NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hush money" language is so salacious by MSM, it was a nondisclosure agreemnt (NDA) which is not illegal, but MSM enjoys the salacious narrative and is milking it for all it is worth. NDA's are quite common, especially among politcians.
Correct. As well, most staff / employees hired by celebrities, often sign NDAs as a condition of employment. The rich and famous trying to prevent "tell all" books

I
Nonetheless, our nation does have strict election finance laws and when they are violated, politicians are held accountable.
I feel quite confident in saying that most political candidates, particularly those running for the office of President of the United States, do not prepare or perform record keeping functions for their campaigns.

I

I feel quite confident in saying that most political candidates, particularly those running for the office of President of the United States, do not prepare or perform record keeping functions for their campaigns.
Politicians are held accountable for the record keeping of their campaigns and while they are in office.

Politicians are held accountable for the record keeping of their campaigns and while they are in office.
I whole heartedly agree. The buck literally stops at the top. Just wanted to point out that most of these type "financial structures" are put together by finance and legal folks. Tremendously complicated in nature trying to satisfy GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures, RAAP, Regulatory Accounting Procedures, FAAP, Federally Accepted Accounting Procedures....

Meet Judge Merchan.

When Donald Trump enters a New York courtroom on Tuesday, he’ll face a seasoned judge who is no stranger to the former president’s orbit.

Acting New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan has sentenced Trump’s close confident Allen Weisselberg to prison, presided over the Trump Organization tax fraud trial and overseen former adviser Steve Bannon’s criminal fraud case.

But Trump’s historic arraignment on Tuesday will perhaps be Merchan’s most high-profile case to date, even after a long career atop the state-level trial court.

Merchan has been described by observers as a “tough” judge, yet one who is fair, no matter who is before him.

I whole heartedly agree. The buck literally stops at the top. Just wanted to point out that most of these type "financial structures" are put together by finance and legal folks. Tremendously complicated in nature trying to satisfy GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures, RAAP, Regulatory Accounting Procedures, FAAP, Federally Accepted Accounting Procedures....
Tax fraud really isn't that complicated. Which is why Trump's personal attorney entered a guilty plea and went to jail.

He was hiding mistress fees not only from the country, but from his wife. That might have been a bigger motivator than something related to the campaign.

If it was to hide it from his wife, why did he wait to pay her till October 2016, ten years later? Quite a coincidence that it was right before the election.

But he is even denying he hid anything at all, he is saying the "affair" never happened.

Tax fraud really isn't that complicated. Which is why Trump's personal attorney entered a guilty plea and went to jail

Tax fraud really isn't that complicated. Which is why Trump's personal attorney entered a guilty plea and went to jail.

Outside tax accountants (firms) generally prepare the voluminous tax returns of a firm. They work in cooperation with the accounting and auditing group of the firm. While I've only worked for a couple multinationals and a few private groups, I found the many volumes , and work papers, to be very complicated.

Outside tax accountants (firms) generally prepare the voluminous tax returns of a firm. They work in cooperation with the accounting and auditing group of the firm. While I've only worked for a couple multinationals and a few private groups, I found the many volumes , and work papers, to be very complicated.
It is complicated. And when those tax firms are caught cheating, they pay a very dear price.

If it was to hide it from his wife, why did he wait to pay her till October 2016, ten years later? Quite a coincidence that it was right before the election.

But he is even denying he hid anything at all, he is saying the "affair" never happened.
An affair may not have ever happened. I truly have no opinion on that. But I can speak from experience that attorneys do sometimes "make it go away" for their client. Famous people can fall victim to "nuisance" lawsuits. The famous person can be totally innocent of whatever they are accused of, but their legal team will "throw some money at it" , have the accuser sign a NDA, and poof, it's gone. Saves time, money (of defense) and face. Happens way more than we all think.
Adding for clarity, I'm a Bernie fan

I'm not sure why you felt the need to quote me three times. My point remains the same: politicians are held accountable for their election returns. It's why the Congressman was found guilty last summer.

An affair may not have ever happened. I truly have no opinion on that. But I can speak from experience that attorneys do sometimes "make it go away" for their client. Famous people can fall victim to "nuisance" lawsuits. The famous person can be totally innocent of whatever they are accused of, but their legal team will "throw some money at it" , have the accuser sign a NDA, and poof, it's gone. Saves time, money (of defense) and face. Happens way more than we all think.
Adding for clarity, I'm a Bernie fan
If the affair had never happened, there would be no proof. Trump would not have paid to silence Daniels. Paying her off and the other woman was incredibly dumb moves by his staff.

If the affair had never happened, there would be no proof. Trump would not have paid to silence Daniels. Paying her off and the other woman was incredibly dumb moves by his staff.
I've not seen any proof of an affair, perhaps you can direct me? Unfortunately for our society, legal teams representing famous folks, do "throw money" at an accuser and settle with NDAs more often then we care to think. its almost a cottage industry.

Really?

Yes belle. Really. I am pretty sure the Trump organization was not in the business of preparing tax returns. Weren't they in the property management or real estate business? I'm referring to outside CPA firms that audit and prepare taxes for companies.

I've not seen any proof of an affair, perhaps you can direct me? Unfortunately for our society, legal teams representing famous folks, do "throw money" at an accuser and settle with NDAs more often then we care to think. its almost a cottage industry.
Stormy Daniels testified before the Grand Jury. Apparently, they believed her. It is not a giant leap to believe she had proof. An indictment is the result. Gosh, shucks.

Yes belle. Really. I am pretty sure the Trump organization was not in the business of preparing tax returns. Weren't they in the property management or real estate business? I'm referring to outside CPA firms that audit and prepare taxes for companies.
The Trumps were in the business of politics between 2016-2020 and needed to abide by the same tax laws the rest of us were required to abide. Outside CPA firms are required to abide by the law.

Gosh belle, I guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see. Nice chatting with you. Have a good evening
Yeah, rush off to the firm, Ernest & Young. They didn't cheat on behalf of their client: Oh. Wait. Yes they did. I have to laugh at how stupid their lawyers are.

Ernst & Young has been slapped with a record $100 million fine from the US government after regulators discovered that the company knew some of its auditors were cheating on exams for several years and did nothing to stop it.

The Securities and Exchange Commission said Tuesday that a “significant number” of the accounting firm’s auditors cheated on the ethics portion of the Certified Public Accountant test and other courses needed to maintain the licenses. Perhaps more stunningly, the SEC said that Ernst & Young “made a submission” that it didn’t have “current issues with cheating when, in fact, the firm had been informed of potential cheating on a CPA ethics exam.”

The $100 million fine is its largest ever against an auditing firm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member