NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

Fahim didn’t leave a will but was worth around $6 million at the time of his death according to papers filed by one of his sisters, Rifayet Saleh, in Manhattan's Surrogate Court. His only debt was a $1.8 million mortgage on his $2.2 million East Houston Street apartment. As he died without a will and had no wife or children, under New York law his money would go to his parents.

Rifayet asked the court to be quickly appointed as the administrator of her brother's estate so she could access the funds to take over operations of his businesses. A judge allowed her to collect $4 million from the estate.

Court documents said Fahim’s “parents and siblings desperately wish to preserve and cultivate the businesses in order to fulfill the decedent’s ambitions, which were cruelty and prematurely denied to him”.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/27/slain-tech-ceo-fahim-saleh-left-behind-6m-court-papers/

This article doesn't appear to have been posted yet.

FS trusted TH, saw something in him where most people found an impenetrable wall. Even members of TH’s own family describe him as aloof and independent. Not the sort of man who’s prone to flying into rages.

His aunt said, “He never showed his emotions. His behavior, the way he was, he acted nonchalantly. He would do whatever he wanted.”

When TH was a 12-year-old , she gave him a home after the death of his grandmother, who had taken him in years earlier when his mother ended up in a mental institution. But the aunt couldn’t provide his forever home. At 17, Haspil once again cut roots and finished his youth in foster care. She said, “He wasn’t listening to me so he left. We went to court. I couldn’t deal with it anymore.”

Those who say they remember TH from high school don’t tend to use the word “crazy,” except in reference to his alleged crime. They describe an intensely private young man with whom few, if any, admit to remaining close.

One of his friends said, “He never shared details about his life, but there’s always been something odd about him. Never talked about his life or where he came from, even after knowing him for so long. He was in my friend group in H.S. and everyone I’ve talked to about this is shocked.”

Another adds, “The [alleged] killer, Tyrese, was a friend of a friend of mine. When I had met him, he seemed really smart and well-spoken and I felt like he always had a goal in mind. I never would have expected him to go down this path, and [it] really makes me shudder because you never know who you meet in life can do such sick crimes.”

TL spent nearly a quarter of his life working for FS by the time everything fell apart.

A Vicious Murder Rocked the Startup World. Who Was the Victim — And the Accused?

This article doesn't appear to have been posted yet.

FS trusted TH, saw something in him where most people found an impenetrable wall. Even members of TH’s own family describe him as aloof and independent. Not the sort of man who’s prone to flying into rages.

His aunt said, “He never showed his emotions. His behavior, the way he was, he acted nonchalantly. He would do whatever he wanted.”

When TH was a 12-year-old , she gave him a home after the death of his grandmother, who had taken him in years earlier when his mother ended up in a mental institution. But the aunt couldn’t provide his forever home. At 17, Haspil once again cut roots and finished his youth in foster care. She said, “He wasn’t listening to me so he left. We went to court. I couldn’t deal with it anymore.”

Those who say they remember TH from high school don’t tend to use the word “crazy,” except in reference to his alleged crime. They describe an intensely private young man with whom few, if any, admit to remaining close.

One of his friends said, “He never shared details about his life, but there’s always been something odd about him. Never talked about his life or where he came from, even after knowing him for so long. He was in my friend group in H.S. and everyone I’ve talked to about this is shocked.”

Another adds, “The [alleged] killer, Tyrese, was a friend of a friend of mine. When I had met him, he seemed really smart and well-spoken and I felt like he always had a goal in mind. I never would have expected him to go down this path, and [it] really makes me shudder because you never know who you meet in life can do such sick crimes.”

TL spent nearly a quarter of his life working for FS by the time everything fell apart.

A Vicious Murder Rocked the Startup World. Who Was the Victim — And the Accused?
Thank you for posting this article! It was probably the first well-written article that I have seen in some time! It is just so sad that TH let greed get the best of him after he made it out of "the system" & poverty & then caused another man to lose his life! I love underdog stories & have friends that started from almost nothing & made something great of themselves, but this young man just threw it all away over money, SMH!

Tuesday, March 30th:
*Hearing (@ am ET) - NY – Fahim Saleh (33) (July 15, 2020, Manhattan) – *Tyrese Devon Haspil (21) taken into custody (7/17/20), charged & arraigned (7/18/20) with 1st & 2nd degree murder, 3 counts of 2nd degree grand larceny, 2nd degree burglary, concealment of a human corpse & tampering with physical evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder Info & court info from 7/15/20 thru 10/2/20 reference post #598 here:
NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*0
10/13/20 Update: Haspil has pleaded not guilty before a state court judge in Manhattan after a grand jury indicted (10/13/20) him on upgraded charges of first- and second-degree murder, second-degree grand larceny, second-degree burglary, concealment of a human corpse & tampering with physical evidence. Saleh "was a witness to a crime committed on a prior occasion and the death was caused for the purpose of preventing the intended victim's testimony in any criminal action or proceeding whether or not such action or proceeding had been commenced," according to the indictment. The indictment charges Haspil with three grand larceny counts for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars from Saleh through PayPal and Intuit transfers. He is due back in court on Jan. 11, 2021.
1/11/21 Update: Next hearing on 3/30/21.

Wednesday, May 5th:
*Hearing (@ am ET) - NY – Fahim Saleh (33) (July 15, 2020, Manhattan) – *Tyrese Devon Haspil (21) taken into custody (7/17/20), charged & arraigned (7/18/20) with 1st & 2nd degree murder, 3 counts of 2nd degree grand larceny, 2nd degree burglary, concealment of a human corpse & tampering with physical evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder Info & court info from 7/15/20 thru 10/13/20 reference post #604 here:
NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

1/11/21 Update: Next hearing on 3/30/21. 3/30/21 Update: Next hearing on 5/5/21

The assistant accused of dismembering a millionaire tech CEO was obsessed with his boss' life

As Saleh began to spend more time abroad working on his startups, Haspil was free to live out his fantasy life.

He treated his friends to dinner, drinks, and a show in Manhattan. At the end of the night, he'd invite them back to Saleh's Lower East Side condo, passing it off as his own, a friend of Haspil's told The Wall Street Journal. Another person close to Haspil confirmed this to Insider. When he brought Saleh's dog, Laila, to her weekly grooming appointments in the West Village, he even registered her as his own pet. "We had no idea she wasn't his," a receptionist at Biscuits and Bath said. "He seemed to really love the dog."

Tuesday, June 1st:
Murder Info & court info from 7/15/20 thru 10/13/20 reference post #604 here:

1/11/21 Update: Next hearing on 3/30/21. 3/30/21 Update: Next hearing on 5/5/21. 5/5/21 Update: Next hearing on 6/1/21.

He was losing his gravy train.
I can't read the full Business Insider story, but IIRC earlier reports were that Fahim had confronted him about stealing money, but hadn't gone to police. Obviously Fahim was an exceptionally kind-hearted person, and he could afford to lose that money.

But IMO, that's an awful temptation for the perp to get rid of him before he told anyone else.

If you know someone has committed a major crime, never, ever, tell that person that you can prove it, but haven't told police! Because suddenly you are a major threat to them, you are the thing standing in between them and either freedom, or a lengthy jail term, even a mild manner person who doesn't hate you, will consider getting rid of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back