GUILTY NY - Fannie Gumbinger, 99, murdered, Poughkeepsie, 20 Aug 2013

Older people need a mean dog, a gun in a bedside cabinet (away from any kids) and a bolt lock on bedroom door. Medicare ought to also provide home alarm systems to those that can't afford one. A church, old neighbor acquaintance of mine got attacked by a kid after giving him some yard work, so he must have targeted her due to friendliness and age. Little did he know that her family worked for the police dept. They were all over it. She wasn't hurt and actually outwitted him.

Glad she is O.K. No matter how schooled some of elderly are they are still vulnurable.

My mom keeps saying we need a dog. We had German Shepherds our whole lives. Maybe she's right. She has the other thing covered 100%. She's in her chair and Lord forbid somebody got in here she's the one that will save us.

O/T, but not I've wrote about this before. I saw an elderly woman get mugged. It was one of the most awful things I ever saw. To see a full grown hulking man hurt a poor lady busting her up just for her purse? Nobody helped. Nobody. Just me. It broke my heart being on the ground with her as she said "Oh kid, how's my schnoze?" He broke her nose. Then she just kept saying "My DIL is going to be so angry I went out. I just wanted to go to the market over here".

Sorry off topic, but she goes to the same market her whole ***n life and then got mugged. Nice, nice lady. Not to mention they had to get all her locks changed. He had all her ID. That still gets me so mad.

Get a German Shepherd, Filly. Stay safe.

We have groups of young thugs here (all on drugs) that think they aren't committing a serious crime by pushing old women to the ground to steal their purses. They break the elderly women's hips which is frequently a death sentence for them. :(

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2014/09/10/summary-september-10-2014/15414501/

Javon Rogers, 21, entered a guilty plea today to the murder of 99-year-old Fannie Gumbinger in August 2013. The City of Poughkeepsie resident pleaded guilty to avoid a possible sentence of life in prison without parole, his attorney Paul Caltagirone said.

Rogers admitted to Judge Stephen Greller he killed Gumbinger in her City of Poughkeepsie home on Aug. 20, 2013. Roger pleaded guilty to four of 11 charges he was facing. He also pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree burglary and one count of third-degree burglary.

He faces a sentence of 50 years to life in prison with the possibility of parole when he is sentenced on Oct. 29.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/.../gumbinger-murder-rogers-sentencing/19229033/

The man who broke into a 99-year-old City of Poughkeepsie woman's apartment and then smothered her to death is headed to prison for at least the next half-century.

Javon Rogers, 21, of Poughkeepsie was sentenced to 50 years to life by Dutchess County Court Judge Stephen Greller...

He will not be eligible to seek parole for at least 46 1/2 years. As part of his plea agreement, Rogers also forfeited his right to appeal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back