT's /Paramedics/ First Responders more than likely, ( again MOO) came in to see a lifeless child, who was not breathing or barely breathing. CPR is required in those instances. CPR can be brutal to watch and see happening in front of you. But, CPR does save lives. That story and accusation from the family alarmed my senses immediately. Or, as others used to say...My Hinky Meter went off!

I have a question regarding the FB posts. If (IMO) one or more of the family members are responsible for that ‘family FB’ account. How would/could they hypothetically be accountable for that legally?

who’s to say who is actually writing those posts? Everyone seems IMO to be thinking the FB is a bad idea (which I agree with) but couldn’t anyone charged theoretically just claim it was someone else on the family creating all those posts, or that they were satire or something?

Have there been cases in the past in which FB posts like this have been admissible in court, for instance their account of the events on the night of the child’s death vs documentation or testimony from medical professionals or LEOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey